RELEASED Karmylla's Mods - Immersive Maps, Spouse Rooms, Farm Cave, Cellar

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Karmylla, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Entoarox Framework and Advanced Location Loader are the future of the Stardew Valley's mod community my friend.

IronZelly and Karmylla like this.
    • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

OMG YES! I love how more and more mods are being moved to ALL. That makes the process of turning mods on/off (for live streaming for example) so much easier. :D

Damn, now I want an ALL version of the spouse rooms.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Ahahah, I will try! I'm very much a noob when it comes to coding, but there are a lot of threads around the forums that teach you how to do it!
        I'll try my best to have an ALL version of the spouse rooms in the future!

Minakie likes this.
        • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

@Karmylla if you like, I can make a manifest for the spouse rooms to make it ALL ready. It's really not that hard, if it were full on coding I'd be lost :rofl:

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Guys, @Acerbicon has done it again: we got a SMAPI for the Spouse Rooms as well!
            Seriously, you guys, @Acerbicon , I'm so thankful!!!!!!!
            I'll be posting the mod in a few minutes at the original thread, stay tuned!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
              Minakie likes this.
            • Acerbicon

I would recommend to everyone that they use the original method for the time being unless they aren't married in game and don't plan on getting married. It seems that editing certain maps through Advanced Location Loader causes the Spouse Rooms to not load properly, even if you haven't modified your Spouse Rooms through any kind of mod.

I don't have the married save files to check more deeply, though @Karmylla was kind enough to provide me with hers and that allowed me to find some information. She is married to Shane and when the Animal Shop is being loaded through Advanced Location Loader, his spouse room does not load. If anyone has married saves they'd be willing to donate so I can do further checks, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Karmylla likes this.
              • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Please everyone, if you would like to see a SMAPI of this, help @Acerbicon by sharing your save files with a married player!

IronZelly and Acerbicon like this.
                • IronZelly

IronZelly Void-Bound Voyager

I've got a save file with Sebastian as my husbando if that helps. :DD

Attached Files:

Karmylla and Acerbicon like this.
                  • Acerbicon

It helps a lot and raises some important questions. Even though Sebastian's original "home" map was edited and loaded through ALL, his spouse room still appears. Whereas when Shane's original "home" map is edited and loaded though ALL his spouse room does not.

Thank you so much for the file. It's brought me one step closer. :)

IronZelly likes this.
                    • Acerbicon

I've made a bit more progress. There's something about this map edit of the Animal Shop that does not mix well with Shane's spouse room when loaded through ALL.

This particular map edit, not just an edited map in general. I did a quick, basic map edit of the Animal Shop for testing purposes and when loaded along with everything else (not including this mods Animal Shop) Shane's spouse room appeared as it should have.

Getting closer to an answer!

Karmylla likes this.
                      • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Beta is married to Shane and Tester is married to Penny.

Attached Files:

IronZelly, Acerbicon and Karmylla like this.
                        • Acerbicon

Thank you so much! Strangely enough, in your Beta file Shane's spouse room showed up perfectly fine despite using this mod's version of the Animal Shop loaded through all. Even more strange was that when I loaded @Karmylla's file with a Shane marriage, her's suddenly showed his spouse room just fine.

Karmylla can you try downloading Minakie's Beta save and playing it, save the game in it, then try loading up your save file. Tell me if that changes anything on your end.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@Acerbicon I tried it, and I still have the same problem, nothing appears in the Spouse Room. I thought that maybe it was due to another mod so I took them all out of the folder, but the issue remained.
                            I am using the latest version of the mod you gave me, did you change the code in any way recently?

• Acerbicon

I'm loading them all from one manifest, so try placing your Spouse Room edit in the folder with the rest of your map edits and replacing the manifest with this one.

Attached Files:

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I'm so sorry, the issue remains :( The other maps are fine, though. It really is just the spouseRooms file that just doesn't work on my part.
                                But it has to be something I'm doing wrong, since you aren't having this problem!

• Acerbicon

Well, when you first sent me your save it wasn't working for me either, but it is working for me now, which is strange. I'm trying to think of anything I've done outside of this that might have changed something. Do you mind telling me which mods you're using? Even just the graphics changes? You can private message me it if you prefer.

Also, to everyone else. Are you having an issue where your spouse room is empty? If so, can you please tell me who you're married to?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

• Acerbicon

Are these map edits the only ones you're loading through ALL? Also, that's nothing compared to how many I'm using >_>

Try doing this for me, delete the Entoarox Framework folder, delete everything in the Advanced Location Loader folder (except for anything in the locations that isn't your map edits, you need to to delete them). Re-extract Entoarox Framework and Advanced Location Loader to their places in the Mods folder and put this copy of your map edits folder into locations and try it out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
                                    • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

No, the issue persists :(
                                      And yes, these map edits are the only ones being loaded through ALL

• Acerbicon

Well, I went through and disabled all my mods outside of the ones needed for this and again the spouse room didn't load. That makes me think that something in one of my mods is doing something to help this error.

I would do some testing, but it's storming here and my power went out so I'm stuck using my phone to write this. When I can access the game again I'll test some more.

Karmylla likes this.