RELEASED Easier fishing

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by steffjes, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@SILKYM You need to click your left mouse button I believe. Yes, it is called a bobber. If fishing is very difficult for you because of visual problems, there is another option, although it's cheat-y.

CJB Cheats Menu (source) gives you an option under Farm & Fishing to remove the mini-game entirely. You would just need to wait for the fishing bobber to make a sound and pull. For me, it is easier to click once I hear the vibrating sound the fishing bobber makes than waiting on a visual cue from my character.

The cheat menu also offers an option to cause instant bites as well, which you can toggle instead if you want to try your hand at the mini-game. You would not be able to miss catching a fish, outside of failing the mini-game, so there is still some form of challenge.

• toxiclunch

toxiclunch Orbital Explorer

Remember, to be able to download the updated version, you must make an account. This is because the new modder didn't think to use dropbox like the original modder did. *Exasperated Sigh*

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Not that making an account here is all that hard, to be honest. It is, however, MUCH easier for me to just update here as needed rather than going through some 3rd-party website.

Is it really that difficult to make an account here, that people feel that it's such a bad thing?

• CherryYoo

CherryYoo Orbital Explorer

the mod is not working on mine :( I feel get irritated on fishing in this game so I keep trying to search the easy mod but they aren't still working T_T

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Are you using the English version of the game?

If not, sadly, the mod will not work.

EDIT: OH! I just realized that this isn't even on my mod... go here:

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/easier-fishing-standalone-1-1.4226/

Try this mod instead.

The mod on this thread is outdated as it was released before the game added 2 new fish. Mine's updated, however it will only work on the English version of the game.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
            • CherryYoo

Yes I use the English version.

However, I downloaded the fish mod and replaced with the original one but how many times I tried it out it didn't work :(

I tried out to replace the file as 'fish.xnb' first but I tried out replacing it as 'fish.es-ES.xnb' too.

se

• CherryYoo

Because changing the easy mod as 'fish.xnb' is not working, I tried changing the name as 'fish.es-ES.xnb' either
                ause

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Changing it to fish.es-ES.xnb will not work, because the game is expecting a specific format.

Basically, all of the files that are NOT "fish.xnb" have an extra field in them, having to do with translations.

It looks something like this:

number|nameoffish|season|strength|type|

in Fish.xnb.

In the other languages' Fish.xnb, it looks like this:

number|nameoffish|season|strength|type|translatednameoffish|

Note the extra variable on the end.

Without this variable, your game will hard crash, because it's expecting a value, and it's getting null instead.

And are you sure you renamed it to Fish.xnb and not Fish.xnb.xnb? Could you please open a command prompt (shift+right click inside of the correct folder) and type dir /w and go to Paint and then Paste, save, and upload to imgur (you can crop the rest of the image, I just need to see the Command Prompt window).

And you used my easier fishing mod and not this one, correct?

• CherryYoo

Oh I just reinstalled the game again and erased the original fish.xnb. Then I applied that the fishing mod file and it works! Thanks for your comments a lot! :)

• GamesGammy

GamesGammy Space Hobo

Jeg vil gerne havde en hvor den selv trak fisk op også og man ikke behøver alt det med fiskeri

• Firstborn Dragon

Firstborn Dragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dose this work on the beta or not because of the new fish? I really miss this mod.

• sabrinatw

sabrinatw Phantasmal Quasar

I’m finding no issue in using it in beta at the moment for general use, but haven’t tested catching the new fish yet.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

sabrinatw likes this.
                          • Firstborn Dragon

Firstborn Dragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah thanks! Fishing is nearly impossible without it.

• Pookachu_

Pookachu_ Void-Bound Voyager

Wondering if you can put this on the Twitch app for easier installation. Windows 10 is a nightmare and it is making all my xnb files into wordpad and nothing works except the one mod i have loaded from twitch. Here is the link to the twitch app:
                              https://app.twitch.tv/download

thanks.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Try the link I posted above the post before yours. You don't have to rename anything, you just drag&drop files.

• Pookachu_

Pookachu_ Void-Bound Voyager

Thank worked! thanks so much finally caught that dreaded crimsonfish.

• nyki_97

nyki_97 Aquatic Astronaut

I downloaded your current up to date easier fishing mod (http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/easier-fishing-standalone-1-1.4226/) I then ended up downloading the easiest fishing mod, via this link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5f87ndr17uclhgm/Fish.xnb?dl=0) and my game has begun to glitch. Shane no longer has a schedule, and he appears to be trapped in Marnie’s kitchen. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game, but nothing has fixed it. I no longer have the mod installed but this doesn’t appear to have fixed the error. Have you heard anything about this? Is there a way to reverse it?

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

There's nothing in the easier fishing mod that should interact with anybody's schedule. All the fishing mod does is tweak some numbers that change how hard the fish is to catch.

Your problems with the NPCs are most likely caused by another mod, or if you are using the beta, a bug. I would see if someone can help you over in the save files thread in Support.

Also that dropbox link is an outdated mod, the game will crash anytime you try to fish any of the newer fish that were added after the game's release... the current Easier Fishing (Standalone) mod has both easier and "super easier" so there's no need to do that dropbox link at all.

• JohnyAngelo

JohnyAngelo Void-Bound Voyager

Update for 1.4.1 would be handy.