1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Nostalgic Greenery 1.3-1.02

Everything that's lush, and a little occult stuff too >.>

1. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

2. Charlatan

Charlatan updated Nostalgic Greenery with a new update entry:

[Patch Update]

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Charlatan

4. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

can I delete that old folder or its necessary?

5. Charlatan

the "OLD" folder is not necessary if you only started using my mod recently.

I guess I neglected explaining what it exactly is: There are some objects in the game which cannot be changed/patched without causing problems. To be sure there are no bugs for you, I keep the old versions of these objects in the _OLD folder.
    When you take an outdated object down, and place it again, it will drop the new version. The same goes for any object that shows a red exclamation mark ! - place it, take it down again with your M.M. and it will be the new one.

If you remove the _OLD folder, you should be sure all objects are up to date. It's not really a problem my mod causes - but the game, especially if it is an object with a walk-able surface (platform) has bugs if you suddenly remove a modded object.

6. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

yeah i just installed it on 1.3 and wanted to know if its duplicate or something

7. Charlatan

8. Charlatan

For those getting too many spare plants/rocks lying around - I'm working on a new, small-sized workbench allowing you to harvest/break these objects from my mod back into the ingredients.

Preferably, I will also make it a portable container for the most common mats used (plant matter, petals, etc) which keeps the materials stored inside when you pick it up into your inventory - allowing to carry that box to your garden to make adjustments, instead of having to carry a lot of materials.

9. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I love how low your version number is after... 44 updates :mwahaha:

And as always I love the mod itself.

10. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Where/how do I acquire the 20 grass seeds + 20 flowery grass seeds to build the starting table for this mod?

I've already tried using my Matter Manipulator on grassy ground, and on the flowery grass that appears in cemeteries. I'm playing the Frackin' Universe version, in normal gaming mode.

Charlatan likes this.
  11. Charlatan

You can buy them from Terramart at the Outpost, AngleWyrm :up:

@Everyone
    Sorry for the low amount of updates recently, been busy, the mod will get more I assure you :>

AngleWyrm likes this.
  12. alecsander

alecsander Subatomic Cosmonaut

hey Charlatan, when and if you go to make the floramorph that's in your planned features list you should look at farming revitalized, since that mod already has tonnes of familiar crops

13. Charlatan

Thanks for the heads-up Alecsander! I'll try to keep things diverse :>

Update on the Floromorph in general:

The basic machine almost completely works as intended - recipes are unknown at first, once a "new" plant is crafted, it appears in a recipe list in the new crafting window, showing what ingredients are required, AND saving this recipe with the machine so that you don't have to look it up anymore.

Example:

> In the Image below the trademark recipe I always used here is being made: Avesmingo + Chili = Bell Pepper.
    > The Blue Boxes work as a crafting timer instead of the default black screen that fades over the Icon
    > This is the first time it is crafted, thus crafting time takes quite a little while
    > Once finished, it appears in the list to the left (third entry from above), shows the 2 required seeds, and future splicing of new seeds is much faster
    > The known recipes are not saved with the player (I won't touch any ships or players with any scripts, ever.) Instead, they save with the Machine - if you pick it up and set it up again, the data is stored in it's inventory item.
    > The UI and the machine should be one of the first where both the machine and UI are fully animated depending on crafting stage / duration.

Outstanding Issues:

=> It'd be lame if it shipped with just a handful of crops at first, gonna aim for a few more.
    => Still need to figure out just how much crafting time is acceptably long without being tedious (atm first-time craft is 20s, follow-up crafts planned to become 1s)
    => Still need to figure out if people even want to experiment with crops or just add a manual to unlock the recipes from the start.
    => *preferably* (but its not a priority) tie it to a small mission.
    => Error testing and some missing script and sprites.

[​IMG]

14. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

Issue here. Placeable drinks shouldn't have the ugly black border around them. Please fix it?

15. Charlatan

That was done long ago oO When did this issue come back for you exactly?
    For me the border is gone for both the Vanilla and FU version, I will check if maybe Steam Workshop lagged out again, happened before!

16. Charlatan

For those checking updates here instead of Steam - unlucky streak continues for now, injured arm & unable to draw for a month - twice in a row.
    I'll see when to get rid of this splint and try to bring some new stuff in for XMAS though :>

17. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

What do they say for good luck? Break a leg... instead of your arm :p

Charlatan likes this.
  18. Charlatan

Let's hope lady luck does not believe in "three time's a charm!"

19. 777Dan777

777Dan777 Cosmic Narwhal

I wonder how this mod is doing behind the scenes.

20. Charlatan

You mean whether I still work on it and update it with more content? Yes, progress is simply being very slow atm since I got other things on my hands atm.

EDIT:

Actually, Spring being about to come seems a good time to add more stuff again, I just took the time to fix (most) remaining issues with the Floromorph and hope to get you more decos and the farmable/cooking additions before summer ;)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    KateisLost and bk3k like this.