1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Scientist Outfit Pack 1.5.1

Be the scientist you always wanted to be!

1. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

DrPvtSkittles submitted a new mod:

Scientist Outfit Pack - Be the scientist you always wanted to be!

Read more about this mod...

2. DrPvtSkittles

3. DrPvtSkittles

4. Alexmo

Alexmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey could you make a version for EBS?

5. DrPvtSkittles

What is EBS?

6. Alexmo

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  7. DrPvtSkittles

8. Alexmo

Thank you good sir you are doing deed for humanity

9. DrPvtSkittles

10. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

All those clothes that your mods add look so sweet, that I'd like to see them modded, so that npcs could be encountered wearing them. (Imagine seeing some randomly-generated Apex scientists wearing parts of these modded scientist outfits for example.)

11. DrPvtSkittles

My knowledge of npcs fail me, but I really do want to see more scientists...

12. Shadow Wolf TJC

This is just a tiny example of how to add new pieces of clothing to npcs without having to rewrite the whole .npctype file from scratch:
    Code:
    [
      { "op" : "add", "path" : "/items/override/0/1/0/head/-", "value" : { "name" : "bigolsciglasseshead", "data" : { "colorIndex" : [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11] } } }
    ]

This particular piece of code would be fit for use in a "labscientist.npctype.patch" file.

13. DrPvtSkittles

oooo. do you think i can test it with npc spawner +?

14. Shadow Wolf TJC

I've forgotten if this "npc spawner +" is another mod, but you can quickly see whether or not these kinds of tests work by typing in, for example, "/spawnnpc apex labscientist" in chat while in admin mode.

Edit: You can also press "P" to repeat your previous message/action, which is great for spawning in procedurally-generated content for testing purposes.

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  15. DrPvtSkittles

omg I didnt know bout the P command. UGH. Thank you!

16. Shadow Wolf TJC

By the way, I had just finished creating a mod that adds most, but not all, of the outfits to regular scientists, Miniknog scientists, and scientist tenants. (For obvious reasons, I left out the nude scientist outfits.) Perhaps I could save you some work by uploading it to Mediafire for you to download in private?

17. DrPvtSkittles

oh nice. You mean so i can learn what thee hell i need to do? haha

18. Shadow Wolf TJC

Here you go. Looks like I won't have to upload it to MediaFire after all.

I set the priority in the "_metadata" file to 1000, because one of my own mods, which had a priority of 90, was overwriting this mod's changes. I'm planning on tweaking that other mod to improve its compatability.

By the way, I learned how to make changes like this fairly recently, so even though I've been modding for so long, I'm still learning new things.

Attached Files:

19. DrPvtSkittles

Fantastic, I will look into this more tonight when I'm rested. haha. Oh my lord there is aaaaaaaaaaaalways more to learn when it comes to modding this game. I feel like too often I'm like 'you can DO that?'

20. Shadow Wolf TJC

For a more mature and/or experienced modder like myself, it's less "You can do that?" and more "so that's how it's done, huh?"