Chat The Nep Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaede Grimwater, Oct 4, 2016.

?

Fighting in HDD can be exhausting. Which of the CPUs do you think can maintain HDD the longest?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2016.
  1. Neptune

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Noire

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Vert

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Blanc

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

That was my plan.

MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  2. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

Thanks for the welcome back ^^

3. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

(Has it actually been long enough to count for Necro'ing at this point? Curious...)

Friendly reminder (for PS4 peeps) that Cyberdimension releases Tuesday, the 10th of this month.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It's ontopic so everything's fine :p

Unfortunately i don't have a ps4..

~ Iris ~

MilkCalf, Ruin and Jimlad 42 like this.
  5. Silverduke1

*hugs*

6. Iris Blanche

uhm uhm uhm.... *hugs*

~ Iris ~

MilkCalf, Jimlad 42 and Merithor like this.
  7. Silverduke1

:rofl:DDD sorry i tend to hug and pat people on the head when they get upset/seem upset to me ^^:

MilkCalf, Jimlad 42 and Iris Blanche like this.
  8. Iris Blanche

It's okay ^-^ it was just a bit surprising that's all ^-^

~ Iris ~

MilkCalf, Merithor and Jimlad 42 like this.
  9. Silverduke1

i understand against still sorry ^^:

10. Silverduke1

seriously no one has posted since october o.o this chat is a lot less active then it used to be :rofl:

MilkCalf, Jimlad 42 and Ruin like this.
  11. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Yeah, it's a shame. There's only so much Nep to go around, and the newest release isn't out on PC yet. I'd imagine this will pick up a small amount again when 4GO releases for PC, but it likely won't last long.

It's not like we had a lot of people in this chat anyway. Nep isn't super popular outside Japan (not that it's even that popular there, in comparison).

I've personally been watching the thread, but there's just nothing to discuss, really. I'd like it if the chat were to come back, but it mainly seems like people have moved on.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Silverduke1, MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  12. Silverduke1

yeah its sad but nothing to be done about it, was a fun chat just to talk to others who like similar things.

[​IMG]
    found this on facebook too funny

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2017
    Ruin, MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  13. Iris Blanche

DAT DOUBLEPOST OWO *fixes it*

i remember that scene somehow tho.....

~ Iris ~

14. Silverduke1

thankies Iris-san

MilkCalf, Jimlad 42 and Iris Blanche like this.
  15. Iris Blanche

Is there already any date known for the pc release of 4 goddesses? w.w i wanna play iiiiit qq

~ Iris ~

MilkCalf, Silverduke1 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  16. Silverduke1

according to wikipedia no, its still Quarter 1-2 of 2018 :(

17. Iris Blanche

a shaaaaaame qq RIOT :viking::viking::viking::viking:

~ Iris ~

MilkCalf, Silverduke1 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  18. Silverduke1

*joins the riot cause i can*

MilkCalf, Iris Blanche and Jimlad 42 like this.
  19. Merithor

Merithor Pangalactic Porcupine

Sometime February is what they say.
    Even though it's a spin-off, SuperDimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls is kinda different.
    All I can say in terms of awkward difficulty on fights is
    SCREW SATURN. LIKE SERIOUSLY. WHY. THEY GOT EVERYOTHER FIGHT RIGHT AND THEN THIS CAT COMES IN AND LITERALLY DEGRADES YOUR LIFE TO PASTE. 30 LEVELS DIFFERENCE JUST TO TAKE HER ON PROPERLY.

But with the stuff they have here and what they have from other games, they should be able to start reducing some repetition that will invigorate the series. Also including 4GO, I hope that goes well.

20. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

As someone who Platinum'd 4GO on PS4 (if you're unaware, that just means all the trophies/achievements) I have to say the game is over-all very solid.

The game is a lot of fun, and is by far the most polished Nep spin-off yet. So polished it's smoother than the Re;Birth games (still love RB, of course). If you're not into ARPGs, it'll get a little repetitive for you, but every character plays differently, so you're likely to find one that gels with you. Much more-so than AU or Zombies, likely because 4GO is actually a proper ARPG this time around, rather than a musou (Warriors) like the previous two.

There are very little bugs or problems with the game. I didn't have any crashes, and the game only hangs (frame drops) a tiny amount when you first enter a stage. Just don't move for a second or two, and you'll be fine.

When it comes to characters, I think they did something really smart this time around. Instead of the Candidates being just flat weaker than the CPUs, they're now skill-based trade-off characters in terms of playstyle. Rom (for example) might be a melee character with poor defense and HP, but... she's also a walking blender. Think along that line. (Granted, if you've seen all the trailers, you know about the "other four". While they are flat stronger, they're also Jills-Of-All-Trades, and don't excel at any style.)

The biggest issue I have with it is the difficulty. Despite being someone who prefers easier games, I'm also someone with a lot of ARPG experience, it being my favorite genre. Even for someone like me, the near-end enemies start becoming trucks/sponges, and the bosses become nightmares if you're not ready to employ some cheaper or advanced tactics. There's also some multiplayer exclusive stuff, which is a negative point, but thankfully none of it's rewards are actually exclusive. Nor do you ever need to do them for trophies/achievements.

The game doesn't have replay value, per-se, but I liked it so much that I started a new file immediately after completing it. Which is something I can only otherwise say for Re;Birth1. I will also warn you that you only have one save slot. If you're waiting on the PC release, then this obviously isn't as big of a deal.

All in all, I think it's one of the better games I've ever played. Truly a good game. I have a fundamental disdain for review "scores", so I won't give it one, but you can assume what I would give it from what I just said. It's a game worth waiting for. I wish the rest of you luck with dealing with the delayed release.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017