Modding Help Remove default recipes

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Drakarus, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Drakarus

Drakarus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, a friend and I are working on a full conversion mod for starbound and we decided that the second thing we needed to do was remove all the known-by-default recipes, so we could replace them with our own as we make them.

However, according to him, simply gutting the defaultrecipes/tier1 won't be enough. I've seen this firsthand myself, as both in and out of admin mode, the usual assortment of recipes persist no matter how hard we try to patch them out.

If anyone has advice on what we've missed, and why this isn't working, please let us know.

For reference, the patch we're using is simply spamming this over and over

{
    "op": "remove",
    "path": "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/0"
    },

Repeated once for every recipe to gut the array from top to bottom, excluding the comma on the last one and all enclosed with a [ ] as the syntax requires. It doesn't work for some reason.

--- Part 2 that I probably should have included in the original post but I didn't because I'm not smart ---

I have a second question on the same topic. Because of *how* we edited the player.config, it's really obnoxiously long. Is it possible to just remove the entire tier1 array, then just add a new blank one, reducing it all to just 2 operations? If so, how would that be formatted in a patch? Because all of my attempts have failed rather predictably.

We'll be trying to figure this out ourselves, but if anyone else already has an answer, we'd be happy to learn from you.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Default blueprints found are in two files. The first is the player.config that holds all of your average unspecific recipes. The second is the .species file which specifies race specific recipes like armors, weapons (Novakid), or flags. Be sure to remove them from both.

Drakarus likes this.
  3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Removing it from player.config is enough - but the changes will only be seen in a completely new character.

Drakarus likes this.
  4. Drakarus

We'll be sure to keep that in mind. Thanks.

Though this would mean that modded races would need to be patched in, or simply incompatible to prevent exploitation.

5. Drakarus

I was unaware of this and will pass the news on to my friend. I don't thing wither of us even thought to make new characters, and I feel kinda silly about that now. :p

6. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

change this to
    Code:
    {
      "op":"replace",
      "path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1",
      "value":[]
    }
    then you just have to do it the once.

7. Drakarus

I'm beginning to think me and my friend are idiots. Thank you for pointing this out to me. xD