Modding Help Mod authors: I'll update your mods for Stardew 1.2 and SMAPI 1.9

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks @cantorsdust! Many players will still check your official Nexus pages for updates. Would you be open to adding me as a co-maintainer on Nexus so I can update the mods directly and find permanent maintainers?

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Done. Running my mods through SMAPI 1.8 appears to trigger no errors, just some deprecated commands, and the game loads alright. Here's hoping there's minimal work.

Pathoschild likes this.
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks! I'll go through and update them all for the Stardew Valley 1.2 beta soon.

Minakie, Coolwyngs and mystery406 like this.
        • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Cool thank you for doing this. I use 4 of the listed mods.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@LasurDragon: I'm setting up community maintenance for mods like TimeSpeed, so we can release updates to the official Nexus page. You have an unofficial continuation of TimeSpeed; would you mind if I merged your changes into the official version and released an official update? If you're still interested in maintaining TimeSpeed, I can give you access to the repository and Nexus page so you can take care of maintaining the official version. :)

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

FYI @Pathoschild I updated All Crops All Seasons, so you won't need to do that one. You have my permission to put all the mods under community maintenance if you like, I'm only updating the mods because I want to play SDV again and need my particular fix.

Minakie and Pathoschild like this.
              • LasurDragon

LasurDragon Astral Cartographer

Still interested, thanks for the update.
                Not sure how easy the merging will go so, since at some point of developement I decided to just recreate implementation from scratch. :oops:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Making progress on updating @cantorsdust's mods:
                  • ✓ Done:
                    • Merge into the community mods repository (including @LasurDragon's unofficial TimeSpeed continuation).
                    • Update to SMAPI 1.9+ and Stardew Valley 1.2+.
                    • Refactor (add code documentation, switch to build config package, standardise formatting, etc). Also partly rewrite All Crops All Seasons to reduce the need for the XNB file, though removing it entirely requires a SMAPI 2.0 feature.
                    • Add READMEs and release notes.
                  • ❑ To do:
                    • Fix any outstanding bugs reported on Nexus or in the forums.
                    • Lots of testing to make sure everything still works fine.
                    • Release beta versions for others to try.
                    • Release official updates.
                    • Set up maintainer access for @LasurDragon.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
                  • Xerbarus

Xerbarus Big Damn Hero

Hey Pathos, I'm not the author but the source code of better sprinklers is public https://gitlab.com/speeder1/SMAPISprinklerMod/tree/master. Do you think there is a chance of updating it for SMAPI 1.9+ and SV 1.2+
                    I've been trying to get a hold of the author but its been more than a month since he was last seen

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Xerbarus. The author has recently returned, so they might update their mods officially. Otherwise this unofficial patch will be updated when Stardew Valley 1.2 is released.

• Xerbarus

Xerbarus Big Damn Hero

Still very new to stardew valley and its R&R with orspeeder beeing online last Jul 20, 2016
                        does that already fall within the rules to get it updated by another party the mod or not?

Thanks for the quick reply!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Minakie likes this.
                        • Xerbarus

Xerbarus Big Damn Hero

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Minakie likes this.
                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@cantorsdust's mods are now updated for SMAPI beta and Stardew Valley 1.2, refactored as needed, and part of the community mods (including @LasurDragon's continuation of TimeSpeed). I uploaded a beta version for each mod:
                          The non-beta versions will be released once Stardew Valley 1.2 is out of beta. Feel free to submit feedback, suggestions, or bug reports in their individual discussion threads. :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
                            mkh1588 and Minakie like this.
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.9 has some breaking changes from the Stardew Valley 1.2 branch so mods can start getting ready for them. I updated the following mods for the latest version of SMAPI with Stardew Valley 1.11:
                            I submitted pull requests for these mods, but haven't heard from the authors yet:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
                              Minakie and nirasa1957 like this.
                            • nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank's. You are doing a good job. :nuruhappy::confirm:

Pathoschild likes this.
                              • Smallcorners

Smallcorners Subatomic Cosmonaut

Also not supported by SMAPI 1.9, according to Entoarox is Extended Minecart 1.6.0.
                                I do have a notice on that thread about this.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Smallcorners. I clarified that SMAPI 1.9 is the current release for Stardew Valley 1.11 in that thread. SMAPI 1.9-beta was originally for the unreleased Stardew Valley 1.2 beta, which is probably why he said it was unsupported.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard