1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Crash when Sleeping

Discussion in 'Support' started by galxcticcs, May 2, 2017.

1. galxcticcs

galxcticcs Space Hobo

I own the PC version of Stardew Valley. I've had this game for a long time and have enjoyed it thoroughly. I've had zero problems with it until this last week. I like to play in bursts, so I play a few days at a time miscellaneously when I have time. Recently, I can only go a few days in game before it crashes when I try to sleep. It just stops and a pop up comes up saying that the application stopped responding and that it needs to be closed. It's frustrating because I love this game and having to redo a whole day and restart the game blows. I can move past the days that it happens on, I just have to restart the game and it lets me progress for a few days. I've never had this problem before and am very eager to fix it because I want to continue to play this game without inconvenience. Thank you.

cathawk and Raskel like this.
    • cathawk

cathawk Void-Bound Voyager

I have the exact same problem -- started within the past week.

• RAINBIRD55

RAINBIRD55 Starship Captain

Me too, except at bedtime, the game closes without saving. The next morning, it's still the same date, all over again!

• Decaffwriter

Decaffwriter Yeah, You!

Had this same issue happen a couple times now. Any fixes or suggestions?

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Which build are you using? 1.2.30 contains fixes for crashes while saving and loading. If you're not on 1.2.30, I recommend updating.

• Decaffwriter

Decaffwriter Yeah, You!

Game is fully updated. Just updated SMAPI, will post if that turns out to have been the issue.

• cathawk

cathawk Void-Bound Voyager

My game is fully updated, too, and it still crashes sporadically when I sleep.

• ishizu29

ishizu29 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i have the same issue, it´s a real bummer. :nurumad:

• ishizu29

ishizu29 Subatomic Cosmonaut

ok, so someone suggested that you try running the game/ steam as admin. i tried and after 3 game days it still hasn´t crashed. so,,,