1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved (Modded) Character Won't Load, Getting "Exception caught in main loop"

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Trek47, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trek47

Trek47 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

While playing Frackin' Universe as a Felin, I beamed down to a wasteland planet only to have the game close on me, displaying the error message I have attached (the game still boots up just fine). A quick runthrough of the log file revealed that it crashed due to missing a "quest template for id 'illegalshipupgrade6' and 'shipupgrade 7'", and I remembered that I had recruited a new crewmember and gotten the quest to upgrade my ship.

I am playing on v. 1.2.2 on Windows 10 in windowed mode with 30+ mods, including but not limited to:
    • Frackin' Universe + addons
    • Felins race + addons
    • UniGen
    • Avail race + addons
    • Draconis race
    • Greckan race
    • Lamia race
    • Xbawks Character extender
    • Crew mods that expand capacity to 99 (I had to switch to a different one due to using a non-vanilla race) and allow for unlimited crewmembers to accompany me
    • Shut Up Wesley!
    • XS Mechs and Switch Fighter
    • Glowing chests mod
    • Keep Your Day Job
    • Job Offers
    • Mini Village
    • Craftable Upgrade Modules
    • Others that may not be relevant (I will make a Steam collection if it helps/if it's a mod I didn't list that's causing the problem).
    • I had the Tier 9/10 ships mod installed, but decided to remove it since it didn't work with the Felins
    • Enhanced Storage
    I deleted the mods I thought most relevant to the issue (mostly the Draconis mod the vehicle mods because errors for those showed up in the logs as well, and the crew increase mod), but the error persisted regardless. At this point, I do not know which mod could be causing such an issue, so a pointer in the right direction would be ideal to make diagnosing the issue more efficient than going through and deleting/re-enabling 40+ mods.

Attached Files:

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

1. Update to the latest version. 1.2.3b.
    2delete the world file if the planet you just beamed to.

3. Trek47

Trek47 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That worked just fine! Thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.