1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Techs 2.0 1.56 fix

Upgrade your techs to 2.0 today!

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Simple answer is yes!

Here's the long answer. This mod doesn't change any of the vanilla techs. Better Dash changes only the dashing in the vanilla techs. So, you'll need Better Dash still if you want your original techs to have the same up and forward dash changes.

Yeah, I don't like that. So far, I haven't found a good solution. I think the problem may be built into the coding. I'll see if I can still make it worth getting maybe by speeding it up even more. If it can't grip as well, at least it might as well be less sticky and really fast.

2. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Techs 2.0 with a new update entry:

V1.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. ibigfire

ibigfire Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback, greenRAM!

4. greenRAM

V1.4

5. greenRAM

6. greenRAM

v1.41

7. greenRAM

V1.5

8. NullVoid01

NullVoid01 Void-Bound Voyager

Can you make the Sticky Wall Jump or any of the sticky techs have an option to slide down the wall by pressing the down button cuz its tricky to go a mid jump entrance that I need to compensate jumping off while sticking on the wall attempting to enter again instead of sliding down flawlessly like the vanilla wall jump

greenRAM likes this.
  9. greenRAM

I'm not sure. That sounds like a really fun idea!

I'm thinking that we'd probably have to go in and add a button press prompt to the lua that triggers the slide. I kind of feel like that could be done, but I'd have to mess around and see if it doesn't break anything. I'm not at all experienced at coding, but hopefully that will be a simple enough edit.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  10. NullVoid01

Thanks for the respond, hoping you can add that feature:nod::nuruhappy:

greenRAM likes this.
  11. greenRAM

V1.52

Got it! It was a little tricky, but I figured it out.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    NullVoid01 likes this.
  12. NullVoid01

13. NullVoid01

Can I have a sample of the command to get the hover tech to show in tech console cuz I tried /maketechavailable hover and the server responded with "Added hover to player's visible techs" and still not showing in the console

14. greenRAM

There's three hover techs, one for each body part: "hoverbody" "hoverlegs" and "hoverhead"

Each tech is split up into three and named like that.

15. ibigfire

Totally not a big deal. But if there's any chance of providing an option where only the appropriate techs are available for each slot, that would be awesome. It's a bit messy with everything available in every slot and it doesn't make as much sense to me for things like jump techs to be in the head.

That being said, I totally understand why people like the customization having every tech available in every slot provides, so it's not a big deal at all and I can just sort through the lists and try to only unlock techs that fit the right sections of the body for my character. Thank you.

16. NullVoid01

Just unlock the only techs you want to use. The purpose of all techs can be in every part of the body is the ability to fully customize the techs in your preference, that being said I can use three multi jumps 2.0 to jump x9 or multi jump 2.0, hover and air dash 2.0

17. NullVoid01

Eyy it works! thanks again :nurudapper:

18. greenRAM

Yeah, it was a compromise I made mostly based on frustration and laziness maybe. I don't hate how it turned out, but I feel like it's pretty messy too. Making two separate mods might be too much of a hassle if I want to keep working on this. There might be a more elegant solution though that would accommodate more people. I'll have to think about it.

19. ibigfire

Totally get it, and not a big deal. I wasn't sure what all would be involved, if it would just be a separate optional patch file, or if more work would be involved. If it's more work, then absolutely just forget about it and focus on keeping this one mod working great.

Thank you for all you're doing here.

20. ibigfire

So the full list of commands to make the new techs available to those that already had the mod installed is, I believe:

Code:
    /maketechavailable stickybody
    /maketechavailable stickyhead
    /maketechavailable stickylegs

/maketechavailable hoverbody
    /maketechavailable hoverhead
    /maketechavailable hoverlegs

/maketechavailable energyjumpbody
    /maketechavailable energyjumphead
    /maketechavailable energyjumplegs

/maketechavailable energyjumphoverbody
    /maketechavailable energyjumphoverhead