1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Hunting+ Wildfire v2.3.15

An overhaul to the hunting aspect of the game.

1. EclipticWulf

EclipticWulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

EclipticWulf updated Hunting+ Wildfire with a new update entry:

Hunger-Reducing Status Effect Removed, Monster Fixes, Altered Version Number

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. EclipticWulf

3. EclipticWulf

Misc Changes and a Halloween Event

4. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Here's a few pieces of advice:
    1. FIX THE SPRITES FOR THE KNIVES! It looks like you messed up when resizing the knives. This is an easy fix, but please do it, they look really weird and ugly right now.
    2. Make a larger difference between Iron weapons and Tungsten weapone, they look nearly identical. This could be fixed by making the Iron weapons darker and dirtier (like adding a little rust or grease stains)
    3. Chance the rainbow weapons. Sure, this may look good in some cases, but they don't really match the style that it appears you're going for. If you need some inspiration for the color palette of Solarium weapons, check out the Solarium Sword mod

Just a few thing that I spotted while looking at the mod page. If you don't wanna change these things, that's fine, it's your mod! This is all just my personal opinion on what'd look good, so it may be different from yours. All and all I really like what I've seen for the most part. Hunting stuffs in Starbound is kinda basic, so this mod adds things that Starbound really needs. Keep up the good work ;)

5. EclipticWulf

I appreciate the concerns but:
    1. They aren't changed. I literally took the Beta texture from my old mod (which was took right from the assets back then) and slapped it on a melee weapon. I didn't do any resizing. Their texture may be one of the reasons CF removed them in the first place, but I actually do like the texture.
    2. Vanilla doesn't have noticeable differences for both. I took an iron weapon and color-picked and recolored the iron knife, and I took a tungsten weapon and color-picked and recolored the tungsten knife. This isn't really my fault, and I understand "well this is a mod so it doesn't need to be like Vanilla" but I want it to be. I would make the iron one look rustier, but I want to keep the Beta texture for the original Hunting Knife (that was crafted with Iron).
    3. Exploration is a key aspect I'm going for with the mod. Rainbow Wood requires you visiting Desert planets otherwise you won't be able to make the weapon. This gives deserts a use near endgame. I also like to reflect the materials the item/weapon is made of as much as possible, so it's staying like that. Whether another mod has better textures or not. I'll leave it up to the community to provide a "fix" if they want to.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Waffle-Chan likes this.
  6. EclipticWulf

Event fixes

7. EclipticWulf

8. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Well, look at the mod page. The texture for the knives are awkwardly resized.

There is a difference between them. Check out the weapons for the Novakids! The tungsten weapons are lighter and such

9. EclipticWulf

1. Ah the pictures? That’s likely just due to how tooltips work. I just cropped around the main window.
    2. I’ll check it out again.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  10. EclipticWulf

11. EclipticWulf

Some Changes

12. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If that's not something I want to do then I'll just cheat in the resources, either through admin commands or a mod.

There's a whole branch of science dedicated to game theory which is mostly about making decisions.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  13. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

I like pretty much everything I see here in terms of the items and hunting mechanics but I would rather see the changes to the monsters themselves configurable or as a separate re balance add on.

Monsters have their old ranged skills, classic sounds (Okay)
    Rreduce your food bar upon hitting you (WTF Makes no sense) also (Dude have you seen the new food bar it's shorter than your health or power and depletes in 20 minutes without mods)
    Will be focused on attacking you for a longer time (Not optimal but not game breaking),
    and are always hostile (unless you are on a Garden Planet) (another WTF Makes no sense mechanic all planets will have biodiversity and a mix of predators, prey, hostile, and docile creatures)

This is kinda a deal-breaker for me I want improved hunting mechanics and trapping not a creature re balancing mod that drastically impacts the games difficulty level by increasing the number of things wanting to kill me.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  14. Darkralts

Darkralts Starship Captain

this mod overwrite the custom collectios for other mods and and it does not show them, I have FU and other mods whit custom collections and and this does not happen. the custom collections only shows this mod collections.

15. EclipticWulf

I’ve noted yor concerns. Thanks for sharing.
    Although the food bar no longer depletes upon getting hit, I’ve removed that.

I am aware. I am working on a patch as, unfortunately, since custom collections isn’t in the base game itself impossible not to do so.
    The collections are still in the game, you just can’t view them, so don’t worry about losing any progress.

16. EclipticWulf

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE THING IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING USER, I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES IF YOU DON’T

This version of the mod is staying Hunting+ Wildfire but losing many features because I have released a separate Intergalactic Wilds version that is everything you've played with so far.

If you just wish to have Hunting+ Wildfire and not Intergalactic Wilds, PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE UNINSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, then delete the old mod from your mods folder, and download this version - if you wish to keep all the features before, please go uninstall the old version of the mod and go dowload and install Intergalactic Wilds. PLEASE DO NOT HAVE BOTH INSTALLED, this may have unintentional side-effects.

I say to follow the instructions carefully because if any objects (such as the critter cages) are removed, it will make the location where the object was previously placed impossible to build on anymore (unless you use a mod like Invisible Hatch/Door Remover) and any status effects currently active on your character can corrupt your character completely.

Intergalactic Wilds will continue to contain all Hunting+ features (old and any new), have bonuses when installed with the future releases of Atomworks & Crystalworks, and get holiday events (the new Hunting+ will not get events or the corresponding items), so you don’t need to subscribe to both! For further information, please read the change note.

I hope you all find the version you prefer and thank you for using the mod!

Halloween event discontinued, Hunting+ Wildfire is splitting into two mods

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  17. EclipticWulf

Try the newest update on for size. It gets rid of pretty much all your gripes (well, and more because it's an inherited mod split, but still)

18. EclipticWulf

Fixes and Tweaks

19. EclipticWulf

Minor Tweaks and FU Compatibility Patch

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  20. Sonsalt

Sonsalt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The FU compatibility patch crashes the game for me.