RELEASED More Crops, Unofficial Continuation

Discussion in 'Mods' started by TenkoKuugen, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

How and where do you install the files for your great continuation of the more crops mod?

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It says so in the first post
      The .rar even comes as a content and mods folder that you just have to merge (read: cut the folder, paste it into the general stardew folder, it will merge with your existing content folder)

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Okay cool thanks.

• Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was unaware there was a way to make one mod load before another. If it is simple and easily explained here, I would love to try it out your idea here (if you have not already).

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Mods load in alphabetical order, that is why EntoFramework's mod directory is called `!EntoaroxFramework`, it puts it at the top of the alphabetical list and makes sure it loads before any mods that use it (Provided they do not add ! to their mod dir, and if so, their own dang fault :p)

Aveloren likes this.
            • Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

Helpful as always, thanks Entoarox! I hope I can get this to work.

• zarzaz

zarzaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

ancient fruit.png ancient fruit.png
                It should look like this?? Its Ancient fruit??

Mgmzxcvv likes this.
                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• TenkoKuugen

OH SHIT
                  I am using a monster waifu mod and forgot that the crops.png was also modified

That is ancient fruits alright. The only change is graphical. I should probably update that to the vanilla png at some point.

• zarzaz

zarzaz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is it possible to edit seling prices on my own?? I want to reduce some prices of crops and increase price of seeds.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Quite possible, just unpack and modify the xnb data files, then repack them and done :)

• TenkoKuugen

The prices should already be somewhat pricey and have very only very slightly better G/D totals than some vanilla crops
                        You need to edit the item values in objectinformation.xnb for that
                        The shop sells them at 2x listed values (seeds) and buys them at flat value

• Sereverus

Sereverus Aquatic Astronaut

thank you for continuing this lovely mod ^^

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

How possible is it to make this an alternate mod for a bunch of flowers I made? I want the flowers that I made to grow like crops and add them in the game as crops (but not with a variety of colours when you harvest them like the fairy rose and other stuff). Is it only a matter of editing the sprites in the sheet and changing the corresponding names in-game or is it harder than what I'm thinking?

• TenkoKuugen

As long as someone supplies the sprites for the crops and seeds and harvested flowers I can basically add any number of them.
                              Editing sprites and changing names would be REPLACING flowers, not adding them.
                              Adding sprites and adding items, is adding them, www

• eemie

Ehhh okay, i meant replacing.....

• TenkoKuugen

I don't see the point in replacing stuff tbh.
                                  Adding, sure, but replacing?
                                  Unless you just want to change the way old flowers look, then you just edit the crops.png but that's got nothing to do with this mod

• eemie

You don't have to see the point, I was only asking a question on what the possibilities are. So replacing the crops and changing the names are a possibility? Okay, good. Thanks.

• Jayfeather980

Jayfeather980 Subatomic Cosmonaut

How hard would it be to add the new crops to the Mixed seeds? Would it be unreasonable to to have seed that can only be obtained by planting mixed seeds? I could see 2 "Mixed seed" crops per season one common and on rare. Once you get a crop in this manner, It can be replicated in the Seed Maker.

I also wonder about crops that only grow in the greenhouse? Is it even possible? One method would be making a crop take more than 28 days to mature.

• TenkoKuugen

Crops that only grow in the greenhouse are already in this mod. If you make them grow only in winter, they won't grow anywhere but the greenhouse because even if the crop is "valid" for winter, the game will delete the crops. The only exception to this is the actual "winter seed" to grow forage winter items.

You would have to ask Ento about the mixed seeds but it's somewhere between "can only be done with SMAPI" and "impossible"