1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Super /sbg/ Race Mod 0.17

Eight (possibly more) exotic alien races from the depths of the Internet to spice up your galaxy!

1. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

@Wall of Knowledge
    Depends the outfit. I generally go for the armless variety myself, and legs that end at the knee or about. Gotta love that avian clothing. well, before it was made all square (See my mod to fix that!)

As for the race, nice, and makes sense! In most literature, harpies are female-only, and use males of other races to procreate.

2. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome. Cutebound does an amusing job with changing Avians into harpies (and the other changes look good too, yes), but these were the ones I was waiting to see. Nice to know they still exist after all.

I'll probably give harpy crewmembers a fitting outfit using that "nonuniform" mod.

Wall of Knowledge likes this.
  3. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Holy shit thank you for letting me know this exists, I've been waiting for it forever.

4. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

yo, Patchy! It looks like the game's had some patching done on it, and now it seems that you'll have to patch some patches onto your mod to keep up.

Also, XelSlime, can I see that nonuniform mod?

(Oh! One last thing: would you mind getting together with this guy to create a compatibility patch? Reisen's gonna have to be shelved here until I can get my Starbound to run again.)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  5. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

*goes to search bar on main mods page, types "uniform", selects second result*

here ya go! http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/nonuniform.4289/

Wall of Knowledge likes this.
  6. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Pretty cool mod you guys have got going here, can't believe I didn't download it until now.
    Question: What are the names of the upcoming races that were teased? I only know them as "the short ones" and "the striped ones". (Though it sounds like harpies will be coming first?) Also, are these new races out and about in the world or are they only spawned in to player-made settlements right now?

7. Hieru.chan

Hieru.chan Void-Bound Voyager

You could ask someone else to upload it on steam in your stead by the way

8. Wall of Knowledge

Yeah, eventually. I plan on throwing it up there after I get around to actually updating the mod, but when I haven't been busy I've been slacking off.
    Also, don't double-post, you can edit your posts.

The striped ones are the Marli, and they have a thread on the Suggestions forum if you want to learn more about them.
    Yes, harpies will be first, because harpies (the other race only has a working name atm).

I'm also developing an understanding of how github works tangentially to the Java course I'm taking, so it may be up there as well at some point for easier collaboration.

Lindazana likes this.
  9. Hieru.chan

Hieru.chan Void-Bound Voyager

I have actually deleted the previous post as soon as i found my answer on page 6 here. I can't even see that post that's why i wrote a new one.

10. Hekete

Hekete Subatomic Cosmonaut

I show someone did harpys for starbound , has that been added in yet Oo nice lamia too

11. Datboi23

Datboi23 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi i really like this mod but i was playing golgian race up till end game and the addons don't add armor? Is there not end tier armor for golgian race?

12. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't think *any* of the races have much in the way of armor.

13. SilvieSkydancer

SilvieSkydancer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Psst! Just dropping in to mention that this mod should probably be updated to be compatible with 1.3's mech updates. My Beldehor is unable to use mechs right now, as the game can't load the mech deploy animation and throws an error, before booting back to the title screen. According to my friend Kaliedo, this also applies to other races in this mod (Lunarians specifically is what he mentioned).

14. Toa_Derax

Might be able to ask the person who made pretty much every race on the Workshop compatable with 1.3 to add these races to the list of mods fixed, although I doubt they would.

15. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

From a very helpful chap in the modding forums, there's a solution for this. Credits to Chofranc

http://community.playstarbound.com/...3-race-mod-compatibility.133845/#post-3174826

This should work for any races that were compatable up to the mech update.

16. Wall of Knowledge

-None of the races have much in the way of armor yet, because armor spriting is a pain in the ass
    -I plan on updating Soon for the 1.3 compatibility (thanks for letting me know specifically which things need patched), but I'd feel rotten pushing out a patch with no content update. The harpies, at least, should be working normally, but I need to check over the marli stuff
    -Help wanted spriting C O N T E N T because art assets have been a huge bottleneck to getting anything done
    mod isn't dead, just trying to spread myself too thin on too many creative projects as usual
    woo summer classes
    also i need to finish building my skitarii

17. Engela

Engela Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Wall of Knowledge
    been following this mod for a while and i really like a lot of the races (especially the barometta!), so thanks for that haha.
    i did make some more barometta hairstyles for my own use a while back - if you'd like, i can send them over to you :0

i'm pretty new to spriting SB assets but i could help out if needed, so feel free to hmu about that ; 3 ;

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  18. Wall of Knowledge

That would be fantastic! Don't worry about being new to spriting: As I've told a few potential collaborators, the best place to start learning is to edit existing assets, and there's such a dearth of content at the moment I can find a use for just about anything you can make.
    Also, I'm currently in talks about setting up a Discord channel for the mod, so that might be a thing soon.

19. Engela

Engela Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ah, sweet! feel free to throw a link to that discord if/when that becomes a thing - i'll go and compile the sheep hair in the meantime haha

edit; i uploaded 'em to an imgur album here since i forgot uploading directly was a thing X_X
    [​IMG]

Wall of Knowledge and Toa_Derax like this.
  20. Toa_Derax

They look so boofy, for lack of a better term. Floof?