1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Frackin' Music 3.45

Add-On for FrackinUniverse & Vanilla. Adds 200+ new songs to biome playlists.

1. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

There is a chance that you will hear the new music this mod adds in.
    I mean I have this mod via steam's workshop and I at times get the music from this.
    So keep an ear out when your on a planet, you'll never know when a song from this mod will kick in.
    Trust me if you've listened to the standard music list as long as I have you will easily pick out the new stuff.

2. Ibrahym

Ibrahym Big Damn Hero

I finshed the game 2 times ago
    i installed this mod cuz u know, the game orginal music kinda sucks
    i installed this mod
    but after 6 hours of playing i only got 2 new musics
    note, i have the Frackin univarese mod too

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Again, it's highly random, and it WILL NOT WORK on planets generated/visited before installing this mod. Period.

Also, the mod generally will not play FU music while you are underground, and if an FU music is playing while you're on the surface and you go underground, the music will change back to a vanilla track (unless that has been changed/fixed since I last downloaded the mod which I rarely do, due to its size).

4. Ibrahym

Ibrahym Big Damn Hero

then then ammmm
    i will just disable the game music and play the mod music manually
    since its .ogg its playable using any media program (EXCLUDE windows media player :p)

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

You could do that if you don't mind switching windows and having the music still playing when you beam up to ship etc since your media program can't tell when you change locations, etc.

But yes, this will work.

6. MichaelNevermore

MichaelNevermore Void-Bound Voyager

Is there an official list of songs? Preferably with Incompetech links or some way to listen to the specific versions of the implemented songs.

I'd like to have a listen to some of the songs before installing. Thanks.

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

You can download individual songs, or go to the mod's GitHub (browse the \music\ folder) -- most of the songs are listed by original name as filenames. Most. You can simply youtube or go to Incompetech's listings and look up the songs of the same name to have a listen.

EDIT: Hmmm. Maybe not. A lot of these are going to be difficult to find... well either way I can vouch for most of these being awesome, but I will admit that downloading 500+ MB when you're not sure you'd like the music...

Some of these tracks are nothing shy of pure awesome. Here's one of my favorites:

I once built a huge castle on a Lush world, and rather often this came up as the daytime theme. I had some serious fun building to this!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  8. MichaelNevermore

Yeah I have that list. Unfortunately, like you said, it doesn't help too much. Like for example, Semper-Fidelis is on there, but that song has like fourteen bajillion versions and I doubt FM uses the US military brass band version--or at least I'd hope not because it super does not fit the Starbound audio aesthetic.

So I just downloaded that one music file. It sounds nothing like the Semper-Fidelis I was thinking of--it's cool atmospheric electronic music, which is perfect. Too bad the file sizes are too big to play right in Github ("view raw").

I guess I'll just download a bunch of random ones and see if I like them. I'm curious about the Ghibli one. You'd think that would be copyrighted.

Anyway, thanks for the help. That song you linked is awesome, that's for sure.

Edit: Okay that might be the best version I've heard of the Laputa theme besides the original, and that's really saying something. Chills.

9. MichaelNevermore

Too bad the artists aren't listed anywhere. They deserve some serious credit. Although Kevin MacLeod probably made half of them.

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah, a good number of them are Incompetech, but not all of them (such as the one I linked above). These are really good pieces I would have to say. But then again trying to catalogue some 130+ pieces of music in a mod when you also run the *other* biggest mod around would be a bit time-consuming.

11. MichaelNevermore

Oh yeah shoot Sayter makes both of them. Good point.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Limbom likes this.
  13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

likely because it was an already created world. the way it works is like this: a planet generates, and pulls 2 tunes from each playlist. thats all itwill ever have. 2 surface, 2 subsurface. (technically 8, as night also gets a selection). That planet will only ever play those 8.

Another desert, freshly generated, will pull from the updated pool and have all the FR tunes to choose from.

That said, you *can* still get vanilla tunes. FR doesn't override, it *adds* to the lists.

14. jacobez

jacobez Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are there a mirror to download from? I'm having trouble completing the download from github. Even a bit-torrent link could work...

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. beeedrill

beeedrill Void-Bound Voyager

File size is really so I was wondering if it would add some sort of lag into the game : o. Like longer load times or something when beaming down to new planets?

17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

No lag whatsoever, the music files are loaded on-demand by the game, them just sitting on your HDD won't cause lag, no difference between the game loading a Frackin'Music .ogg or a Vanilla .ogg, each .ogg is loaded only when it goes to play.

Now, given that there are some JSON patches, it might add a second or two to the initial load time when you first boot the game up, but that's negligible.

beeedrill likes this.
  18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time