1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Collectable Figurines 3.0

Collectable Figurines from various anime and comics

1. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

2. projectmayhem

3. Benven99

Benven99 Phantasmal Quasar

oh my god... THANK YOU! I LOVED THIS MOD BACK IN BETA AND WAS SAD WHEN IT BECAME UNUSABLE!

4. projectmayhem

I'm trying to go through and update the outdated mods. Next I am working on Hunting plus Incarnate.

5. projectmayhem

projectmayhem updated Collectable Figurines with a new update entry:

Rework and Content update

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

*wave* waning crescent from steam here, as if the icon didn't give it away, i'm still thinking up new stuff to add to the mod, though i'm taking a breather for a bit after spending a week straight binge modding the thing, feels good to finally have the new version out there and every significant bug eradicated

7. Benven99

In regards to the gen1 pokemon figures, is it every gen1 pokemon, or just a select number of them? And will the other gens appear in a future update?

8. luna_panshiel

it has all 151 generation 1 pokemon, we also have the resources to add in generations 2 and 3 ready to go, but implementing it is an extremely time consuming and unpleasant task so it may not be picked up for a while

Edit: and you don't craft the pokemon like the other figures, you use one of the newly added gashapon machines to obtain them. they're a lot less costly than other figures by a significant margin, but getting the one you want is also quite luck-based

9. Benven99

I see. Alright! Can't wait to see all this next time i play!

10. luna_panshiel

i also went to the trouble of adding a few special features to all the figures you might enjoy too

11. Benven99

Oh? That sounds like an interaction or something. A suprise? neat

12. Deciton_Reven

Deciton_Reven Cosmic Narwhal

No offense, because all the pokemon are all quite neat in their own way, but they hardly match the other figurines (unless you were going for like, the mlp mystery bags but then they are much too big in most cases and have a relative scale problem too each other), and for the DBZ and Yokai Watch figures there is some significant size creep and the DBZ figures specifically could be shaded a lot better. Clearly you have some talent as a spriter, but I'd suggest taking some more attempts at more closely matching the original art style in at least size instead of going with the first okay version you make. That being said I'm not just some complainer. I sorta specialize in 8x8 and 16x16 pixelwork and would be happy to split some of the work of improving the look of things and/or adding more content in the future. Attached is an example of some of my pokemon work.
    [​IMG]

13. projectmayhem

Im always willing to accept help. If you want to improve on the gen 1 pokemon or start working on gen 2, be my guest. Art is not one of my gifts lol. Just let me know what you want to help with.
    And thank you for the feedback. since I dont know a lot about art, I colored the DBZ figures then pixelated them to give little color variations. As much as I read about shading, I'll just never comprehend it, its just not in me I guess lol.

14. luna_panshiel

the size creep with the yokai was more an issue of how much detail needed to be put into a figurine to make it it so you could tell what it is, himojii was in particular very difficult, i'm very well aware that one in particular is oversized and have been trying to compress it down without it turning into a featureless blob. the other two yo-kai are larger because they are to perform a function, and are intended to be special relative to the rest of the set, i just haven't started on what i wanted usapyon to do(if you're familiar with it you can probably guess what interaction i'd want it to have)

as for the pokemon, they actually do fit in with the other figures in the set, the painted figures themselves vary in detail, with some being more visually flat depending on series, take a look at that big image sheet again, as the figures are from a wide array of series, particularly ones in the middle-right hand side, the amount of detail reflects the sort of series they're from

of course, you are welcome to contribute any new figures or improvements you wish to make and we can look into adding them, though we'd need a complete set to make any drastic changes to the pokemon designs at this point, lest they stick out horribly

edit:
    ALSO there is room to add multiple different sets from the same thing, in the original mod for example there are painted gundam figures, and blind bag gundam figures with a different design and some overlapping figures

we could very well add a handful of higher detail painted pokemon to the normal figures, we also had plans for a set of much smaller pokemon blind bag minifigs(with much stricter size ranges allowed)

so anything you wish to contribute can find a place in the mod, even if it's technically something we already had.

the main purpose of the new gashapon system was for a way to add very large sets of figurines without overwhelming the crafting interfaces, as well as giving the players a somewhat more interesting and thematically appropriate way to get them, and we can have as many sub series as we please represented by different machines, exactly like real pokemon merchandise that comes in all shapes and sizes

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    projectmayhem likes this.
  15. Deciton_Reven

I'll look into what sizes and shading would be the best for the pokemon stuff compared to other things in the mod and starbound itself and then get back with you. I'll give you my best!

16. luna_panshiel

i edited my original post with some info you should look into

edit:

i had also designed my gachapon machines to be very modular, they can have parts added and removed very easily, and i wanted them to be an object creation resource as well as part of the mod

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b92bq48thj1nc2t/hylotlgachaWIP.pdn

it's a paint.net file where you can add and remove layers, and remove all the addons to get to the basic underlying machine, if you pull all the hylotl decor off it becomes "apex" style, i wanted this particular asset to be available for mod makers to use, and so you can use it for whatever you please

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  17. luna_panshiel

working on some small fixes, managed to get himojii shrunken down decently without him ending up looking like a phallus, usapyon has a "smaller" common version now and a rarer big version with some special interactions i'm currently fine tuning

[​IMG]

18. Deciton_Reven

Went and made the the first twenty entrants in the pokedex, but I'm going to stop for the night and use this as a little progress report, as well to ask a question. When doing these to be blind bag sized, I'm doing an upper limit of 12x12 because I remember the Celestia figurine being 12 across, but I kind of think she clipped over things by a pixel. Since I'm not real sure about Starbound's rules regarding anything like that, (I'm just a spriter that sprites) is there a better number to be aiming for? I can still turn any of the 12x12s on this into 11x11s for example without needing a total resprite.
    [​IMG]

19. luna_panshiel

starbound uses a system called spacescan where it basically looks at the image file and checks how much space it takes up within a specific tile(after removing transparent pixels) it decides all physics based on the result

space scan be fine tuned to be as sensitive or insensitive as you please, or disabled entirely(resulting in a 1 block object that's much larger than 1 block visually, most figures are set up this way)

the default game action figures are set up at 12x12 but actually only occupy one single 8x8 block... spawn in a couple coal ore samples and put them right next to each other, their stands will overlap

tl;dr, they can be as big or tiny as you want, the game does the thinking for you

edit: also if you want, we can do the pokemon blind bags in multiple series, you can even decide how you want them to be distributed, we had an image sheet prepared but i believe yours are better than the ones we had(all a fair bit more detailed), and since they are your work, you can decide where you want them to go or how you want them set up, i'm fine sorting out the details of it

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  20. luna_panshiel

this thing was a huge amount of work to get set up, but i had way, way too much fun messing with it when it was done

[​IMG]

reference: