1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded Starbound Serenity [24/7] [mods] [roleplay]

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by InF165, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Meadow3

Meadow3 Yeah, You!

Great server. Been playing since april 2016.

If you like starbound roleplay mixed with in-depth dice mechanic gameplay similar to what you would find in a table top RPG, than this is the server for you.

This has been my favourite server on starbound after trying several other top servers.I have had tense and emotional roleplay here which is some of the best i have ever had. Friendly community and staff that are willing to help at the drop of a hat. I have made a load of friends here and it feels almost like a home to me.

2. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Junk Chase! Returning Asteroid Salvage Field! 03/15/2017 3pm PST Sunday -> LINK HERE

Asteroid Salvage Field
    [​IMG][/B][/QUOTE]

Come join us for a night of Firefly/Starbound crossover Via good old d20 table top! Newplayers welcome! Please note your character application must be approved and your sheet ready before the event if you wish to join. If you are having troubles with your application or sheet please ask one of our helpers in our Teamspeak!

3. SteeleSyrenSongs

SteeleSyrenSongs Void-Bound Voyager

Whoa there's an event happeneing soon? Masamune's going!

4. GoldenstarArtist

Yes! alot of people are signing up for it! I can't wait myself!

5. GoldenstarArtist

Wooaaah another event?!

[​IMG]

Rumble in the jungle! 03/18/2017 3:30pm PST Saturday ->

At the time of the event, a distress beacon, requesting aid for a crashed ship dealing with hostile natives, would go off on a sparsely populated, tropical world. Will you answer the call?

Come join us for a night of Firefly/Starbound crossover Via good old d20 table top! Newplayers welcome! Please note your character application must be approved and your sheet ready before the event if you wish to join. If you are having troubles with your application or sheet please ask one of our helpers in our Teamspeak!

>>>>For information About the event click here:
    http://www.starboundserenity.com/forum/m/19105802/viewthread/29804065-31817-rumble-in-jungle/page/1

>>>>To see our Community Click here:
    http://www.starboundserenity.com/home

>>>>And to submit a character click here:
    http://www.starboundserenity.com/login/do/register

6. Flying Turtle

Flying Turtle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Arc-Ending Event: The Hephaestus Interdiction

[​IMG]

Date: 5/13 and 5/14, starting ~4pm PST each day.

A day prior to event start time, a message will go out:

"The USCM has intercepted transmissions that would suggest an imminent threat to the Hephaetus mining colonies. The USCM will be mobilizing forces to combat the assault, but additional mercenary assistance is requested. The USCM is issuing a formal request for mercenary aid in this operation and will pay according to contract upon successful defense of the system. Please come prepared to deal with a variety of threats and potential OOA situations in a worst-case scenario.

Mercenaries will be operating under the command of Ensign Marlin, and any disorderly conduct during the mission will be punished. Failure to obey orders will result in a blacklisting from all future USCM mercenary contracts. Please contact the USCM ASAP with documentation if you will take this contract."

>>>>For information About the event click here:
    http://www.starboundserenity.com/forum/m/19105802/viewthread/29804065-31817-rumble-in-jungle/page/1

>>>>To see our Community Click here:
    http://www.starboundserenity.com/home

>>>>And to submit a character click here:
    http://www.starboundserenity.com/login/do/register

7. MadMulligan

MadMulligan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am interested in joining. Do you need to join before getting the modpack, or is it available on this site or via Steam? Are there known conflicts with other mods? I would like to keep my other mods installed for use in single player if possible, but am willing to uninstall them if necessary.

8. InF165

InF165 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Modpack would be available on our site once your app is accepted. For server stability we do require a new character file to be used, and most other mods to be disabled, however keeping your other mods for single player would be simple.

You could keep your steam game as it is and make a copy of your starbound folder with its own mods folder for use on the serenity server.

9. MadMulligan

Thanks for your response! Would that simply involve copying the Starbound folder under steamapps to be under the program files? Forgive my ignorance, I am just not quite sure how to do that. Thanks!

10. InF165

Yup. You make a copy on your desktop of the starbound folder. Once approved someone would be able to show you how to install the modpack you would then have access to.

You can launch without going through steam from the copied folder by finding the starbound.exe application in the folder for your operating system (win32, win64, etc). Meanwhile your steam copy would be just how you left it for single player or other server use.

