Modding Help How do i slightly edit a ship's appearence? (I want to change upgrade 6 of apex ship to black)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ayd4n, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Ayd4n

Ayd4n Void-Bound Voyager

I am a glitch in the game but i have a mod that gives glitch the apex ship. Im at upgrade 5 right now and the furthest im gonna go is upgrade 6 so i really want to get upgrade 6 in black. (this is upgrade 6: https://starbounder.org/File:Apex_Ship_Upgrade_6.png) i know how to make the ship black once i find the file i need to edit to do so, but i dont know where that file is or how to apply the black ship to my game after i edit it. Thanks.

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

The easiest way is to keep the same path and filename as the file you intend to replace.

3. Ayd4n

Ayd4n Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, i know, but i dont know where the file is that i need to edit.

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I had assumed you already unpacked the game assets. Do that. Looking at vanilla assets is step 1 before making your first mod.

You will find /ships/apex/
    inside you'd probably want to replace apexT6.png and apexT6lit.png

5. Ayd4n

Ayd4n Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks. I do have it unpacked, but when i went to /ships/apex a few days ago, it only showed two of the upgrades, the first and second i think, which is why i thought upgrade 6 might be somewhere else. I am not home right now so i can't check, but ill check when i get home on friday, and ill let you know.

6. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

If it didn't have them all, then it didn't fully unpack or you looked through before it had finished. If it still doesn't have them, then re-unpack the assets. It can take a bit.

7. Ayd4n

Ayd4n Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you, ill try to unpack it again.