1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED the Kazdra version 0.3.2

Dragons! All custom! All the time!

1. JFconnu

JFconnu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't know if anyone said it yet, but when trying to deploy with the mech, it gives this error: 20170630112303_1.jpg

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That's because it's looking for the files that define the beam-down mech animation which obviously does not exist in the Kazdra mod for Kazdra. You'd have to copy one from one of the races, because Kazdra hasn't been updated since before Mechs were added.

notanaccount2 and JFconnu like this.
  3. Zer0Th3Fall3n

Zer0Th3Fall3n Big Damn Hero

Okay so this mod keeps crashing serverside with this error.
    [16:15:49.281] [Error] Fatal Exception caught: (JsonException) Cannot call get with key on Json type int, must be Object type

4. DeafDragon38

DeafDragon38 Void-Bound Voyager

I have not played Starbound in few months and now I am unable to play it with Kazdra mod and certain other mods as I have recently replaced and updated other mods. I know this mod has not been updated in a long time.

update: I have remodded the game and discovered that this mod is the only one that crashes the game on launch.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Because it is lacking important things like Mechs.

Any time you go to new .x, mods will inevitably break. sometimes they break on .x.y too. But .x is the big thing because they add so much stuff. When SB went to 1.3, mods that were done during 1.2 are most likely broken until updated, including this one. They added Mechs, and each Race has two racial mechs, and data that tells the game which mech(s) each race should start with.

Load up a race mod that lacks this info, and boom. crash.

Also, IIRC, Kazdra also has villages and NPCs, and in 1.3, all the behavioral file structures were changed, and AI Behaviors were tweaked which is also a source of crashes.

So, what you'd need to do to fix Kazdra yourself, is to remove all the villages (simply remove the .patch files that have to do with planets/biomes), and probably any NPCs that Kazdra adds (including anything that will call them), and then you'd need to find what adds Mechs, and make a .patch file to make Kazdra use one of the existing race mechs (Humans, Floran, Apex, whatever, just choose one because you won't use it that long anyways).

Once you do all of this, Kazdra should theoretically work again until/unless updated by the author.

Unless, of course, there's something else I'm failing to think of that would be causing crashes.

notanaccount2 likes this.
  6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

No, they said that there would be no more forced character/universe wipes.

They never said that mods wouldn't break during large updates, lol. That's pretty much impossible when you add things like Mechs that an outdated race mod doesn't have code for... it's *going* to break, no matter what.

7. Gramzon the Dragon

Gramzon the Dragon Void-Bound Voyager

It seems the current version doesn't let you craft any tier 5 or 6 armor. You can make a handful of aegisalt based melee weapons, but you can't access even the weapons supposedly available to all characters http://starbounder.org/Unique_Weapon nor craft the avian top tier armor like before. this kind of puts a damper on the approaching endgame when i can't make armor legit. I might have to cheat a racial armor in.

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Or play Frackin'Universe or similar mods that add that kind of equipment.

CF might have changed how such recipes are handled, and thus as a result, race mods are required to specifically add them (which Kazdra obviously does not as it wasn't updated since).

9. Gramzon the Dragon

Gramzon the Dragon Void-Bound Voyager

I used to have frackin' universe, but i really didn't like all the crud that it added. I used an alt character to get some human armor. Still something that needs to be looked at at some point by the dev, assuming he continues development.

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I'm sure he planned on adding higher tier armor, but modding is a huge time-sink and not everybody has the time to not only develop the mod fully, but also keep it up to date with the game itself. It sounds like the author's RL sadly does not afford him this much time, at least for the time being.

11. Tactical_slime

Tactical_slime Void-Bound Voyager

Hello peeps

Is it possible to get this to work on 1.3.2?

i tried everything i could to make it work and I managed to get to make a character then crash playing it

edit : my first time on the forums (i read the rules and stuff)

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It is generally a good thing to read the last 1-2 pages of a thread before posting on it if you've never been to that thread, especially when you have a question to ask. Not trying to be mean or anything; I'm just giving a suggestion (as this question was answered earlier in the thread already).

Sadly, this mod is not currently 1.3.2 compatible due to the fact it is missing any sort of data for the new features added in 1.3.2, namely the entire Mech system. Any race mod will need to have stuff like your starting Mechs defined and also, the various NPCs that are called by the mod for the spawning of villages are using the old behavior files (which were updated in 1.3.0-ish), though that's a far easier fix -- just remove the parts of the mod that call for villages to be spawned.

You could theoretically and technically fix the mod yourself by removing all of the stuff for spawning villages and by adding parameters that define one of the other races' mechs as the Kazdra starting mech, but I've not tried it as I've not had much time to play Starbound lately.

13. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So... I'm confused.

The original author requested that the mod you linked "stay up" but yet has forbidden updates to it at the same time?

15. Tactical_slime

16. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

Supposedly, he wants to update his own mod at some point, but hasn't as of yet. I'm pretty sure the guy who uploaded the fix, will keep uploading updates till the original author actually gets out and fixes his mod. I mean all he has to do is ask the guy who updated it, for the source files so he can update his own mod, or even all he has to do is unpack the guy's mod and update his own that way. However, theoretically it shouldn't hurt using the fixed mod, till the original one is updated and then just swap back. it would only break, if the original author changes some identifications and code stuffs which I doubt he'd do because it'd break it for anyone else who uses his mod currently and is just waiting on an update while using those micro fix addon mods.

17. Tactical_slime

Im on gog too :( and im trying to get 1.3

18. Tactical_slime

I ment the 1.3 mod if anyone got confused

19. VasVadum

VasVadum Cosmic Narwhal

I don't think so. I actually only use steam to upload and download mods cause its much easier for management. :p I hate manually managing mods.

20. Tactical_slime

Steam workshop downloader doesent work? .__.