Chat Tell Us Your Troubles Thread - advice & friendly chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodyFingers, Oct 22, 2013.

1. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Why would you be a pedafile? I'm 30 years old now.
    Regardless, I didn't think you were like that in the first place, so don't worry.

Though it seems I cause more concern than camaraderie. Only time people mind me is when they think something is wrong.

2. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

I mostly said that for other people reading this. I know YOU don't think I'm that way. But, this being an open forum I felt the need to make sure others don't view it like that.
    Maybe I should have said I'm not a stalker or a cougar, since I'm in my 50's

3. BloodyFingers

You'd hardly be a stalker, since most info you have on me was willingly shared. I also don't think having someone on your mind is creepy.

And as I said, even if all that were the case, I'm not a kid myself :p
    and quite honestly, I'm single too...

4. Kashmir

O.K. then, let me put it this way.
    Other than physical things, I have no issues I really need to discuss or need advice for. I follow this thread because of you. I enjoy your (virtual) company and I like to hear what you have to say. If you ever were to leave this thread, then so would I.

On the other subject. If you like this person, then ask her out. That is the only way to either find your one, or get over it. Unless she's married, then don't.

5. BloodyFingers

I can't. This time, I really, REALLY can't.
    I mean, it is physically impossible as we don't reside in the same country. And I already know her feelings towards me. Doesn't help one bit, I tell you.

6. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Sounds like depression talking..? It's quite obvious your presence is enjoyed. As in the camaraderi thing you say. Yes.
    It good thing people worry. Better than not giving a shit, yes?

xD This is silly thing you bring up.

Welp, gues that's that then, eh?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  7. Kashmir

I'm hoping it's not a farm animal and that's why it's impossible. lol

There is absolutely nothing wrong with fantasizing about her (it's part of being human).
    Find a distraction, the feelings will go away soon. Get out there. You are a strikingly good looking young man. Ask someone to coffee. Just strike up a conversation. You never know.

8. BloodyFingers

It's not fantasizing, it's... it's jealousy...
    It's an ugly, unhealthy feeling and I want to get rid of it. Just shouting or willing it out doesn't seem to work, though.

9. Kashmir

From that I gather that she's the girlfriend of someone close to you. Good call not going for her.

But you still need to get out there. Take a risk. I know it's not easy and can be embarrassing at times, but what do you have to lose?
    We've all been turned down, that just teaches us what not to do next time.

10. BloodyFingers

Kash, what I need and what I can do does not align very often.
    If the few people I know can hurt me like this, I shudder to think what would happen if I start mingling with many strangers at once.

I did go out during my time in Vancouver. Made lots of friends. Aaaand got heartbroken twice. Seems to happen wherever I go.
    I don't seem to learn with it..

11. Kashmir

Just don't give up...It will happen.

Being heartbroken is no fun, I know this well. But, I also know that you will find her if you put yourself out there.
    Go to a diner, strike up a conversation with the pretty waitress. Keep going to the diner. Or something similar.
    Once she gets to know you, she won't be able to help herself.

Edit: If you post and I don't respond, I have to go to town and get the kittens some food. That's a 40 mile round trip.
    I will check on you later to see how you are doing. I DO care about your well being.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  12. BloodyFingers

So, banging my head against a wall until either breaks, huh...
    This is one tough wall, I tell you...

BigEaredKittens likes this.
  13. BigEaredKittens

I reccomend against that, Bloodsi.

14. BloodyFingers

I don't mean "literally" banging my head against a wall. :p
    That was just a manner of speech. I mean I have to keep doing something, no matter how painful it may be, until it either works out or I peter out.

15. BigEaredKittens

Ahhh, I understand now.
    That's how it usually goes, yes?

16. BloodyFingers

Usually when something doesn't work after many tries, it means I am doing something wrong.

17. BigEaredKittens

That's a good thing, yes? I think that means you're sane.

18. BloodyFingers

But that goes against the first advice I was given. Which means love is insanity.

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  19. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

... and which means, that we all was at least once insane...
    'sigh' I want to be insane for the second time, but it seem that I'm going to be sane forever...

20. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Well, I've made the breakup official...

...and I haven't felt this free in a while. Ladies, beware!