1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WEdit v1.3.2

In-game, multiplayer-compatible world editing.

1. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

... except that didn't do anything either???

EDIT: I am the biggest small-time idiot in the history of ever. You said the paste area. I put them at the copy area.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

Okay, now the schematics automatically lose all their data if I leave the space station. Is there a way to keep schematics between worlds? Also, how do you delete a matmod? I'm trying to delete space station room backgrounds and an errant expansion slot that I placed.

3. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

For delette a background it work with Base in a box mod , when you clear area , it should with WEdit too i think.

4. E_Kaboom

E_Kaboom Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having an issue where the tools just don't do anything at all. I have dash tech active and I was able to retrieve the tools from the box. However, it appears that when ever i go to utilize the tools they simply do nothing like the entirety of it all is broken. Every tool is broken. Idk why, may it is another mod conflict. The only aspect that works is the no clip and the menu for the all in one tool. Please help!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  5. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Schematics are serialized to your tech storage. They should only disappear when you delete them and when you re equip the tech. For matmod removal simply use the matmod remover tool.

6. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

After using a tool that "doesn't work", does noclipping break as well? That would indicate the script crash and the details would be written to your log.
    If that's not the case you've either done something wrong, or another mod is modifying the dash tech.

7. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

8. WolfNyasha

WolfNyasha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

He-e-ey! Silver! Can you help me with one thing? What is the Remote Interface mod? Just its is not work

Attached Files:

9. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Right here! https://github.com/Mehgugs/Starbound-RemoteInterfaces/releases

Remote Interfaces allows interfaces to be opened from tech scripts, something not possible in the vanilla game. As WEdit's core is a tech script, this is necessary to open the compact interface (and other interfaces).
    WEdit used to make use of my own Item Interfaces mod, but that prevented me from opening other interfaces from within the compact interface (because you're only holding the all in one item, and yet there's multiple interfaces that can be opened).

I know the change is a bit sudden but you downloaded the source code from the GitHub page, rather than an actual release (did you not?).
    I've been working on improvements to WEdit. Namely removing the need for the layer tool, and adding other compact interfaces that allow you to select a material or matmod. The change felt right since this allows these new features from both the standalone items and the compact interface.

10. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

I've run into a issue with builders on my sever using this mod when building space stations. This mod copies space station backgrounds, but the backgrounds can't be removed in muiltiplayer. Are there any built in tools that can help with fixing this? if not it would be lovely to have someway to break unwanted entities like this.

11. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, there are objects in the game that aren't meant to be used by players, and therefore can not be destroyed/picked up normally. The modding API doesn't offer us a clean way to destroy these objects, so you'll have to use admin (/admin) commands.

While hovering over the object, use /entityeval object.smash(). You might need to find the source block of the object using /debug and /boxes (it will be a green block, probably in the bottom left corner of the object).
    The issue here is that you can only execute admin commands locally (singleplayer). So stop the server normally, then load the game in singleplayer, go to the planet, use the command, quit the game and start the server again.

If you are not hosting the game from your computer, things get even more complicated. You'll have to download the right universe world, add it to your universe folder and travel there with /warp CelestialWorld:COORDINATES, where COORDINATES is replaced with the file name of the world (without the .world extension).

I wish this wasn't such a hassle, but sadly I haven't found a way to break these objects reliably.

12. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hum sorry for necro but after some time i'm back to Starbound , and i don't find how to make work Phase Shift Mod and WEdit together....i've check every forum page of WEdit mod and PhaseShift with F3 key but don't find :/

The issue is , Wedit need Dash tech on Body for work , and Phase Shift need the Body slot too (it can be also put on head slot but didnt work so forced to use Body slot) , so how can i make both work plase ?

13. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

https://github.com/Silverfeelin/Starbound-WEdit/wiki/Using-a-different-Tech

14. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

15. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

It's not recommended to make changes using the steam version. If you're desperate I suggest downloading non steam versions of the mod(s).

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  16. Marcus101RR

Marcus101RR Void-Bound Voyager

Copy and Paste is not working for me, tried copying a simple small area and pasting with the all in one tool, did not work. Using latest StarBound, and the mod is 1.3.2

17. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

If you aren't sure about the step me i do like that (for an exemple of a 30 x90 area)
    1 : dash tech enabled
    2 : admin and debug enabled (debug is optional but strongly recommended for see what you do)
    3 : take the cursor then select the area you want (with green selection) , example 30x90
    4 : take the stamp then left clic the area (will copy the 30x90 green area and will turn blue)
    5 : after going where you want paste , select atleast 1 block (will show a 1x1 green block ,will be the bottom left so the area you will replace is show in a 30x90 blue box with a 1x1 green box at bottom-left)
    6 : right clic with stamp in the blue area and you'll see "world edit running task (1)" in the blue line on the top of debug text , wait and see the magic.

If you have trouble copy/paste large area use a mod wich allow you to zoom at x1 , the more you are zoomed , the less area are loaded by you computer so the more wedit will copy an empty area , for exemple if you are in the left part of a glitch castle and copy everything , you'll take the risk to past an empty part on the right , mostly if you play in x 3 or x2 zoom level , me i put x1 and i go in the center of the castle , i can one shoot an entire glitch castle like that , also holding the ctrl key will help for select a big area (for move the camera view).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Errors4l likes this.
  18. MadnessHENRY

MadnessHENRY Pangalactic Porcupine

I have some problem with this tool.....it works but it didn't show the area......When I select the area it didn't show the green line......Am I misunderstanding something or it is my problem?

19. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Enter: /debug
    starbound 2018-06-14 16-34-25-44.png

Errors4l likes this.
  20. TheSurvivor64

TheSurvivor64 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm trying to paste an NPC ship on my own ship. I have BYOS, I did the quest, I copied the ship I wanted with WEdit, but now I can't paste it in my ship instance world.