Chat The Nep Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaede Grimwater, Oct 4, 2016.

?

Fighting in HDD can be exhausting. Which of the CPUs do you think can maintain HDD the longest?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2016.
  1. Neptune

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Noire

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Vert

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Blanc

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

she's a goddess she probably doesn't abide by the same biology humans do.

Iris Blanche, Jimlad 42 and MilkCalf like this.
  2. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Now we have to figure out how to make Iris a goddess.

Iris Blanche and Jimlad 42 like this.
  3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

i like that ideaX3

Jimlad 42 and MilkCalf like this.
  4. Silverduke1

why not turn everyone in the chat into Goddesses.

5. Merithor

Merithor Pangalactic Porcupine

>_>
    That'd be weird to some extent... But hey, Transformicizing, a Nep Nep personal weight loss program!

6. Silverduke1

I'd be for it I could have a giant pillow fort.

Jimlad 42, Iris Blanche and MilkCalf like this.
  7. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

I don't think my slightly overweight dude body would look very good in spandex.

Jimlad 42, MilkCalf and Iris Blanche like this.
  8. Silverduke1

well it is called the Goddess Diet :p

Jimlad 42, MilkCalf and Iris Blanche like this.
  9. Iris Blanche

Does a neppu like goddess diet consists of being lazy and eating pudding? :nurushock:

Silverduke1, Jimlad 42 and MilkCalf like this.
  10. Merithor

Its out now. :3

11. Iris Blanche

After they had a looooot of problems xD delayed release, then another game was set as requirement for the neppu game xD

but i instantly bought the deluxe edition owo he wallpapers are cute, OST ofc and an own Windows Theme with icons and a predefined themes file OwO
    DIS SOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

12. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

I hope there's nothing gamebreaking in this port. I still can't play MegaTag to this day on PC. Wouldn't want port problems to kill the game for anyone here.

13. Merithor

Running a-okay on my end. I love how fluid everything is. I do pretty well for a support character. <----

14. Iris Blanche

Havent played tbh. was busy chatting with someoneX3

MilkCalf, Merithor and Jimlad 42 like this.
  15. Merithor

Alrighty, ere's my ittle list of stuff to say for the characters you play as (non story spoil)

Neptune; Paladin. Her playing style already screams Tank. She isn't heavy hitter material (but ofc), but when you upgrade her armor, she's nigh untouchable, for the 100-500 everyone might get hit, she is 0-50.

Noire; Black Knight. She's our DPS this time around. Quick attacks with multiple AOE/Multi-Target Spear attacks. She plays fast, you need to consistently target select to keep her on track. Shame she doesn't have her normal VA... She sounds.. Like Etna from Disgaea (not much of an issue, but it doesn't have same ring to it).

Vert; Enchantress. Support Melee with Weapon Enchanting spells. Personally don't like playing as her as.. she's not really meant for the frontlines. Great AI for enchanting, she tends to see the enemies weakness and applies the proper Enchant.

Blanc; Priest. Healer. My personal favorite to use. I know how she works in and out, having magic ranged basic attack and then healing. Her AI is alright, but I do a better heal. She can use some Offensive spells but at higher levels compared to Nepgear.

Nepgear; Mage. Long ranged spellcaster. Plays similar to Blanc, but no healing. Basic attack is similar but slightly shorter range. Just simply keep her at a distance and ChkChk, she'll do her job. I dont mind her.

Uni; Thief. I haven't seen any true thief skills yet... just what a sharpshooter would use... Plays great and fast, the only character who can dodge and shoot. Jump n Shoot lemons yo.. Grapefruit really... Her AI stinks, she does 0 damage if 'next' to the target.

Rom; Samurai. Glass cannon. Plays rough but if mastered, she makes Noire look bad. AI plays alright. Pure melee use, utilize dodge and perfect shield to keep truly alive.

Ram; Ninja. Support. "Ninja Style" of certain spells, quick lunging attacks, fast, most moves can be used with out having to stop. I'm unsure about her.

Here's a gripe I do have. You can't select different tactics for -each- character in their AI form. I'd have one less dead Uni if that'd be the case...

16. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Mostly correct, though I have some thoughts and advice to add from a seasoned player:
    (Note that, obviously, every girl will be better when in human hands.)

Neptune: Meant to be a Paladin, but is actually a Jill of all Trades. She's top tier for DPS and use. Tier 1 spells may do jack for damage, but they're super cheap and easy to chain for breaking guard. She can do a little of everything.

Noire: Erin Fitzgerald is replaced in English by Erica Mendez. Ever play Fairy Fencer F? She's Eryn. Ever watch Kill la Kill or Little Witch Academia? She's Ryuko and Akko, the protagonists. Personally, I'm a fan of hers so... I prefer her to Fitzgerald as Noire. (Sorry Erin, you're cool.) As for play style, Noire is 1000% DPS. Is best used spamming like a madman/woman. Top tier for DPS.

