Building/Ship Want feedback on my WIP Underground city Elysia

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Gunther_the_Apex, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Gunther_the_Apex

Gunther_the_Apex Phantasmal Quasar

I used a placeable ship mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=792342404. What did you think of the city, I'm always looking for feedback to improve it.

2. RobedRebel

RobedRebel Void-Bound Voyager

I watched the video on FireSpark's Channel and soon after realized it was this city. The armor layout was great and I love the outpost with the ships in it. I also thought it was quite cool that each race had their own area in the city, but I was not sure if you have a "shopping area", or a large kitchen/foodcourt. If not I would love to see those in the future!

3. Gunther_the_Apex

there are no completely independent food courts/shopping areas, the Main Sector to the right of the museum has its racial shops, and each racial sector has one section block with 4 shops and 4 food cooks, I do have an idea for a Mall that would be made in the space between sectors but I don't know where I would put it yet

4. Gunther_the_Apex

Update: 2 New section blocks in the Glitch Sector, a food vender section and another apartment section, Surface Outpost/Landing pad has been updated to include new mech facilities and the 2-stop teleporter has been added to allow random outpost npc spawning, and as a result I have also removed most of the turrets that would target the outpost npc's, Clean-up update: I have remover many of the extra turrets that line the surface of Elysia in order to improve the aesthetic of the surface builds, however only the image for the outpost has been updated the rest will probably be added when I next post a full map image.
    Elysia (2).jpg Elysia (3).jpg

5. Gunther_the_Apex

Update: Small update this week, very busy, Glitch Sector [Teleporter Pad finished]
    Elysia (2).jpg

6. Gunther_the_Apex

Update: Glitch Sector 2 new Blocks [Glitch Royal Home/Castle] w/ small secret treasury & [Glitch Dungeons] w/ Treasure Room. Please like always I love feedback [Bonus Image with Circuits] & The last 3 sector Blocks [Barons Apartment, Luxury Glitch Apartments, and Glitch Barracks]
    Elysia (3).jpg
    20170708210708_1.jpg

7. SuperG03

SuperG03 Space Hobo

How to download the map and player
    plz tell me

8. Gunther_the_Apex

Update:Glitch Sector 2 new blocks [The Barons House/Keep? (he is an odd duck after all) & a Glitch Barracks] one last block to go for this sector, then I will start on the next, [If anyone has an idea on what sector I should begin next let me know I might prioritize that next i.e. Avian Sector, Novakid Sector, Unique Tenants Sector, The Deep Layer, etc.] Also I've received several request to download the map, I am concidering post a link and will most likely decide within the next two weeks once I've chosen my method of transfering the map, if anyone has an opinion let me know and please anyone who reads this rate and review please
    Elysia (4).jpg

9. IxFa

IxFa Pangalactic Porcupine

It's just too large and uniform for me

10. Reyghel

Reyghel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

O my god, but what have you become a man? It is amazing what you have created. Something like that I would like to create my own. I have just started with my second game in the game, I have not known the game for a long time. What it was and what it is. Now a friend lends it to me. I would love to create a base like the one you created yourself. In this second game I have added some mods.

Gunther_the_Apex likes this.
  11. Gunther_the_Apex

Currently yes but the spaces will be filled in with varying racial sectors to provide a sense of cohesion, right now I am simply building primary sectors that's why if you look the hallways on each level in the racial sectors look like they could be branched out.

12. Gunther_the_Apex

thank you if your interested in large scale construction I recommend the [WEdit - World Edit Mod] & [Spawnable Items Mod]

Reyghel likes this.
  13. FXgirAA

FXgirAA Big Damn Hero

When will this map be available for download?

14. Gunther_the_Apex

like I said in my last map Update within the next 1 or 2 weeks I'm trying to decide If I'm going to have the universe as a link or make it so you have to replace the map data on a planet you already have so that you can download it into your own universe, that and I have to compile a list of mod required for a few of the sectors and why some areas drop all their items upon pasting the file.doc

15. Gunther_the_Apex

Update: So with this week I actually got a lot done the Glitch sector has been completed and I've begun construction on the Service Level of Elysia including the main service shaft a primary teleporter and the beginnings of the Air Factory. However I have not managed to piece together the Service Level so the uploaded images will only be disconnected screenshots. Please Like and Review. and hopefully a test download file will be included with next weeks update. Elysia (5).jpg 20170723231340_1.jpg 20170723231412_1.jpg 20170723231443_1.jpg

16. Gunther_the_Apex

Update: [Service Level: Sewers] I've made a lot of progress with the Sewers for Elysia however it will come out in bits and pieces due to it's large size and potentially hidden areas up in the main city areas. And more importantly this update includes a link to a google drive file for the planet city Elysia [I hope it works] to install you must take the file and replace the data with the data from a planet already in your universe file [an unimportant one hopefully] because I am not currently giving the entire universe file, this is the first test so please be aware that I'm not sure how well this will work, so please send feedback on problems, right now there are only 3 current issues [That I'm aware of] I either don't know or need to fix for the next update for the city [which will come when I complete sectors not just minor updates] and they are, that there are many fluorescent lights that need to still be righted since the last update messed them up, 2 I don't know if the protectorate blocks will properly spawn even if you have the same mod active this is the same for the XS mechs and explorer pod mods, and 3 that the library beneath the Player Manor sometimes doesn't spawn the bookshelves. [p.s. edit if lag becomes to much to hand save and reload it takes care of some of the problem] [Please Feedback as it may help me figure out problems] Elysia (3).jpg Elysia (4).jpg
    Elysia (2).jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxtMnapdMqwTmltOTY4VWVzamc

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  17. Gunther_the_Apex

I apologize but there is no update for this week, been to stressed from work to focus on designing

18. Gunther_the_Apex

Update will be late this week due to computer wierdness

19. naprettor

naprettor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

20. Gunther_the_Apex

I'm afraid that's unavoidable, the memory cache fills up quick is my theory, the only way to somewhat avoid that is to save & quit and then go back into the game