Modding Help Single custom craftable switching to default in farmyard?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by tigergirl158, Nov 17, 2017.

1. tigergirl158

tigergirl158 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, this is kinda weird, but I have a custom scarecrow mod that I edited into the Craftables png. At the start of the day the custom scarecrow appears in my craftables menu with all my other custom craftables appearing as the default. When I leave my house and enter the farm, however, the scarecrow appears as the default while all my other modded craftables show as they should.

I have no idea what the cause of this could be. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

(I've included the png of the craftables sheet I'm using.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    • Arshness

Arshness Void-Bound Voyager

I don't see your png...
      But I was going to ask, where are you placing the Craftables.xnb?
      You are placing it in TileSheets, right?
      I have edited that file and mine works fine, so I'm trying to think what could cause this issue.

• tigergirl158

Whoops sorry, just added it to my post. And yes, I'm using XNB Loader and put it in TileSheets. Tried adding it to the original game folder, too, and it didn't work.

It's just strange because there's nothing strange about it, everything else works fine. Just this one thing switches out. I'm wondering if any other mod could be causing this issue, but none that I know of (that I'm using) affect scarecrows or craftables.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Have you tried backing up and replacing your default file with it instead? It might be a weird XNB Loader issue if it works that way, but not with the mod. If it works when you place the mod in the Content folder instead of XNB Loader, we'd probably have it narrowed down better.

• tigergirl158

Yeah, I tried putting my modded XNB into the original game folder and deleted it from XNBLoader for good measure, and I had the same issue with all the craftables showing in the crafting menu until I left the house, and then just the scarecrow was replaced with the default.

I'm gonna try destroying all my scarecrows and then saving -> next day and see if maybe that's the issue, although I've got other craftables already out and they seem fine.

• Arshness

Arshness Void-Bound Voyager

All I can see on the png is maybe the scarecrow is a little too far to the left? It looks a teensy bit off-center to my eyes, but I could be wrong without overlaying it with the original to check. I usually use the poles as a guide.
              Regardless, I can't understand why that would make it swap back to the other image. If you've replaced the Content file, it doesn't make sense for it to be pulling that image out at all. It shouldn't have access to it anymore.
              Maybe it's something to do with your packing of the file? Are you using XNB Packer? I find it is very easy and succinct tool. If it's another program, maybe try a different packer?

• tigergirl158

It does look slightly to the left but I checked it with the original sheet again just now and it lines up. But you're right, it shouldn't be swapping in the first place. I replaced a few more scarecrows aside from just the regular one and none of them show up. I tried crafting a scarecrow while it was showing as the modded one in the house and it came out fine in my inventory, but changed to the regular one as soon as I left the house.

I use XNB Kit and XNB Extract by drogean. Do you mean I should try getting the PNG and .yaml file from another program and put them back together?

This is just so weird, the fact that it's just swapping in the farm yard makes me think something else must be at work here but I have no clue what it could be. I don't think any of my other mods affect scarecrows :S

Edit: didn't work, replacing the original file didn't work, destroying them all didn't work. and ALL scarecrows are showing up perfectly fine until they're switched to default. this is so weird T_T

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
                • shann13

shann13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

By any chance, are you using a seasonal immersion mod? I was having this same problem, until l figured out that the seasonal immersion mod I'm using includes craftable pngs that override the xnb files. I had to unzip the content pack for the seasonal mod, edit the scarecrows I wanted onto the spring/summer/fall/winter outdoor craftable sheets, re-zip it, and drop that into the mod folder, if that makes sense.

• tigergirl158

I AM using one :O Thanks, I'll look into it!

Edit: IT WORKED!!!! Thank you so much! :) <3

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017