Modding Help Dialogue Mod Heart Event Bug

Discussion in 'Mods' started by glowy, Nov 19, 2017.

1. glowy

glowy Title Not Found

Hello! Some of you might remember me, but for those who don't, I'm creating a dialogue mod for all the marriage candidates to add more depth to their romances. I have Elliott's dialogue published and playtesting happening for Sam, Sebastian, Alex, and Harvey. (If you'd like to check out the rest of the mod, please give my dev blog a visit!)

Sam was the first character I released for playtesting quite a while ago, and I'd really like to publish him. However, I've received several reports of a game-breaking bug that is preventing me from doing so... and I have no idea what could be causing it.

At least three people have experienced the bug and one said they solved it by reverting to the original dialogue file, so it's definitely because of my mod. Here is the best description I've received:
    "During the 2-heart scene where Sam asks you which genre of music the band should play, choosing any of the options created an infinite loop where the question simply kept popping up over and over and I had to force quit out."

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I know that Sam's responses for that heart event are located within his general dialogue file, but I certainly didn't change them (I've just finished comparing my backup file with my edited version and there was nothing different between the two with those lines) and the rest of the heart event isn't accessible from the dialogue file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Sabreene

Sabreene Astral Cartographer

Hi there! I haven't tested it yet, but I can later tonight. I think if you add more event numbers in, it should work. I had done that when I was playing with his dialogue a while back, and then I'm pretty positive that ssr66's Sam's dialogue mod has all four listed too. Hope that helps !!

Like this:

Event_band1: "Hey, you know what? That's exactly the kind of style I've been thinking about... for the band." #!String
      Event_band2: "Hey, you know what? That's exactly the kind of style I've been thinking about... for the band." #!String
      Event_band3: "Hey, you know what? That's exactly the kind of style I've been thinking about... for the band." #!String
      Event_band4: "Hey, you know what? That's exactly the kind of style I've been thinking about... for the band." #!String

• glowy

glowy Title Not Found

Oh, thank you! I'll modify my file with that and give it a shot. It's super weird that that would work, but sometimes code is just like that... ;v;