Rescued NPCs

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Yavor, May 22, 2017.

1. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Hello,
    Please make the NPCs, which we gather in the colony through quests, respawnable after death! The rescued NPCs could be tied to the colony deed of the NPC, which gave us the quest to save them, and if there is a wipe in the colony, they may heal and respawn there, just like all our regular NPCs.
    Wish you the Best of luck in the making of the 1.3 Update!

Regards!

2. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

What if their "removal" is desired?
    If this were implemented, would the NPCs also pay rents?

3. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Rent would remain the same (for a single NPC) as it is bound to one, single Colony Deed. If their removal is desired, the player could simply remove the Colony Deed and lose both the colonist and his undesired friend. However I don't think that their removal would be an issue. If you do not respect your colonists enough to keep their friends intact, then I guess you do not need the colonists themselves, and you can just simply replace them.
    I believe that this is would be moddable in a simple way, but I myself can't code at all, so I need your help, Community!

Have a great day!

4. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Um, are there rescue missions that come from npcs you bring in via colony deed? I have not run into this. I've only had that from npcs naturally in the world without a colony deed.

5. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Yes, there are. A lot of NPCs can come into your colony, even if it started with one house and one tennant. Sadly when the non-colony deed NPCs die, they do not respawn. I wish this was changed.

6. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I have honestly never had this mission from colony deed npcs. Are you using mods?

7. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

They're from the base game. Those quests are usually along the lines of "My date/coousin/whatever X was coming along so we could Y. I think [he may be lost/I think those (Insert hostile NPC group here) may be involved in this] in (place). Please bring them to me".