1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue SMAPI Issue?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheLavenderCat, Jan 27, 2017.

1. TheLavenderCat

TheLavenderCat Space Hobo

OK sooo... I have no idea how or why this happened, but when I tried to open my save file, SMAPI crashed and gave me this:

[ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Characters\Alex". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Characters\Alex.xnb". File not found.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at StardewValley.Game1.loadForNewGame(Boolean loadedGame)
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__51.MoveNext()
    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time)
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 338

I'm not much of a code reader, so I was baffled by this message.
    Please help! :catcry:
    Also the little D: face is actually D : Idk why it did that.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

It can't find one of Alex's data files. I'd try verifying your game through Steam first. Minor note, if you have any XNB mods; make a backup of them as Steam will restore Stardew back to it's original state.

Instructions:
      Go to Stardew Valley in your Steam Library, and right click on it. Go down to "Properties", and click on that. Then on the new window it brings up, go to the 3rd tab called "Local Files". Click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".

Try that, and see if it works.

• TheLavenderCat

TheLavenderCat Space Hobo

It did. Thank you SO much!!! :catsparkle: