RELEASED Elle's Critter Replacements [Updated 3/12/18 for Content Patcher]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by junimods, May 13, 2017.

1. junimods

junimods Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

-Updated March 12th, 2018 for Content Patcher-

Include an option to replace critters, butterflies, or both! This allows you to use another CP pack that replaces butterflies or critters.

Download and instructions are now on Nexus!

If you would like to have my squirrel in your coops as well, @eemie has made a rabbit replacement with it here!

Please do not upload edits without my consent! If you would like to base a mod off of my work or otherwise create something together, you can always contact me here or on my tumblr.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
      Issie, mari3000, Constance and 37 others like this.
    • Little Lea

Little Lea Big Damn Hero

Very lovely mod. c:

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow, these are beautiful!!! I especially love the Owl, as they're my favorite animals.

• imperatorfuriosa

imperatorfuriosa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These are amazing!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

These are absolutely adorable. Already reblogged them on Tumblr to help spread the word.
            I really like how you make some of the sprites bigger but made the woodpecker smaller, 'cause they're such tiny birds. :)

I was already using these butterflies, what am I supposed to do now? xD
            Not really feeling the red birds though, I wish they were pigeons instead 'cause I live surrounded by pigeons lol.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
              Tinybillow likes this.
            • junimods

Thanks everyone!! <3

@Minakie Well, you could always make your own pigeons. I chose wrens and cardinals because they're some of my favorite birds that hang out in my yard/feeders. They also look good in autumn (which is the only season they appear, every other season is the other bird). As for the butterflies, you can always pick and choose what you want to put in your tilesheets. :)

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I already pixeled a pigeon once, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to make one at such a tiny scale. Sometimes I wish Stardew Valley sprites were at least as big as the ones for the RPG makers. I might give it a go eventually though, just to see how it goes.

• suuyiii

suuyiii Big Damn Hero

These are so lovely! Your mods never cease to amaze me <3

• お茶Mi's

お茶Mi's Big Damn Hero

These are amazing, your pixel art skill are sooo good~!!

• bi-chan

bi-chan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How is it that someone can make something so awesome!? O-o You are really good!!!
                      Teach me sempai! ~

• Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello, I also want to use other butterflies and I like the second default bird. But I also love your new animals Textures a lot. Is there a possibility to have your animals without Bird 2 and the Butterflies, please?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
                        • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Flumme If you want to mix and match the critters, you will need to extract the Critters.xnb and edit it yourself. Here is a guide on how to get started.

Flumme likes this.
                          • Flumme

I have done it ... somehow. :catface: I mixed this wonderful mod here with the butterflies from Mia&Eemie. And I also changed the red bird back to the blue default bird. :) Until now I have seen the butterflies, the grey bunny, sparrows, seagulls ingame. They seem to be ok. I'm still looking for the blue bird.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Flumme The blue bird only appears in Fall. If you want to test and see if they appear correctly, you can use SMAPI commands on a test file to alter the season to Fall. But if everything else is appearing okay, then the bird should as well, too.

Glad to know you made it through the xnb experience! :)

Edit: I saw your other thread and wanted to let you know something. All of the art in Stardew Valley is based on a 16x16 pixel grid. If you use Photoshop, there's an option in the View menu to show a grid, and you can edit its parameters in your Preferences options. This will help you to keep any edits you make stay within the game's art borders so that they don't end up getting cut off or have messed up appearances in the game.

If you don't use Photoshop, you can likely find a 16x16 pixel grid template online if you search for it and use that as a guide in whatever art program you do use. Hope that helps!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
                                Flumme likes this.
                              • Flumme

Ok, thanks a lot. :) *Hug* :)

• Savannah94

Savannah94 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for sharing these.
                                  They're just adorable~!
                                  <3

• pixieNpixels

pixieNpixels Subatomic Cosmonaut

Gonna try these out. They look gorgeous from these images. A little bit on the fence about the butterflies. I just like the vanilla so much. Took the in game gifs to convince me on the download so tyvm for including that link. :)

• Taweret

Taweret Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm really loving your little critters! My only complaint is that the cardinal diverges a bit too much from the original, given that the original bird is blue. Otherwise they're adorable and fit in so well!

• junimods

Well, they aren't meant to be straight up remakes of the vanilla ones, though many of them are. The birds are just birds that frequent my own home irl, and the red cardinals kind of suit the autumn season. :) But thank you! As said above, you can edit your own critters.xnb file to mix and match critters you'd prefer.

And thank you everyone! <3

• Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

All I'm going to say is CustomCritter is awesome and needs more critters!