1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Resolved Server Upgrades

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by Katzeus, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Hello everyone,

There's a few reports of issues with the server upgrades we've done this week. I wanted to narrow down anything outstanding in a single thread to make problems easier to find them on our end and for everyone else. It's not that we necessarily need more info on all these, but keeping the discussion centralized here will also help keep other threads on-topic.

If you've got any details about any of these issues please post here. Thanks,

Reported issues:
    - Can't save updates to mod
    - Can't save imgur hosted images to post

EDIT: Everything reported has been resolved. If you're having one of the above issues or a new issue please report it!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. absimiliard_the_elder

absimiliard_the_elder Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sorry about derailing that thread, I do really appreciate you looking into it and responding so quickly.

(and just tried another image in a reply to my thread: still no joy)

3. Katzeus

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  4. Katzeus

Can you see the images in the post I just made? Try adding an image to this thread. If it doesn't work would you mind detailing the exact steps you followed so I can test?

5. absimiliard_the_elder

Yup, I see them! (and, if I may, I really like that underwater one)

Okay, I am going to test adding an imgur image here. My intent is to push the "Image" button above, and then in the pop-up I shall paste in the text "http://imgur.com/a/VKJon" and hit "Insert".

[​IMG]

Next, I shall try simply typing in [ IMG ] (without spaces) then the link, then [ / IMG ] (also without spaces)

[​IMG]

*crosses fingers and hits "post reply"*

{edit: I wonder if it's a problem w. imgur as a source. I note that your, successful, images weren't from there.}

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  6. Katzeus

Let me try to add the one you just added (Removing those big images in my other post to keep things readable)

EDIT: Ah HA - Let me try this

EDIT2: Yup - consistently looks like imgur is the issue. Thanks so much for helping me identify it.

As a temp workaround you could either copy/paste the images directly into your post or upload them. That should work!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. absimiliard_the_elder

Yup, it's an imgur issue! Those show up as broken for me as well.

Well, at least that narrows it down...

Katzeus likes this.
  8. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Here due to the "Can't save updates to mod" issue, would like to remark that when I press the button, the post cooldown does get triggered, but that is all.

Katzeus likes this.
  9. absimiliard_the_elder

I'll upload them when I get home -- to the system which has them on it. Thx.

10. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

The URL in the image tag must be the URL to an image, not the URL to an imgur album. https://imgur.com/a/VKJon is an album web page, https://i.imgur.com/ILbKXBP.jpg is the image.

Please try it now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2017
  11. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Confirmed working again, thanks a lot! :D

12. Katzeus

Since both these issues look good now I'm going to unsticky this from the support section. I haven't seen reports of any other problems, but I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks for the help guys!

13. absimiliard_the_elder