1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED the Kazdra version 0.3.2

Dragons! All custom! All the time!

1. RubiKitty88

RubiKitty88 Aquatic Astronaut

Wait, so we DO get those bats as a playable race?!

2. Hiuki

Hiuki Pangalactic Porcupine

either a genetically modified version, or a race that looks similar. I haven't made up my mind yet. (and probably won't for a long while. xD)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    jonathonspy likes this.
  3. Keppabar

Keppabar Big Damn Hero

Small thing I noticed with the Kazdra cave villages is the underground lakes that sometimes spawn have no background bellow the waterline. Looks kind of strange.

Hiuki likes this.
  4. Dycle

Dycle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I once saw said lake without background tiles drain away as it has spawned high enough that background tiles are needed to hold liquid.

5. RubiKitty88

RubiKitty88 Aquatic Astronaut

I'd say similar, with different fur colors. I wish i could help, but my skills are limited to testing >.>

6. SpacemanFive

SpacemanFive Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's been a long time since there was any activity in here. Are things okay on Hiuki's end?

notanaccount2 likes this.
  7. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

8. SpacemanFive

SpacemanFive Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So the mod's just not being worked on anymore then? :\

9. Dycle

Dycle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I certainly hope it still is (just delayed) as this is my favorite mod for Starbound.

10. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

It does work, too.
    Things just need to be worked on in preparations for the next update, you know? Maybe attention is just being more focused on for it rather than the chat. That being said, if there is a bug, do post it here so it can be patched later.

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hopefully the coming update doesn't change too much in respect to race mods. But we'll see, etc.

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

*nods* I've done that for a different mod too.

13. AuldWolf

AuldWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, we're getting a crash and I've tracked it down to the kazdraguard.behaviour file. There seems to be a path or variable that's changed, there, but I'm not familiar enough with the systems of Starbound to know how to properly compare this. At least, not yet. I'm going to continue poking it, but this may give another a heads-up as to where to begin looking. Removing the kazdraguard.behaviour allows the game to be booted and the Kazdra race to show up and be playable.

Going to do more tampering.

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

ALL Behavior files were changed with 1.3, this was noted in the update notes, so yes, any mod that includes NPCs, or mobs are broken until their behaviors are updated to account for the new variables and structures. I don't know anything about LUA though, so please don't ask me how to fix it.

But yes, stripping a mod of all NPCs, villagers, etc should do the trick. But then of course that means you will no longer see villages/villagers/etc.

15. AuldWolf

AuldWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You don't really even need to go that far, honestly, at least from my testing. You don't need to strip out all that stuff, just the beahviour type for the NPC. Specifically that exact one.

I'm still trying to figure it all out.

And, yes, the update did indeed change all behaviours. It actually changed quite a good number of things. The reason I thought to mention it is to say that, hey, this specific part is definitely the change that's causing the issues... as that might be helpful to know.

Sorry if it came across that I was attacking/blaming the mod author or something like that. I've been a mod author myself and I'm sensitive to the plight and having to deal with very demanding people. Sadly, I'm autistic so my tone can be needlessly matter-of-fact.

I just wanted to be helpful. Sorry if it came over any way other than that.

16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Nah, you're fine. I was just providing some easy info on how your average common person could get their game up and running again without losing their character(s).

17. Bruised Spartan

Bruised Spartan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Screenshot (143).png
    I got a bit bored with this new update, so I decided to build another ship...
    I'm really just hoping everything is going alright on Hiuki's end, considering his prolonged absence...
    Still love this mod, however. Seriously, it's like, the only one I use when it comes to custom races.

18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Because it's... one of two dragon-themed race mods out there, the other being a human with dragon-ish features? *grins*

Modding is... an endless job, because of how updates tend to break mods. If I ever did a race mod (I've been tempted to, but I lack the ability to do spriting), I would do it in modules, like the basic race would be the base mod that just gives you the race and nothing else, and then there'd be an armor module, and then a villages module, etc. so that when an update came out, if I was not able to keep it patched, people could still play the core race just fine in most cases except for a small tweak here, or there. They could just uninstall the rest of the mod temporarily to make it work. At least they'd have access to their characters a lot easier that way, even if they'd end up with some PGIs/inaccessible planets.

IMO, anyways.

19. Bruised Spartan

Bruised Spartan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Pretty much...

As sprite sheets go... They're very very repetitive, and that's what I don't like... Usually, I end up merging parts together to form something, and then use GIMP to recolor it, and then make further changes in Paint.net. Since it's so much work, I only have 10 files, and only end up using like 3 of them... But, since there is a way to use hand made pants and such, I made this...
    90q8w6.png
    If Hiuki sees them, and wants to use them, I say it's alright with me.

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

*nods* I'm aware of what sprite sheets looked like, in fact, I've opened up this mod and other mods' sprite sheets for curiosity's sake, but I don't think I'd be any good at modifying them/making my own.

I could maybe take Kazdra's dragon sprites and modify them a little for my own race, BUT, they would probably look too similar and I wouldn't want to do that to another modder, especially not someone I respect for making a nice mod such as this one.

I totally understand if RL has got him or he burned out on maintaining it; I'm not going to hold that against him whatsoever.