RELEASED [SMAPI] Multiple Sprites and Portraits On Rotation

Discussion in 'Modding Tools' started by SlyMerc, Apr 17, 2017.

1. SlyMerc

SlyMerc Void-Bound Voyager

Ever wanted your villagers to look different based on the season? Or to have a villager's hair grow, or gain a tan? Or maybe you couldn't decide between two different sprites for a villager?

Use this simple SMAPI mod to easily accomplish all of those!

This mod works by placing the .png files of the characters' sprites and portraits into folders and then rotating through them based upon the inputs of a config file. You can have them change daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. Don't want to have them change based on day, but rather on friendship level? The option to have them switch based on gaining a friendship level is also there!

A readme file is included to help explain the config file.

Start using this mod to make your villagers more dynamic in appear!

Link: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1094/?

Elrohir_of_Rivendell likes this.
    • Aristatide

Aristatide Tentacle Wrangler

Oh this is awesome. I like the day-by-day thing--are you using something for the way Haley tans, or was that just a quick example? This might actually get me back into pixel-ing (I started to learn... [looks at calendar] oh, let's not go into how many years ago, then got distracted), because my first thought is FESTIVAL CLOTHES.

• SlyMerc

That was just a quick example to show the potential of the mod. I'm a programmer first, not really an artist haha.

• SlyMerc

Mod has been updated!

Version 1.1:
          Added feature that allows sprites/portraits to change whether it is raining or not.
          Added feature that allows sprites/portraits to change whether they are inside or outside.

• Cereb

Cereb Void-Bound Voyager

Nice work! I love the mod. I wonder if SMAPI would allow the characters outfits to be changed based on season? I know longevity has it but I'm not sure if it's using a workaround.

• SlyMerc

In SMAPI, there's something that runs for every time a day changes. By keeping track of the days, this mod allows for outfits to be changed based on the season. The config file with the mod helps explain concepts more in-depth.

• Wolffang719

Wolffang719 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's been two years since this was updated and that sucks because I really liked using this mod for the short time I could a few years back, any chance of it getting revived or is there a similar mod I can use in its place?