1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gunsmith's Weaponry

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by D.M.G., Dec 18, 2016.

1. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Uuuuh
    Alright, I'll trry, but that may take a lil' bit of time, as last time I had quite a bit of problems with custom armors
    Whaddya wanna this amo to be based on?

2. Zelestir

Zelestir Seal Broken

Hey, I figured out how to change weapon parts. At least for guns, this works for (from what I have tested) : Assaultrifles, Sniperrifles, Shotguns, Rocket launchers. I have not tried it with pistols but I'm pretty sure it works given the right part name.

Here's the code for my rifle in case you care to examine it. The only thing I haven't figured out how to do with this, is offset the parts. Currently experimenting with that now.

Code:
    /spawnitem rareassaultrifle 1 '{"shortdescription":"SA-58","level":10,"seed":115,"animationParts":{"middle":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/assaultrifle/middle/5.png","barrel":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/assaultrifle/barrel/4.png"},"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/gun/plasma_ar1.ogg"]}},"elementalType":"poison","primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"plasma1","fireType":"burst","burstCount":2,"baseDps":60,"fireTime":0.01,"cooldownTime":0.1,"inaccuracy":0.02,"energyUsage":800,"projectileCount":1,"projectileParamters":{"speed":100,"power":15.5,"knockback":10}},"altAbilityType":"markedshot","altAbility":{"projectileType":"plasma1","inaccuracy":0.05,"baseDps":30,"fireTime":0.6,"energyUsage":100,"projectileCount":1,"projectileParameters":{"speed":100,"power":10,"knockback":15.5}},"rarity":"legendary"}'

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I'll take a look this weekend, ain't got access to my steam account currently ^^

4. SilverCatChuckles?

SilverCatChuckles? Void-Bound Voyager

Hmmmm i cant think of anything for the armor to be based on so just surPIEs me *insert image of pie here*

5. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

How would one make a shotgun with continual beams? With a secondary that shoots slow homing missiles?

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Alrighty. Just tell me what race you prefer

I can make you that by the end of the week (ain't got access to my computer right now)

7. Zelestir

Zelestir Seal Broken

I cannot wait to see this shotgun thing.

8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Altho, for the homing missile subfire, I can make that but for some reason I cannot get the projectile to be homing

9. Zelestir

Zelestir Seal Broken

I've been having trouble changing shotgun projectiles period.

10. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Whaddya mean?

11. Zelestir

Zelestir Seal Broken

Well going from what I know, from experimenting so far. Using "primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"insert projectile type"} doesn't change shotgun projectiles, even doing the parameters, I can't change the number of projectiles either.

12. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Aaaah, I see
    Welp, I don't use the same line as you do, which means, although I can't choose precisely how the gun'll look like, I can alter pretty much anything else

13. Zelestir

Zelestir Seal Broken

Still can't wait to see it!

14. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Just wait till this weekend :D

15. Zelestir

Zelestir Seal Broken

I figured it out :p

can change projectileCount, Type, and everything else.

Code:
    /spawnitem rareshotgun 1 '{"shortdescription":"M1014","level":10,"seed":111,"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/gun/plasma_shotgun3.ogg"]}},"rarity":"legendary","elementalType":"poison","primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"plasma1","inaccuracy":0.04,"projectileCount":8,"fireTime":0.06,"baseDps":40,"energyUsage":600,"projectileParamters":{"speed":100,"power":15,"knockback":10}},"altAbilityType":"flashlight"}'

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  16. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Then again ya got the codes in this thread x)

17. Zelestir

Zelestir Seal Broken

Some of it, mhmm.

I'm still having issues doing part offset's though. Everything I have tried so far just hasn't worked. I can change the weapon parts, but not their positions.

18. SilverCatChuckles?

SilverCatChuckles? Void-Bound Voyager

The character i use the most is human.
    Their dialog makes them seem extremely dumb though
    SO the developers got it spot on ^-^

19. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

If you tell me what damage, rate of fire, and element you want the weapon to be, sure

20. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I can also provide these data in the codeline :D

Human, heh? Alrighty

Waffle-Chan likes this.