1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Frontier Expansion 1.4

More Novakid Furniture!

1. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

Unfortunately, no my friend. I feel as though it'd be too OP. Though you are free to edit the objects in the .pak to your liking ^^
    I'm gonna need to see your log file. I can't really diagnose without it.

2. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet updated Frontier Expansion with a new update entry:

The General Store!

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

what about if you had to place a chicken inside the coop for you to be able to get eggs from it? would that make it less op?
    (sugesting this because i prefer my chooks to stay in one place, not roam about, so a coop you manualy place them in that you interact with and collect eggs from would be perfect for me lol. though i dont know how to do it, coding and stuff makes my brain melt but sugestions come out of there faster than i can stop some nights)

4. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

It has notching to do with log.
    Its just u have to make a patch for it

5. rare_candy_bracelet

well, that sounds a lot more balanced, yeah, but I'm not entirely sure how to code for that.
    the bunkbed should just function as a regular bed if both WBB and my Addon for it aren't present. if the bunk bed is crashing, I need to see the log file.

6. Squelch

Squelch Void-Bound Voyager

Well, you could make two chicken eggs are a crafting requirement, and make it so it can only be crafted, not bought. Same with the cowthings and the barn.

7. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

a way to make this idea fit in with the new store additions, would be to have versions without animals in them, then you use the animal eggs to craft it into a version WITH animals in them, lets you have slightly more decorative variety too..... like say a chicken pen with 2 coops, one with chickens and an empty one with a few roaming chickens(like they had left their coop)

and it should probably take more eggs than simply spawning wild roaming animals, due to having no grow time(chickens would skip the chick stage, so use 3 eggs to craft even though it produces the eggs of 2 chickens)

Edit: I have some ideas since you said you are running dry.... first a train station theme, placeable steam trains, ticket counters, the various equipment for marking and managing a rail system(all for looks, no mechanics, possibly even a special train conductor/ticketmaster tenant to go with it)a simplistic decorative railroad track(platform reskin for placing on the ground), maybe even a nice train tunnel entrance prop that can be attached to hillsides

then there is the "pony express" antiquated frontier mail delivery, and a place to put in the horses novakids keep mentioning as props, as well as all manner of mailroom odds and ends(could even set up a tenant with a high frequency of giving delivery quests) no fancy scripting would be needed for any of that

the game itself has some mining equipment, but not many really old style mining gear, just more modern varieties, i'd love to see expansions to have a good old grungy western style gold/coal mine

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  8. wakaiyukiko

wakaiyukiko Void-Bound Voyager

i love this mod so much thank you!
    (does novakid space stations and a dining room set give you any ideas? :nuruhappy:)

9. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey there rare_candy_bracelet!

You were asking for some inspiration before so here are some ideas I had written down some time ago.
    Most things I had on my list are already included either by CF or your mod, so my "most wanted" items list grew short (thankfully!).

So here's some suggestions!
    - Saloon beverage/liquor shelf: I'd imagine this to be akin to the upper part of the penguin bar at the outpost but as a storage item that paired with the saloon bar. A classic design would be some kind of tiered shelf with a mirror behind it.
    - Revolver wall display: Kind of self explanatory, but it would really add to the overall aesthetic of Novakid settlements. This would NEED the "combat" tenant tag!
    - Rifle rack / cupboard: Again kind of self explanatory and again a "combat" tag item.
    - Gunsmith's store/display shelf: This would be a fantastic "commerce" item and feature assorted revolvers/guns/items behind glass.
    - Mooshi fur wall hanging: this would be a decorative item like the Floran fur trophies, but with a Mooshi pattern on it. A Fluffalo version might work as well.
    - Mooshi decorative skulls / bones: for fitting out the badland frontier settlements! Either for putting on the floor or as a wall deco.
    - Sheriff's star wall deco: some kind of sheriff badge for putting on the walls. Shouldn't be too big (max 2x2 blocks) and come with a "combat" tag.
    - Tombstones/grave markers with different brand-patterns on them

Hopefully, some of these things strike your interest and spark your creativity!
    And again a big thank your for this awesome mod!
    Here's to hope we'll see more of your stuff in the future.

Be well,
    P_D

10. rare_candy_bracelet

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  11. luna_panshiel

lovely work as always, the new painting definitely reminds me that novakids need more frontier artwork. there's a huge number of old frontier paintings that could be given the same treatment as the apex paintings

like this one http://i.imgur.com/iW29VcJ.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  12. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow! That new stuff is awesome! I really like that painting of a Nova-dame.
    And that bar shelf is exceptionally well done!
    Big thanks for your work!

13. rare_candy_bracelet

you mean like...
    expectingpreview.png
    shing! sparkle, sparkle

Plex_Director likes this.
  14. luna_panshiel

yes! exactly like that, there's so much good frontier artwork and 3 paintings(in the base game) is a ridiculously small number, that one's fantastic

15. steakhutzeee

steakhutzeee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Using your mod right now :) It's fantastic but i've a problem... i can't sleep on the top bed in the bunkbeds. Only on the bottom one.
    I tried installing the mod you have posted and "deleted" in the Overview but it cut the bed in two :p
    What have i do? Thanks! :D

16. rare_candy_bracelet

You've downloaded both my personal patch and Working Bunk Beds, correct?

Can you send me your .log file? I'll probably be able to diagnose the problem if I can look it over.

steakhutzeee likes this.
  17. steakhutzeee

Nope, I downloaded only the first, there is no mention to the second in the Overview.

Why you put a line on the personal patch in the Overview?
    I need both?

Thanks!

18. rare_candy_bracelet

no dude, i definitely mentioned it. that's what that README.txt bundled with it said.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  19. steakhutzeee

Yep, you right. I've read the readme but for some reason I've ignored it :p

Thanks btw, it works :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  20. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet updated Frontier Expansion with a new update entry:

A Small but Long Overdue Update

Read the rest of this update entry...