WIP [SMAPI] Consillium's Pet Enhancement Mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Consillium, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Consillium

Consillium Poptop Tamer

Interesting, thanks for the heads up! I'll look into this tomorrow after work and see if I can reproduce it.

Thanks for being so patient and helpful as I figure out these issues!

taintedwheat likes this.
    • Consillium

Consillium Poptop Tamer

Development Update: I'm currently working on adjusting the A* pathfinding to take into account all characters in the current map, which includes the player, pet, NPCs, and farm animals. I had an initial implementation done, but realized that the pathfinding wasn't taking into account the size of the character (cows and goats take up more than one tile for example). I'll update the thread and the original post once I've figured it out.

Rosalie and taintedwheat like this.
      • BurgerMB

BurgerMB Void-Bound Voyager

Great work! In the future, I think it would be really cool if there were few animals scattered around the village which you came tame. Each animal would have their own benefits (wolves help you clear our caves, yaks helps you carry more items, etc.). It's going to be a huge project, but I can definitely see this in the game!

• karamany

karamany Void-Bound Voyager

hello there! how do i apply this mod? i normally replce xnb files but i cant manage to make this work xD

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

This is awesome. You are awesome! Very well done, kudos to you!

• Consillium

Consillium Poptop Tamer

Hi All,

I'm still trying to find time to update the mod to fix issues when trying to navigate with farm animals around. I'm having a pretty hectic week schedule wise so bare with me :)

• BlankSlater

BlankSlater Space Penguin Leader

no worries man. take all the time you need. its not like you are being paid to do this.

• Tickles_McGee

Tickles_McGee Void-Bound Voyager

Holy heck man! This mod is great!

• Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Which SMAPI version do I need to use this mod? I'm using 1.4 and the mod didn't work

• Overdreams

Overdreams Void-Bound Voyager

This is stunning!
                      My pets never leave their areas, this gives so much more life to the farm.
                      I'm eagerly waiting for something. <3

• woodpest

woodpest Void-Bound Voyager

I really LOVE the idea of this mod! <3
                        ...but it can't seem to work :(

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

The mod developer hasn't been on since May 2016. It's reasonable to believe the mod has been abandoned.

• woodpest

woodpest Void-Bound Voyager

Bummer! But thanks for the answer, Xuomi!

• 0patata0

0patata0 What do you get if you multiply six by nine?

• mominthevalley

mominthevalley Void-Bound Voyager

According to https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:SMAPI_compatibility there is an unofficial update, but I can't find a page linking to whoever made it. I just tried this mod in my game and it is lagging until non-responsive. I just started a fresh game, so with that in consideration... Plus I'm very heavy on mods right now. I need to weed some out, but I just love the expansion capabilities they give me :D

Ahrnie likes this.
                              • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@mominthevalley There is a link to the unofficial update. You just have to click it.

• Yusuf786

Yusuf786 Intergalactic Tourist

hey can u make pets like stay in an area like animals
                                  because the pets like cats and dogs teleport back to your room and i want an option where you can make it stop teleporting or whatever they do to get out of fenced areas