1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Lag when i open menu and inside the ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by pirata, Jan 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pirata

pirata Void-Bound Voyager

When I am inside the ship, the game gets very slow, but when I am on a planet the game moves to 60 fps and if I open any menu it will get back to slow. I think it has something to do with the size of the interface.

i have the version of the game v1.1.1

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Latest Starbound version is 1.2.2
    Please update first and see if the issue persists.

~ Iris ~

3. pirata

Already update the game to version 1.2.2 but still the same lag, When I am on the ship or when I open the inventory or when I am near the portal; The game becomes unplayable

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

What are your specs?

~ Iris ~

5. pirata

I have an old pc, but I can play games like crysis 2 or gta iv

windows 7 32 bit
    2 GB RAM
    video card integrated intel G41 express chipset 814 MB

The game also slows down when numbers appear when attacking a monster.

I think its a problem with light effects and GUI

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

You are below the minimum requirements for the game. You only have 2GB of ram, and yes, the game requirements say 2GB, but that is the requirement for the game itself. As it is, you have 2GB for your whole computer, meaning the operating system itself, the game, and any other background applications that may be running. Starbound can easily eat up 1GB of memory, and the OS reserves about 20% for itself, so you are already eating up ~1.4GB of memory, leaving 600MB for everything else, which isn't much. Just having a browser open can eat most of that up, let alone several tabs.

Your graphics chip is also extremely weak. Saying you can play X game doesnt mean much, because different games have different requirements and different flexabilities in terms of lowering graphic fidelity in order to boost performance. Starbound may seem simplistic, but it is more demanding than you think, and there aren't really any graphics settings that can be lowered. Primarally just the resolution of the game is all you have to work with.

Additionally, you don't list your CPU, but I am going to take a guess based on the other specs that it too is not very good.