First game ever played

Discussion in 'Games' started by I_am_the_Storm, Jan 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Hard to remember my first game. Might have been one the old Junior Field Trips, or an early Lego games (Island, Rock Raiders, Racers, etc.).

Ah, good old Myst. I even tried replaying it last year, until I got stuck thanks to a game-breaking bug. Still have fond memories of that island and its atmosphere.

Waffle-Chan and I_am_the_Storm like this.
  2. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

By the Heavens... so much nostalgia! I suppose I'll look to my shelves with old games and PLAY THEM ALL!!

3. It Mero

It Mero Yeah, You!

Super Mario Bros 3 for the NES my dad had a NES and I took all chances I could to play it.

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

This was the first game I remember playingX3 it took me (and brothers) over 10 years to finish it.
    [​IMG]

5. kraftlos

kraftlos Space Hobo

For me, it was probably OutNumbered! for DOS at my Grandparent's house. I played it on one of the original IBM machines with a "orange and black" monochrome monitor. We also had Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. The first game I had at home was probably Commander Keen 4, also for DOS (CGA version).

6. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Either Super Mario 64 Ds, Mario Kart DS or pokemon pearl.

7. maestro kitty

maestro kitty Aquatic Astronaut

I played with a V-Tech a lot when I was three or four, but the first real video game I played was Super Smash Bros. Melee.

8. Grubageddon

Grubageddon Title Not Found

My first video game? Pac-Man on the Atari 2600, back in 1984. I was 4 at the time, and my dad had just gotten an Atari for his birthday to give him something to do as he wasn't really able to do much outside due to heart disease. We spent a lot of time playing that, Adventure, Berzerk, and a few other pre-8-bit classics. (That's right; when I started playing games the NES wasn't even a thing yet.) Every Thursday night, when I was supposed to be in bed, I'd sneak behind the couch in the living room to watch while he watched Magnum, P.I. Natch, he knew I was there and he'd wind up pulling me over to watch. In the afternoons on weekdays, we'd watch Gilligan's Island and Tuxedo Sam (old cartoon about a talking penguin) reruns and other afternoon cartoons, and on Sunday afternoons we'd kick back and watch Blackbelt Theater.

Thus was born a lifelong love of video games, over-the-top adventure shows, cartoons, and Hong Kong kung-fu film classics.

I_am_the_Storm and Corraidhín like this.
  9. Guard23

Guard23 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Contra (NES)

Corraidhín and I_am_the_Storm like this.
  10. I_am_the_Storm

That reminds me myself. In 5 am, I'd woke up just after my parents leave the house, turn on uncle computer, and played GTA 1. Sometimes I've just forget to go to school.
    So don't worry, you are not alone, who did such similiar things...

11. Mike1Bagong

Mike1Bagong Astral Cartographer

I played lego universe before, it was fun.

12. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The first game I renember to have ever played was Blinx: The Time Sweeper.

13. I_am_the_Storm

Dang it! I've alway wanted to try this game as a little kid...

14. I_am_the_Storm

Hmm... just a thought... Is there a human, who doesn't played Mario?

15. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Yeez... Show my age.

Banjo-Kazooie on the N64. Still one of my favourite games today.

I am almost certain this was the very first game I played.

I_am_the_Storm and Corraidhín like this.
  16. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

That game terrified me >.< the pyramid level with the spikes on the ceiling!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  17. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

The levels that terrified me the most was the Beach level and the boat level. Ironically not the haunted house.

Don't like Sharks... And I hated swimming in the oil water.

18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

oh dear me, those blasted sharks! the memories x.x

19. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

My first videogame was either Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland or Metal Slug Anthology. Does anybody else remember a Metal Slug level with a cruise ship that gets sunk by a submarine? And then you have to fight the submarine while you ride the sinking boat down?

20. fynx

fynx Void-Bound Voyager

oh boy.

the first game i ever played was probably something like this- maybe exactly it, actually, since i don't know what it was called- if it counts.

if you want something more like an actual video game, then it would be this old thing.

i still have the cartridge somewhere, unless i'm mistaken. so that's what, all but three-ish years of my life? my god.

:nuruawe: