Spooky Weird Dreamz Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KookyKeronian, Feb 22, 2015.

?

What kind of dreams do you have more frequently?

1. Dreams

48.4%
  2. Nightmares

17.2%
  3. Lucid Dreams

17.2%
  4. I never dream!

17.2%
  1. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I used to have those types of nightmares often. They scared me, but I had sort of gotten used to it eventually. I was more weirded out than anything. But then those nightmares shifted from being chased by baddies to having someone being held captive by them. The worst nightmare I can recall was one where our car was ambushed and shot up by criminals and my father was taken as hostage by them. I still remember how I desperately tried to reason with them to let him go. I woke up shivering and couldn't sleep again.

2. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe I'll sound weird, but I kinda like nightmares. But it depends on the 'theme'. If I have a dream, where someone chasing me with chainsaw or hunting rifle, or when I see my dog dying, then I can s**t my undepants -metaphoricaly-. But if I have a dream about unrecognizable animal, bar tricks converted into 'real' magic, or talk with someone about nonsense, I can use them somehow (if I saw and remember them).
    I'm just wondering, why do people have nightmares. I know they are messages of some sort from our subconscious, showing us our fears or worries, but still...

LOL BALL likes this.
  3. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

I see nightmares as subliminal messages or warnings, and I take some of them as inspiration.

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  4. harvie89

harvie89 Void-Bound Voyager

I did try dreaming of Jesus' dismembered corpse inside a cabinet and Mama Mary almost fully covered with bandages on a medical bed. All of them are inside a creepy stone room. Although I was running away from something, but I investigated the room instead.

5. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I dreamed that the Starbound arcade machine was at an arcade. You could choose which race to play as, but the game was a side-scrolling shooter with spaceships. It played like Asteroids, having multidirectional aiming and flying, yet it was a rail shooter. Enemies would come on screen, and you would have to shoot them and blow up their ships. Each race had their own perks and weapons. You got three lives as three ships, each one increasing in size, defense and firepower.

That said, this would make a good idea if anyone actually wants to code for the arcade machines.

theflamingchuthulu likes this.
  6. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Dreamed that I killed a man because he left my mom 6 months after I was born (that didn't happen in real life), which made a group of mercenaries think that I was the Wanted: Dead or Alive guy they were after for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I wasn't though, I was just some dude. Then for some reason I went to the gym / basketball court of some high school I had never seen (I was with my real life dad on a short trip to this town for some reason but he just slept all day), but it was at night so nobody was there. The mercenaries followed me, but I was hidden, and took them out one by one, ninja style. Then the high school had a musical in the middle of the night, right there in the gym. It was actually really good, it was just 5 students but they had huge holograms, and smoke, and a laser light show. I think they may have been playing some weird remix of Take On Me. When it was over, one little student had forgotten to hang a piece of paper cut to look like a key on the wall with everybody else's, so he didn't get credit and ended the semester with a B instead of an A.

The next day, nothing from the previous dream existed except for the high school, which was now the setting for a crossover series between all child-aged cartoon characters. Invader Zim, Jimmy Neutron, lots of ones I had never seen... There was some sort of weird fusion of what looked like Brak and a blaziken but it had a skull for a face. Also there was some little girl with weird fin-like pointy ears and blonde hair, but a pink short-cut ponytail. If anybody sees that one on TV, you know where they got it from!

BigEaredKittens likes this.
  7. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Maybe I already talk about it, but sometimes I have a dream where I'm in a white hallway with many closed doors, and I'm running from hallways to always, down the stairs and the elevators in order to discover more forbiden places until someone caught me there. The last time it was in a SCP facility, but every time it's the same action, running without opening any of the doors, hoping for more interesting doors but never find them. In fact all the doors are interesting but every new sector is even more forbiden so even more interesting..
    Maybe the doors are people I can possibly encounter ? Anyway, this dream is haunting me for this reason.X3

LOL BALL and I_am_the_Storm like this.
  8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, recently, I've dreamed about what seemed to be a crossbred of a girl that I hate and Trump sitting on a nuclear missile while it was launched

Hm. .-.

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  9. LOL BALL

Reminds me of some reocurring dreams I have where, (sometimes it involves us moving to a new house) the basement of the house will always have some kind of door that leads to an even deeper basement. In some cases, it doesn't seem to end and gets a bit creepier the deeper you go. Most of the time, the lighting in each basement room is very dim with white walls and a grey carpet, though it's not always like that. Sometimes rooms could end up being, say, a maze-like room with foam walls in the maze.

10. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Have you ever found a room with cute cardboard cutouts that pop out of the walls?

theflamingchuthulu and LOL BALL like this.
  11. LOL BALL

I almost didn't get that reference for a second. I remember that game, hehe.

12. Biirdy Daysleeper

The dream is back again, but it was once again really different.
    There was no stairs or elevators, everything was on the same level. I read on internet that the difference of light can be important, but some passage-way were dark and just after that really bright, so it was really located and not just all dark or all bright. It was represented as a kind of weird mix between GTA V serial killer game and... SCP-87B. O-O"
    So, I had a flashlight and a shotgun, wandering around the corridors with closed doors, the doors were white like the hallways, but sometimes they were some brick parts. The objective was to find the exit/end (?) but surviving to SCP-87B instances, but since there was many hallways cutting the original path it was easy to get surprised, but since there was other humans we had to get careful, the shotgun was supposed to kill the SCP-87B afterall.X3 The shotghun had infinite ammo and an optionnal double barrel, so we had to reload carefully in order to avoid getting attacked while reloading, because it was a 6 bullet loader.

13. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

maybe you're just in a Scooby Doo hallway gag where everyone is supposed to run into one door and appear out of another

Biirdy Daysleeper likes this.
  14. Biirdy Daysleeper

Hahaha ! x'3

Actually the weird thing is that no one even me tried to open any doors, but what if the exit was behind a door ? The thing is that I always ignore the doors in these dreams, while they're supposed to be options in life. :confused:

15. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

There's a man in my dreams that is a reocurring character and have been ever since I was little.

In my dreams he's supposed ot be my "father". Nothing like my real life father, but instead a cruel, neglectful man who looks nothing like my real father.

In my dreams my real father was only a friend of my mother and not my biological father like he is in real life.

Every dream I have with this "fake father" is one where he berates me, does something to hurt me, or straight up abandons me at the slightest whim. The first dream I remember having with this character in was when I was little. Him and I, along with my brothers and mother, went to a zoo and checked out the alligator exhibit while there. My Fake Father never wanted children and only married my mother because he liked her body. He hated me the most. While I was looking at the animals, this Fake Father picked me up and threw me into the exhibit. The alligators weren't as interested in chomping my little body as he'd hoped, so my eldest teen brother had enough time to climb into the exhibit and drag me out to saftey.

They yelled at the Fake Father, he ignored them and continued looknig at me with a death stare. After that event, we all went back home.

These days, my real father is married to my mother in my dreams, they're living out their elderly years together in a house which I occasionally live at and provide asistance.

The last conversation/arguement I had with this Fake Father was in a dream I had a year or two ago, wherein he told me that I was, "the worst thing that's ever happened to him", and that I'll ,"never be anything compared to him". He deliberately confronted me to say this during a reunion on his side of the family.
    Like, I seriously made him insecure about himself to the point where he built up his muscles over the years to appear big. It probably didn't help that he genuinely hated women, because the culture he came from was strictly matriarchal, wherein men are hidden in the house to do chores and cooking and raising the children, while the woman works and makes the money. My Fake Father hated this, and in a sense "betryed the laws of his people". Last thing he ever did was attacking me, trying to strangle me to death at this family reunion, in front of all his relatives.
    It felt like less than a minute before his aunts and mother noticed and dragged him off into a backroom where I could hear him being stabbed to death quite viciously, while one of my aunts talked to me and essentially brushed off the whole situation. This Fake Father was a nobody to them, completely irrelevant and worthless. His death was quickly forgotten among the family.

Very strange thing.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  16. Iaeyan Elyuex

Freud would say you hate your mother. But then again, that was his answer to a lot of stuff.

In my dreams, there are always these long, dimly-lit brick hallways. They always lead somewhere totally different from where I currently am. I've also seen small crevices in places, and when I go into them, I'm in a dusty, "backstage"-type area. I call these features "back passages", and I try to avoid them, usually.

BigEaredKittens likes this.
  17. Tlactl

That one's easy. You are probably dreaming of being in a temple. Your mind is just subconsciously telling you not to join the Stargazers.

18. Iaeyan Elyuex

Except the bricks are the red clay ones, or sometimes cinderblocks. I'm also usually in a mall or a school.

They convinced my parents and cousin to jump. I hate them. Why would I join them?

19. Tlactl

I dont like the Stargazers or the concept of the protectorate

20. Biirdy Daysleeper

Lately I was playing Black Mesa and I actually love the cooling part of the Lambda sector, so I had a dream where I was in a SCP site (yeah once again) with the average SCPs like SCP-106 that I was unable to recontain properly (for those who don't see which one is it please be aware that he is scary). Sooo many things happen, like the average breach stuff that happen in the foundation but it was not that scary, it even ended up with a tickling battle with one of my friend (it's probably because I always said that she is weird as a SCP). /o/

LOL BALL likes this.