Vert: Useful and potentially necessary on a team. Has healing and elemental buffs, the only girl to have said buffs. However, it's important to note that the AI does not know how to buff for enemy weaknesses. Thankfully, resistance to elements is something enemies can't have in 4GO, so you're better off giving her one of each of the two element types. ("What does that mean, there's four elements?" Fire and Lightning, and Ice and Wind give the same buffs, I'd recommend using one out of the two pairs each to save space.)

Blanc
    : White Mage. Best healer, and the only girl to get several of the spells that she does. Her damage with non-healing spells isn't awful, so she can be very versatile to main. She's totally useful as an AI, but she's best when controlled. Be prepared to spam normal attacks more than usual.

Nepgear: Pure Black Mage. Primarily long ranged, with every single elemental spell in the game. Her damage is in line with a Glass Cannon if you know how to set her up properly. Her potential is only used when she's being controlled. Be prepared to spam normal attacks more than usual.

Uni: Dakka Dakka Dakka. Doesn't have any traditional thief skills, though her playstyle is reminiscent of typical "too fast to touch" rogues in other action games. Average AI. Top tier for DPS. Has very low SP due to her fast attack speed, making her great for unloading into any target without worry of conserving SP for the boss. She pretty much only has one skill that stands out. Be prepared to spam normal attacks more than usual.

Rom: Physical based Glass Cannon. AI is average. Her skill is completely in usage, and is awful until you know how to use her. Better than Noire or Nep for Physical damage... until you figure more of the game out. She's not top tier for this secret reason.

Ram: Trash. Trash AI. Pick her up and throw her away. Garbage. (If you must know she's not actually so bad you can't use her, but her AI can't play her, and when controlled she's simply weaker than every single other girl. Blanc would do more damage. She can still be played well and decimate the game, but that's your skill as a player, not her stats or skills.)

Personally, I like most of the girls, though I was probably best with Nep and Uni. Despite being the slowest attacker, Nep is still not so slow that it's frustrating. And, true to form, she's a great character for people of any skill. Uni, on the other hand, is a better Glass Cannon than Gear. Gear is great for breaking guard, but Uni just does so much damage and still has elemental skills that it's hard to argue against her. Not being able to heal your dumb AI companions is a weakness in this game, though. Special mention goes to Rom, though. Rom is loads of fun to play. She has a great flow to her.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  17. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

I have been summoned from the Alter Dimension. News of the 4GO port has reached mine ears. Tell me dear brothers and sisters of the land of Gamindustri, how fair thee? Verily I say to you that Uni is indeed my favorite character to play.

18. Merithor

My only gripe with this game.. it's short.
    Like real short.
    40 hours in and missing 2 achievements from 100% achiev. (Blessing and All skills)

So I say it's a great game, their main gimmick for this was the Online portion, but it's so borked atm that it gets nigh unplayable, but I can see the possible replayability by challenging yourself. Ie Only using Melee, no healing skills (equipped if main controlled, namely Nep and Vert), no Philosopher Stones (for self).
    I didnt complete wipe in the game, but last Guild 8 quest... Nearly had me there. Piss poor timed Awakening Super cause the problem. Only because of the philo stones I made it though.

19. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

I don't think 40 hours for a campaign is short by any means. That's practically the length of Re;Birth1 - 3 (for full completion). This is keeping in mind how much I hate short games (generally) and don't have the money to afford buying everything I have an interest in. Was worth the purchase for sure, for me. Honestly, I even replayed it again immediately after completing it the first time. Though you could blame that on me being a bit obsessed with good ARPGs (these are rare, honestly), admittedly.

I don't have access to any sort of Online play for anything I have, and I was glad to learn that nothing was locked behind it. That was a big nuisance for MegaTag.

The last few story fights and those post-game ones are... incredibly difficult in comparison to everything prior. Even the common stage mobs are tanks at that point. Don't get why they put such a large difficulty spike there. It's a massive jump out of nowhere. I'll forgive it thanks to the thankfully large, but not standard RB and onward, level cap. Though they're still somewhat tough at 200. Many of them have cheese hits that are practically or totally one-shots.
    "true" Cheetah fights. Also the final boss has an instant kill, though it's easy to see coming.

During my first run, I even used Goddess Green as my main due to her being a better Jill of all Stats than Nep, and for as powerful as the Goddesses are, some of those fights were still a bit brutal. Goddess Purple probably would've decimated if I mained her, what with the skill canceling and all. Though I suppose Green did pretty well with that if you could get into a decent rhythm. Surprising that some things could stand up to it at all, really.

All in all, it's still one of my favorite games. I'd rate it as high as RB1.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  20. Iris Blanche

40h isnt that bad imo. I've seen (and played) games where you were able to do everything in 4-8h x.x
    I like 4GO. ~5h only for now but it i had a lot of fun ^-^ (And i learned the painful way that i should not enter Tetyu Temple for now xD)

Compared to neptunia U and MegaTag i'd say this game seems to be a bit harder so far and i like it ^-^