1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Foodie's Furniture 1.4.2

Placeable foods and food themed furniture!

1. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

salt and pepper shakers?

how about one of those enormous pepper grinders some italian restaurants have that are big enough to bludgeon someone unconscious

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Here's my new ice cream parlor, plus a sneak peak at the new mall building.

Ice Cream Parlor Preview.jpg
    Aside from the parlor, you can see the pop culture shop (complete with six-eyed clerk who probably watches anime during slow shifts), the air traffic control room (overlooking the landing pad, which has its own Infinity Express branch) and a staff barracks (for the air traffic controller's convenience). I'll show off the full thing sometime soon, seeing as pretty much everything else is 'complete'. But as I said, this building is intended to be scaled upwards indefinitely as new restaurants become possible, like a food court in the sky.

3. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

well considering I did just add a plate of spaghetti, I definitely could expand on that. But no, that's not the idea I'm planning ;)
    So like, an airport? (Or some sort of dropoff?) Nice!! And I love that pop culture shop. The posters are a nice touch. I never thought of using the figurines like that either!

4. Jonesy

A spaceport, more like. But there's only one landing platform, because I found a mod that adds placeable spaceships, and they take up more room than I expected. But considering the city's now so big it has two teleporters, it's safe so say most passengers will be arriving that way instead of actually landing.

I'm also pleased to announce that the penguin in the ice cream parlor sent me on a quest to rescue his friend... who is also a penguin. It's impressive that's even possible. The quest system must spawn an NPC as the same race as the quest giver, but it actually recognizes penguins enough to spawn and name one.

rare_candy_bracelet likes this.
  5. rare_candy_bracelet

honesty, I was surprised I was able to code to make one a tenant. Still! I think that's pretty cool. I wonder if it's possible to recruit the other penguin, actually.

6. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

given enough time, the penguin will attract a dozen other penguins via quests, which should be capable of generating their own too. you should eventually get one wanting to join your crew

your ice cream parlor would start to get a tad crowded however

edit: and i'm not exactly sure how crew uniform generation will work for them... the mercenary NPCs you can hire work a bit differently from the random quest ones, so if one decides it wants to be a crew member the protectorate uniform will look real awkward

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  7. Jonesy

8. rare_candy_bracelet

9. rare_candy_bracelet

hey all - it's been a minute, yeah? Well don't worry - I'm hard at work to making the next update. And it looks like there'll be quite a bit of content too! Here's something to tide you over until then:
    sushibelttest.gif

Jonesy likes this.
  10. alecsander

alecsander Subatomic Cosmonaut

SUSHI BAR!!!!! now all we need is some craftable saki to go with the ingame sushi

11. rare_candy_bracelet

whew boy have i got some explaining to do...

hey everyone! as you can see, I haven't posted in a bit, but I'd like to reassure you that I'm still working hard on the next update to Foodie's Furniture (as well as my other mods). I've just been a little sidetracked. See, my next project is probably the most ambitious thing I've attempted yet, but I'd like to give all of you a sneak peak for waiting so patiently. Expect more information soon!
    ppshoptruck.gif

Jonesy likes this.
  12. Jonesy

Don't worry about it. Good things come to those who wait.

That's not even the half of it.

https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/jonesys-builds.132835/

morisabel likes this.
  13. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Silly question probably, but how do I craft the plating table? It doesn't seem to be available on the inventors/engineers/architect table.

14. rare_candy_bracelet

Oh? Maybe try re-downloading the mod. It should be there...

15. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Freshly redownloaded, no luck.

{digs around a bit}

Looks like there's a recipe for the plating table, but the patch file only references stuff that gets added to Frogg Furnishing?

16. rare_candy_bracelet

The recipe is on the second tier of the Inventor's table and up. Did you try upgrading it? And if so, try switching to admin mode. I know for sure I put the recipe on there.

17. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Yep, found what the issue is! Basically, if an item needs to be "known" to the player to be craftable, you need to tell that to the game via a player.config.patch file.

Basically;
    2017-09-25.png
    With admin mode on, the plating table shows up, because admin mode bypasses blueprint requirements - you can craft everything by default.

2017-09-25 (1).png
    Turned the admin mode back off, and the plating table is gone.

2017-09-25 (2).png
    So, to test out the theory, I unpacked the mod and added the player.config.patch saying

[
    { "op": "add", "path": "/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-", "value": { "item" : "platingtable" }}
    ]

And that seems to have fixed it.

18. rare_candy_bracelet

Oh, I suppose that is my bad, dude. I'll be sure to update the mod with a patch, soon. It's odd though, as no one else mentioned having this problem...

19. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Oh hey, no problem! One reason might be that if something added a blueprint unlock in one of the previous versions, it may have been saved on their existing characters, whereas a fresh character would have no way of unlocking it {the patch above basically adds the recipe to the "know by default" pool}. That's my best guess, anyhow.

20. Jonesy

Wait a sec... that's your mod? I saw some of those sprites on the Starbound Reddit, and they got me really excited. Seeing how good a job you did with this mod, I can't wait to see what happens with that one.