1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Custom Space Station Rooms - Freely Buildable Expansion Areas 1.3.1 for Starbound 1.3

Allows you to expand your space stations with freely buildable areas.

1. themrpiggy22

themrpiggy22 Pangalactic Porcupine

themrpiggy22 submitted a new mod:

Custom Space Station Rooms - Freely Buildable Expansion Areas - Allows you to expand your space stations with freely buildable areas.

Read more about this mod...

gto288 likes this.
  2. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. I predict this mod will be a huge hit.

themrpiggy22 likes this.
  3. Cirom

Cirom Cosmic Narwhal

Ni~ice! I can see myself using this one! Although, a question - would it be possible to add custom rooms with lower amounts of doors? (ie: custom horizontal corridor, custom vertical corridor, custom T-junction, etc)

4. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

...for that matter, can we build outside of the doors, or should we stay inside of the rough shape of the initial box to prevent conflicts?

5. themrpiggy22

I am looking into adding other shapes, but was just holding off until I saw whether people wanted it or not. I will be probably be adding more shapes sometime in the next week so stay tuned.
    You actually cannot build outside the initial box as that has tile protection. I was testing having the box two blocks bigger on each side to include the doors but the modules overlap slightly which was causing issues with them connecting properly so I had to reduce the size unfortuntely.

6. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

Okay, so I have a question/suggestion...

Can you physically not build outside of the original area, or it's not recommended to build outside of the area? My suggestion would be to make horizontal and vertical corridors where one side is breakable and the other side is not. Call them trusses... this would allow you to remain roughly within the framework of existing stations, but would give you a sort of platform to build out from that doesn't have a connector on the side you're building from. When I was designing it in my head earlier, I envisioned it having a connector on either long end like a current corridor, one long wall the normal blue station wall, and the other as a red girder-type wall that you could build out from. The red girders just made sense to me in an ISS truss sort of way. This would give people the freedom to build out, but you could also continue to build conventional modules as well. You could position these on the outer rim of your station to mount things to or pop holes in to expand free-form style. Does that make sense?

Just a thought, don't know how feasible it might be.

7. themrpiggy22

I have added corridors, which I will upload in a sec but not quite sure exactly what you mean for the truss idea. So limited in width, but you can build out infinitely out the top and bottom? Any areas outside modules have tile protection so I'm not sure how feasible that would be...

8. themrpiggy22

themrpiggy22 updated Custom Space Station Rooms - Freely Buildable Expansion Areas with a new update entry:

1.1 - Corridor/Shaft Modules and Reduced Prices

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. themrpiggy22

10. cpeosphoros

cpeosphoros Orbital Explorer

Didn't look at your code (yet), but coudn't you just build an "infinite" module? Or at least a very, very tall one?

11. themrpiggy22

I can't just make an infinite module as the station expansions have to be handmade, and are fixed at a certain size. I recommend trying my other mod (http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/disable-tile-protection-on-space-stations.4849/) which lets you disable tile protection on player stations completely and allows you to build what you want. Keep in mind though, that's still not infinite as the space station 'world' is still a limited size but it should be big enough for what you need.

12. themrpiggy22

cpeosphoros likes this.
  13. themrpiggy22

themrpiggy22 updated Custom Space Station Rooms - Freely Buildable Expansion Areas with a new update entry:

1.3 - Seamless Modules and Revised Prices

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. themrpiggy22