1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Hunting+ Wildfire v2.3.15

An overhaul to the hunting aspect of the game.

1. Sonsalt

Sonsalt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome mod,

However, I noticed playing it alongside with Fracking Universe, that some critters are much harder to kill than others. For example critters in the first mission get 20+ damage from the same weapon that does 4 Damage otherwise...

2. EclipticWulf

EclipticWulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can you elaborate a bit more? I didn’t touch Moontants (because I see them more as NPCs/not exactly monsters/mobs). And I don’t know any other lunar base creatures.

3. EclipticWulf

EclipticWulf updated Hunting+ Wildfire with a new update entry:

Ancient Power Cell Fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

I also now added a link to an addon for those who really don't want to deal with trapping. I don't want to remove the feature from the main mod, so I made this option available.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  4. EclipticWulf

Trapping Overhaul, Several Fixes, Pets, New Monsters

5. EclipticWulf

6. OgreArmor

OgreArmor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't know if anyone else has had issues after last night's update, but I'm unable to beam down to planets now. Uninstalling Hunting+ fixes the issue, but it sucks to play without it. I can beam down to previously made planets just fine, but it's like the game just can't generate new ones without throwing an error. I've tested it without any other mods to make sure it wasn't a conflict, with new and old characters, etc., but no luck. Maybe you can make sense of the log though. https://pastebin.com/eah0rM40

7. EclipticWulf

Yep I noticed this today. I forgot to post the fix to the forums, I'll do that shortly. Thank you!

Edit: Let me know if the issue persists now so I can fix it asap.

8. EclipticWulf

9. OgreArmor

OgreArmor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just visited several new planets without any issues. Thanks, Wulf!

EclipticWulf likes this.
  10. EclipticWulf

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  11. ratkintheoverestimated

ratkintheoverestimated Phantasmal Quasar

Hi. I had a query that I hope you can clear up. How do I capture critters for display? I tried crafting a net but it seems to be unable to capture critters.

12. EclipticWulf

If you kill a critter with it, it should drop the display item. Both the normal and weaponized nets use the vanilla bugnet damage type so I don’t know what could be going wrong.

That being said it currently only affects vanilla critters and this mod’s critters as I need to make and animate each one myself.

13. ratkintheoverestimated

I tried to hit a critter with it but my toon just keeps swinging it at the critter with an attack sound but doesn't seem to do any damage.

EDIT : Ok, so basically I had to hit the rabbit around 25 to 30 times and I was able to capture it.

Any chance you might consider reducing the capture time in a future patch..

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  14. EclipticWulf

It should be instant, so I’ll look into it. Thanks.

15. ratkintheoverestimated

I'm running this mod alongside FU. Could that be a reason?

16. EclipticWulf

No. Unless he changed something. On Steam I am subscribed to both so I would know that error when I test it, which I never have

17. EclipticWulf

All vanilla and Hunting+ critters have very low health (around if not 1hp). So I am not sure what the issue could be. If it takes many hits to kill FU bears and such, that's different, because they probably have much more than that.

Although, you will later be able to upgrade the bug net into a "weaponized bug net" which may help. However, you won't get anything special for killing them with a net currently.

If you find out any other information or can share more of what you're experiencing, please let me know.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  18. ratkintheoverestimated

I'll muck around a bit more and see if I can come up with anything.

19. EclipticWulf

20. EclipticWulf

Collection UI Overhaul