RELEASED UnofficialSkeleton's portrait mod

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by unofficialskeleton, Jan 11, 2018.

1. unofficialskeleton

unofficialskeleton Master Chief

This is a mod that replaces the villagers and other NPC's portraits created by me.
    [​IMG]
    ☽–☆–––––––––––––––––––☁︎––––––––––––––––––☆–☾
    As for now, only 10 villagers have been edited, them being the following:
    • Abigail
    • Caroline
    • Emily
    • Haley
    • Jas
    • Jodi
    • Leah
    • Maru
    • Pam
    • Penny
    How to download:

1. Download Platonymous's Portraiture Mod and follow the instructions
    2. Download the zip file, and extract the folder with the portraits in to Portraiture > Portraits
    3. Launch the game as normal and enjoy the portraits!
    Update:

January 11th 2018:

Abigail, Caroline, Emily, Haley, Jas, Jodi, Leah, Maru, Pam and Penny added

Update:

January 15th 2018:
    Alex, Bouncer, Clint, Dwarf, Evelyn, Marnie and Krobus added
    [​IMG]

Abigail getting a slight update.
    [​IMG]

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1763 Download here

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • DungeonRyu

DungeonRyu Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, these are definitely unique and interesting looking portraits. It's quite refreshing since almost all unique alternatives are anime-style.
      I have a comment if I may. The upper lip on Abigail looks kinda weird. Maybe it's a good idea to shift a "step" from the center. She also has lower eyelashes and they kinda merge with three thingies above the nose(I guess this is a shadow), cause they are of the same color. I think if you lighten them, it would look a bit better.

This is not a suggestion or critic, just a thought.
      [​IMG]

I've also got a question. Which algorithm did you use to enlarge your sprite for the front image. Was it nearest neighbour?

Attached Files:

• A.png
          A.png
          File size:
          27.3 KB
          Views:
        Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
        unofficialskeleton likes this.
      • unofficialskeleton

I have one thing I really want to say to you: THANK YOU SO MUCH! I always knew something was off with Abigail, but it was hard to pinpoint. She was the first sprite I was working in, and I think that really shows. I'll fix that during the next update. Thanks for the feedback.

As for the second question, I just enlarged the actual photo itself and used nearest neighbour to make sure it would pixelate even more. Easily done on Photoshop.

Anyway, thank you so much for the feedback!

• DungeonRyu

@unofficialskeleton
          Glad to help :)
          Just noticed another thing (it was not obvious on the big portrait, but it is noticeable on the original), her eyebrows and upper eyelashes interlace, giving them a dripping look. There is nothing like this on the other portraits. The gap between and an upper eyelash and an eyebrow on the other characters looks cleaner and softer.

btw, it's not neccessary to install portrature, you can also use XnbLoader.

unofficialskeleton likes this.
          • DungeonRyu

Well, Pam's forehead is the same size as Penny's, Haley's and a little bigger than Emily's. Pam just has less hair covering it and it is a front portrait.
            As for Caroline, personally I like this one, further positioned eyes gives her more mature look.

• unofficialskeleton

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been really busy these last couple of weeks but I will gladly inform everyone that I'm still working on this mod and that I have no plans on discontinuing it. <3

Thanks everyone for the lovely feedback, I'm really happy to see how nice this modding community is.

• zachstonerock2012

zachstonerock2012 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't wait for the finished product. By far the best looking portrait set I've seen.

• Shidonii

Shidonii Void-Bound Voyager

These are LITERALLY my favorite portraits. They're fun, unique but still give the Stardew vibe and I'm honestly living for it.
                  Is there a possibility of you converting these to content patcher? And do you think there's a possibility for seasonal outfits?

• gashapon

gashapon Big Damn Hero

Pleeeaaaase tell me these are still being worked on! I absolutely LOVE them!!

I never post anything here, but I love these so much ;-;