1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your favourite and least favourite races?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BlazingPaladin, Jan 10, 2018.

?

Glitch FTW?

1. Yes.

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. YES!

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  1. BlazingPaladin

BlazingPaladin Void-Bound Voyager

Greetings, I have been wondering what peoples favourite races and least favourite races are. (BTW modded races count, but preferably I'd like to hear Vanilla races.) For me, I honestly don't know why, I just dislike Apexs. It's really strange actually. I just dislike them for some reason. As for my favourite race, Glitch FTW. "Sincere. I hope I haven't offended any monkeys."
    EDIT: As for modded races, I'd say its a close call between Orcana and Draconis, as the Orcana feel like something vanilla, not modded, and fit seamlessly. The Draconis however, add so much stuff that it really feels like a mod, even though it is really cool, it doesnt fit. As for least favourite, I'd have to say the Felins as they just don't fit with me, especially cuz I'm a really big dog person.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Needie likes this.
  2. Moriane

Moriane Aquatic Astronaut

My favorite/least favorite for vanilla races are Floran/Apex. My favorite/least favorite modded races (which I prefer) are Nightar/Avali.

3. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Dude, I think your poll glitched out.

Grifs, SickSix, Roselle and 2 others like this.
  4. BlazingPaladin

"Amused. That is a good joke." :rofl:

5. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am fond of Novakid, also like Glitch and Floran. Humans are okay but barely have a presence, Hylotl feel a bit too Asian inspired and could use a more unique touch. I don't care much for Avian mostly because their temples are a pain to clear out. Apex feel like the design never really went past "1984, but with apes."

6. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

fav: 541564% floran
    i dont care about humans or hylotls that much but i dont dislike them

7. 433luke

433luke Subatomic Cosmonaut

Humans are my favorite race, because human superiority. My least favorite race is the Hylotl, because hatred.

8. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

favorite race is glitch, cause medieval robots
    least favorite race is avians, because reasons (I have actual reasons if anyone cares)

9. 433luke

What ARE your reasons fine sir?

10. BlazingPaladin

Yes, we care.

11. burningvshadow

burningvshadow Void-Bound Voyager

#AllLivesMatter

12. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

if you ever played spore, in the space stage there is a type of empire called zealots that will constantly demand money to not attack you, so I murder all of them. the avian society is extremely zealous (part of it anyways) so I associate them together.
    yes my hatred of avians is completely irrational

13. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I'm personally a Human player, since they go so well with the dirty, decayed post-apocalyptic style I usually go for. Culturally, however, I think I prefer Hylotl and/or Novakid.

14. 433luke

That isn't irrational, that's a justified and logical preemptive strike.

cooltv27 likes this.
  15. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

My favourite race is Floran. I've literally only played Floran characters. I made a novakid once (because they're cool too) but didn't get very far.

Least favourite race doesn't really exist. I don't dislike any of the races.

16. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

My favourite race used to be floran, but then I started playing humans because they look good in almost all the vanity hats, so now my favourites are tied.

Least favourite is apex. I will never, never play an apex.

17. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My favorite are Avians then Novakids and least favorite I would say human cause well you know... humans

Needie likes this.
  18. SickSix

SickSix Lucky Number 13

My favorite has always been Glitch. I just love everything about them.

My least favorite races are probably Floran and Hyltol.

19. Zaxy Trescothik

Zaxy Trescothik Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure on a vanilla favorite race, but with both vanilla and modded races, my favorite would have to be Felin, I just love them. My least favorite would have to be Florans, not too fond of those plant people with a thirst for blood, especially when they're eating you.

Needie and BlazingPaladin like this.
  20. 433luke

But Florans make good medics and soldiers, don't tell me you would turn down a medic if they were a Floran...