1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded FurryBound Revival - A furry friendly Starbound server!

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Geodeek, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey! Yeah so, I frequent the server with a character named "Witch Cat" but recently I decided to make a new character also called Witch Cat but whenever I try connecting to the server with my new character it kicks me out as "a user with that name already exists". Is there anyway to fix this?

2. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Oh, that's a very easy fix, all you have to do is to open your Starbound directory and then do nothing.
    It's already fixed.

3. Geodeek

Geodeek Pangalactic Porcupine

Translation: The system is working as designed. There can only be one UUID per name, so you'll have to use a different name for your other character.

4. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Translation: Geo forgot to actually ask me what I was talking about, but I meant Eradem already erased the server data for Witch Cat so your new character can join since the name isn't attached to an UUID anymore.

5. Geodeek

Oh, let me update my translation then.
    Translation: [Incomprehensible snarky remark]

6. Witch Cat

Witch Cat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could y'all do the whole erasing server data for Witch Cat again? Please and thank you!

7. EpicRiolu

EpicRiolu Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I used to visit this server with an Avali character named "Rali" for a while, but I've since had to format and start a new version of my character. The UUID system won't let me in anymore since that name is taken, can you fix this?

8. Eradem

Eradem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, EpicRilou; this is far from the perfect place to ask for such requests. You can always mention this in a private message to myself or Geo in Discord as that will make it easier overall. But, yes this can be fixed and is fixed.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  9. Rederik_Wood

Rederik_Wood Void-Bound Voyager

I used to be on this server all the time from about 2014-2015 before it went down the first time, and then Starbound became unplayable due to framerate issues in 1.1. I'd love to get back into the mix, but I need to make sure I can play the damn thing.

PS. Are Lucario no longer a thing on this server?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  10. Eradem

Hello @Rederik_Wood it's not so much that Lucario is no longer a thing as that they haven't updated to the latest version on the steam workshop and so we cannot use it even if it is up to date.

11. Rederik_Wood

Rederik_Wood Void-Bound Voyager

So, I tried to play with Rhao... I had... About 5 minutes of input and playbacl lag, and Task Manager said Starbound.exe was taking up 2,000,000K of memory. Is that normal?

12. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been finding myself getting a bit bored lately, so I was looking up servers, specifically ones with slimes in them (I'm really stuck to them), but I looked through this thread and... on one page, someone suggests removing slimes. On a far later page, it's mentioned that slimes are in. I looked over the mod collection, and I see nothing of the sort, neither my 'Slime Race Mod', nor Gentooze's 'Ooze Race'.

Are there actually no slimes at all? I mean I know they're not "furry", but neither are "The Nightars", and yet they're in.

13. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Its best to go on their forums for this kind of question. They can't usually help with stuff like that here (I think). For Callistans, it took about a month for approval, but its worth it =3

14. Eradem

@XelSlime Your confusion is fair. It's because we have added slime race mod as a mod for consideration; but it has not yet been added. A reason for this is due to worry about the mod collection size and that of increased clutter. The primary reason however, is that Geo has been very busy as of late; so they haven't had the time to actually test out and add any mods yet.

Also, part of the problem is that this thread is very old, and quite a lot of the thread sections are out of date. This means that you've witnessed changes of mod additions and removing over time.

I recommend you go to the forums for more up to date information.

http://fb.ccdyn.com

15. Eradem

@Rederik_Wood It's a long time incoming, but we've figured out the fix to Starbound using ungodly amounts of ram; use the 32-bit Starbound when you press the play button, rather than the 64-bit one.

16. karmakitty52

karmakitty52 Space Hobo

i want to join but every time i try it says the sever is down

17. Geodeek

The server was having some issues last night. If you haven't already, try joining again.
    ...Unless you were the one trying to join as "meow" last night. "meow" was IP banned for repeatedly inducing a server crash.

18. karmakitty52

karmakitty52 Space Hobo

No i was Kitten Neverstar i'm not sure if it even registered

19. Geodeek

Are you still unable to connect? The crashing issues are sorted now, so the server should be relatively stable.

20. CeriseAlucia

CeriseAlucia Big Damn Hero

Hey, can someone notify me when the mods issue is fixed with the server, I keep getting disconnected for using vanilla Starbound items, which makes no sense to me.