WIP Sundrop City (A Collaborative Effort)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by NovaStarr, Sep 6, 2017.

1. NovaStarr

NovaStarr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SUNDROP CITY 2: THE ELECTRIC BOOGALOO (TEXTURE ARTISTS AND MAPPERS NEEDED MOST)

I have no idea how many of you were involved with, or remember, a little thread made by our dear @Androxilogin oDo; but if you do, you probably have been wondering, "Hey, what happened to that super duper coll city expansion with space to put in my character mods if I wanted to?!" Well guess what friends!

[​IMG]
    We're still alive!

THE PROJECT AND ITS GOALS:
    Sundrop City is a collaborative effort to make an expansion for our beloved Stardew Valley, and we hope to be bold and adventurous! We have goals such as, but not limited to
    • Designing a city life and setting, with people walking around, with it's own dock and port!
    • Creating new NPCs, including the city's very own modern magic person!
    • IMPLEMENTING A "SKYSCRAPER" TO ALLOW INFINITE SPACE FOR EVERYONE TO ADD THEIR OWN NPCS/ROMANCIBLE AND HOMES!!
    • Adding a weekly farmer's market where you can buy/sell crops/goods, maybe even furniture!
    • Allowing the city's own holidays every season, with their own minigames!!!
    • Laying out the groundwork to allow more ambitious mods
    OUR ADMINISTRATION TEAM:
    Due to availability issues coming up over the past months, we find ourselves a little short-staffed. But that doesn't mean we are without competence!
    WHAT WE NEED :

As you can tell, we're in need of a few things! We have coders, but we don't have anything for them to code into! You can see the dilemma here. We need
    • TEXTURE ARTISTS!!
    • MAPPERS!!
    • Prop Artists!
    • Spriters
    • Writers
    • More coders are always fantastic!
    "WOW, THIS LOOKS COOL! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!"
    I knew you'd come around! If you would like to volunteer in anyway, just drop a message in this thread! If you have any questions, drop a message in this thread! If you have any ideas to offer, drop a message in this thread!

I will then drop you the link to the SunDrop Inc discord server so you can add you to our group!

CURRENT UPDATES:
    9/6/17 - Thread created! We have just made a thread after organizing the discord server

PREVIOUS UPDATES:
    • None!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
      addy468, Rosalie, Kyyttyy and 4 others like this.
    • Puffjiggly

Puffjiggly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been part of this team for a while so, If you got the time please check us out and help us make this a full reality~!

• Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice! Im interested, I can do a bit of spriting if thats helpful^^

• 4SlicePizza

4SlicePizza Aquatic Astronaut

i wanna join. i can also some sprite work. not that much, but i can help.

• NovaStarr

NovaStarr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Links have been sent to the both of you! Welcome :D

• Opalie

Opalie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi !!! I'm !!! A mapper !!! I'd LOVE to help

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Sweet! I'll send you a link! Name's Omegasis on the discord btw.

• merizlb

merizlb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I need to lvl up my pixel art skillz before I'd be of any use but I'm sO hype about this! I remember Androxilogin's post about it and I can't believe it's actually happening!! WOO!

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I've sold my soul to a construction company but I managed to get internet at home FINALLY! ..just nothing to show for my absense. BUT! I just bought a fancy new pc and the seasons are getting colder, it's about time to get back into it! (When I have the chance)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
                      NovaStarr likes this.
                    • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

In regards to the infinite skyscraper, I have done something similar a few months ago while working with another modder to implement it. Here are some examples of what I have completed:
                      Untitled 3.png Valley View Condos Preview.png Untitled.png Untitled 2.png

I also have work on new NPCs in the works with said modder.
                      image3 - Copy.png Hair 1-3 - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy.png Tongan Preview.png Alec Preview.png

I am working on a few mods that expand the town and would love to work on compatibility patches

addy468, lannihamm, eemie and 6 others like this.
                      • worldworld

worldworld Void-Bound Voyager

I likely won't have the time to actively participate regularly, but if it could help and not clog up the thread, I can give ideas and feedback for the writing! I love writing and character building.

Holy moly, your and the other modder's character sprites are gorgeous! I love the diversity and the life in their expressions.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                        • SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

I could try making any art related stuff!
                          I would love to try and help :'3

• Yoseiri

[​IMG]
                            Since Hope already show their work might as well show mineee
                            I am working a a flower shop and this npc, im not gonna show the flower shop yet since i feel its not the time yet :>

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

OMG this is amazing

• Yoseiri

Thx thx

• Yoseiri

upload_2017-11-25_11-8-30.png upload_2017-11-25_11-8-42.png
                                  The thread seems a bit dead so i wanted to post this finished Lilith,,,

addy468, Coolwyngs, XRiku and 7 others like this.
                                  • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

• Yoseiri

yup.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

This one looks great too. Good work

• EmissaryOfInfinity

EmissaryOfInfinity Subatomic Cosmonaut

Surprisingly little activity here. I'd love to get on that Discord, if I could. It'd be nice to keep track of progress, and I'm known to be handy with a few different tools you guys might need. Decent with textures, and I can plot character and gameplay design pretty well.