RELEASED Shardie's overhaul - Basic CP conversion done linked in thread - Future works will be on Nexusmods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by shardie, Dec 24, 2016.

1. MissFubar

MissFubar Void-Bound Voyager

If you posted the png files for both furniture types I (or someone else) could try making the json for custom furniture (if that is something you would want :p ) anyways lovely stuff!

• shardie

shardie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank for for the appreciation and the offer! :DD However...

...I wanted to keep this a secret a bit longer, :X as I still need to finish some things (this and real life things are the reason of my recent disappearence, sorry!) , but might as well reveal that I actually (somewhat) learned how to use the Custom Furniture Mod, :cool: and you wouldn't believe how much fun I've been having with it, especially while testing its limits with both item size and rotations... (insert evil laugh ) :giggle:

Still, I need more time to practice, as it can be rather finicky with what it allows you to do, plus it has that table bug where you can't put anything on them, but it's still a great mod to work with!

I think I'll manage to release some of my furniture for it at the end of this week, although it'll be on nexus as it's easier to keep track of what I made on it. xD

Thanks again, and I'll be posting something soon (hopefully)!

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Really great work! I was looking to see if you had any computers in there (I always try to have at least one). I really like the radio too, very cute!

• Bepsi

Bepsi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Amazing work, OP.

• Raiyna

Raiyna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, this is an awesome mod!! I super love the color palette and can't wait for more. I have just one small problem: All colors seem to have been changed except for the actual buildings themselves. So my house, the coop/barn/silo/etc... I've even unpacked the .xnb files and checked myself if they were the correct .png files, and it's still not changing. What's even more weird is that I had it working a few attempts ago (while figuring something else out), but now they aren't showing up.

I've put the building files in Content\Buildings (including houses.xnb)

I even put houses.xnb into just the \Content\ and \Content\Maps to see if that would help, and still nothing. Any ideas?

Edit: Yeah, I'm not sure what the problem is. I even reverted back to the original SDV files and the first thing I did was put in this mod. For whatever reason, the buildings aren't being re-colored. :( I'm starting to wonder if I was hallucinating when I saw it work the one time...

I don't have anything else installed that alters the buildings. I DID have some before, but I've since verified integrity of my game and re-installed mods (had a problem entering skull mines earlier today). Like I said, I'm 99% sure the buildings changed color for me a bit ago while I was testing out other mods, but I haven't seen them change since...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
            • shardie

I just re-downloaded and installed the buildings and they work fine (and you only need to replace the xnb in the \Buildings folder), and I have mods installed (excluding the Seasonal Immersion one, of course).
              The only way I believe they won't work for you is if you have the Seasonal Immersion mod with a content pack installed or if you use XNBLoader with files installed to avoid overwriting the original .xnb files (thus ignoring the change you made in said original files).
              If you have already tried reverting to vanilla SW without any mods installed and they still don't work, I really don't know what to tell you, I'm truly sorry... :(

(Also, uh, sorry for disappearing again, having some trouble with things, will try to come back as soon as I can. Again, my apologizes.)

• Raiyna

Raiyna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found the problem, actually! After doing some digging thru Google searches, I found other people were having problems with their building textures showing up as well...when they had the Seasonal Immersion SMAPI mod installed. And that's exactly what the problem is! I'm currently looking around for a fix, but it's 100% the issue. I had every other mod installed with your textures and they loaded fine, and as soon as I plopped in SI, they reverted back to their original colors.

• thewapakalypse

thewapakalypse Void-Bound Voyager

This is amazing. Any future recolors (in chocolate) to the cellar? I'd love for it to match everything else! :)

• Heather36782

Heather36782 Master Chief

When I download the walls and floors, I only get one file? Not content and one map? Please help!! I am obsessed with this collection. It is absolutely everything...I am in love.

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

If it's the walls_and_floors.xnb file, that's all you need for wallpaper. You do need to put it in two places though (same file, however) - copy and paste it to your Content Folder (as is, not in a folder) and again in Conten > Maps.

• Heather36782

Thank you! I finally figured it out. I am going to try the other stuff now. Fingers crossed...The town interior stuff? I am always afraid to crash my games by putting things in the wrong folder. I am learning to back up everything, but I use a lot of dialogue mods and portrait mods and such and it is such a pain to put all those back in after I crash it. Sigh...I am learning though. Thank you for going out of your way to be so helpful. It is awesome :D and it is crap that a lot of people aren't like that anymore.

.Lavender. likes this.
                        • .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

Glad to help! Do you have XNB Loader? It helps a ton since you don't have to overwrite anything. I like it too because it helps me remember what I've already modded - if I put an Abigail dialogue mod in and it asks me to replace, then I know I already had one.

• Heather36782

I don't have it. I will have to try it. Everytime I overwrite anything, I cringe and close my eyes until the game has loaded without all the dreaded red lines....red lines!!!!
                            haha... And then I breathe a huge sigh of relief....

• Vahdin

Vahdin Void-Bound Voyager

Am I missing something? Nothing wants to work.. example: I've wanted the white wood (outlines) for my farm, but replacing farmhouse_tiles both in the content folder and the map folder didn't give me the white.. however, half of my kitchen is now white... :(

• mowepana

mowepana Space Hobo

hello, this all looks amazing ^^
                                also i might be late and idk if it's not meant to work or not anymore
                                but my game doesn't open anymore
                                and there's no instructions ahh
                                and i simply am incapable of doing anything without clear instructions
                                please help;;;;

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

I've made CP conversion of 4 out of 6 xnb files, posted here.

@shardie , if you want me to take down that conversion, please tell. Also, feel free to takeover & claim the conversion.

• shardie

As I said in the other thread, I was -slowly- working on these to make them CP compatible and upload them to the nexus (I'm Shardust on there), just waiting to finish them before posting the news, but I do appreciate the conversion since it's gonna take a while still! You can keep this up, while I'll keep doing my own since it'll make it compatible with other mods that change the farmhouse/towninterior and such (that's why it's slow-going)! Thanks again! :D

pepoluan likes this.
                                    • azurejpg

azurejpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I noticed in the first picture that you included a set of bookshelves containing bottles and stuff with a type of glass casing over them (the bookshelves at the bottom left corner of the bedroom) but I don't really see them anywhere in the furniture png files? I probably just suck at finding things, but do you know where the bookshelves with the glass cases are located? This is a really gorgeous mod, and the designs of the furniture and wallpaper and flooring are absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for all of the hard work being put into this mod!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

The various cases with glass fronts containing bottles and stuff are in the first furniture sets she lists, either the blue/pink/gold or green/red/gold - there are no pictures of these 2 files, just the first house pic.

• azurejpg

azurejpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I found it now! Thank you for the fast response and wonderful help, I really appreciate it!