Modding Help Custom Furniture Rotation Broken?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by frootzcat, Dec 8, 2017.

1. frootzcat

frootzcat Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there. I'm trying to make my own CustomFurniture pack, but I've already run into an odd issue. I'm trying to make a bench, and while the first three rotations work flawlessly... the back never comes out right, no matter how I configure it.

Right now I've got it set to:
    Code:
    {
      "furniture": [
        {
          "id": 0,
          "texture": "111.png",
          "name": "Medium Bench",
          "description": "A nice wooden bench.",
          "type": "bench",
          "price": 100,
          "index": 0,
          "width": 2,
          "height": 3,
          "boxWidth": 2,
          "boxHeight": 2,
          "rotations": 4,
        }
      ]
    }
    And yet it comes out garbled. (Ignore the white, I'll fix the transparency later)
    [​IMG]

But it doesn't seem to just be me, for example, the bath tub in the Monteso's Bathroom (standalone) is configured as...
    Code:
    {
                "id": 0,
                "texture": "Monteso'sBathroomFurniture.png",
                "name": "Clawfoot Bathtub",
                "description": "A classy white clawfoot tub.",
                "type": "bench",
                "price": 2000,
                "index": 0,
                "width": 2,
                "height": 2,
                "boxWidth": 2,
                "boxHeight": 1,
                "rotations": 4,
            },
    And comes out as...
    [​IMG]

Any ideas if this can be fixed, or is it a bug with the mod?

• Savertin

Savertin Void-Bound Voyager

I've worked with the Mod and it has its difficulties but at least I've got the furniture working. Please make sure you use PNGs with transparent backgrounds. You also don't need the comma after ""rotations": 4," of you first example. For the second example I'm not quite sure. In your png-file. Do you really use 4 different styles for your bench? You only need three. First the front, second the left side and third the backsite. The Mod or the game itself does the fourth rotation on its own. It's not necessary to include it in the png.

frootzcat likes this.
      • shardie

shardie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Unfortunately, it's a bug of the latest versions of the mod. Until we hear more from the author, a workaround is to "split the rotations" in two separate codes+pngs (one has horizontal rotation, the other has vertical one) thus having to buy two separate items, or switch them in the mod each time you want to rearrange.

(The OP already said they'll fix the transparency, but it's easy to miss as it's in between the code box and the image.)
        For some reason, the mod rotation code (and I'm assuming the game's as well?) does not work if you put 3, only 1,2 and 4 (I tried, as I also use this mod). I'm assuming the 4 is to make the mod "remember" to mirror the vertical rotation. Unfortunately, as I wrote above it worked in an erlier version, but it's currently broken. Need to wait for the author.

frootzcat likes this.
        • frootzcat

frootzcat Void-Bound Voyager

No, just the three. I was trying to re-position things to see if I could get it to function a little better, no such luck!

@shardie - Thanks for the information!