11. MadMulligan

Thank you very much! I tried it, and it worked successfully. My application should be sent later today. One last thing, does anything need to be cleared under the storage folder, like the starbound.log file, starbound text file, or any of the files in the universe folder in order to avoid conflicts with mods that were installed for the original copy, but are not installed in this copy? I have already deleted the characters from the original copy inside of the game so this version does not have any characters yet.

12. InF165

Nothing needs to be cleared to work on the server which has its own universe files. You can delete yours if you want to free up disk space though. Depending on how much you've explored in single player it can get to be a few gbs

13. Flying Turtle

Updated to 1.3

14. worldshaper1

worldshaper1 Void-Bound Voyager

Server is great, been here for a year and I have always enjoyed it.

15. Flying Turtle

Now is as great a time as ever to hop in, we've got a ton of RP events planned in the coming weeks!

16. InF165

Serenity Sights:
    A new colony has opened in Serenity: Dawn's Reach. Inspired by Sunless Sea, the colony is populated by Avians and Hylotl who have regressed technologically to a steampunk era of living. Novakid visitors must disguise their glow, or risk being 'confiscated' and hoarded as contraband in the light-starved environment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The colony is one of the few safe places on the planet, and the seas surrounding Dawn's Reach are some of the most dangerous areas in Serenity's RP universe, but also home to some of the grandest adventure.

If you want to explore it in person, send a character application today: https://www.starboundserenity.com/recruitment

17. Flying Turtle

We've got events planned most, if not every weekend. Come check it out you've ever been interested in Tabletop RP.

18. Flying Turtle

A mystery graces the 'verse. An ancient archive opens, looking for champions among the space-fairing races. Come make your character today and see if they have what it takes to make it.

[​IMG]

Rather concerningly, a cryptic text post seems to be inserting itself randomly into the Cortex: A corrupted news article here, a ruined recipe for cookies there, even the occasional pop-up ad gets replaced with this message. It's pointless to try and trace the origin, it seems to be everywhere, inserted like it was always there, left without a trace. The only thing to follow is the sudden outburst of Cortex chatter about this message and what it means. It seems to be found in a plethora of languages, including some ones you've never seen before.

The Archive opens.

The Archive seeks six representatives of this era.

The Archive seeks prime examples of the following traits among you:

[rule]
    Dominance: A wielder of mystery, a master of the self, you have dominion over something few others do.

Innovation: Masterful, a mastermind of sorts, you create and learn, not for profit, but for curiosity and for the betterment of the era.

Force: A force of nature, your strength and constitution sets you above the rest, and you utilized your power to rise above the rabble.

Purity: Defiant of galactic propensity towards violence, you who achieved great change in the galaxy without ever taking a life.

Malignity: For every force of right and good, there is a counterbalance, an entropic darkness that gnaws at society. You are an exceptional agent of the malign, unrepentant.

Artifice: Not born of natural causes, whether in spirit or in body. You are not like your kin, or you may have no kin, no equal, and you revel in it, it does not hinder you in your greatness.
    [rule]

Join your progenitors.

The Archive will reveal itself shortly.

Bring me the greatest among you.

I cannot wait to meet you.

What does this mean?
    >What does it mean to you?

What are the qualifications?
    >Greatness.

What do I do?
    >Find the greatest among you.

I hate you.
    >Same.

Date TBA
    No Sign-Ups yet, listen to the post.

19. HawKHounD

HawKHounD Space Hobo

Hello I would like to join your roleplay :)

20. GoldenstarArtist

Event this Thursday 10/24/19

Hunter and Garbs

A recent development in some cortex forums is spreading. A Wise Colony is opening a festivity for public participation called the 'Hunter and Garbs' to attend. A cultural celebration centered around the advancement of mind and body by nature.

For those intending to be active participants, they can see what is expected of them during the festival. Being one means you'll be expected to hunt one of the local planetary beasts solo at least and with your own ingenuity craft its remains into lovely attire and food. Such participants being judged on what they can hunt alongside how well they can use its remains in fashion and culinary expertise. Non-Floran participants, of course, coming in labeled as underdogs.

Creativity is rewarded in this event.

For more information Click here:
    https://www.starboundserenity.com/f...hunter-garbs-mediumcore-102419-7pm-est/page/1