Modding Help Are ship world properties hardcoded?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DraikNova, Mar 7, 2018.

1. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I'm currently trying to make a ship which wraps around if you move too far to one side, the same way planets work. However, from what I understand, to get this to work I would need to either make the ship itself absolutely humongous or change the size of the world the ship is in. Now, for planets, one can adjust their size using terrestrial_worlds.config, but I cannot find a similar file determining ship worlds. Is this defined anywhere in the assets, or are ship properties like these hardcoded?

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

seeing that the only file that defines a ship that ik of does not include any dimensions, i would probably say the <race>T<tier>blocks.png file defines it. try changing that to a different size and see what happens

3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

That's not consistent with the wrapping around thing, though (since you'd see multiple ships on-screen when at maximum zoom-out), and it's possible to fall out of the ship with glitches, resulting in being far enough away from the ship that one cannot possibly be in the area defined by the blocks.png file.

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Sadly you can't change the shipworld's parameters. I wish you could because I want it bigger and I wanted to other misc things to it. I was once going to add flying craft to the shipyard mod but I didn't see a point when the world is a mere 2048 x 2048.

Anyhow if you want your ship to wrap around, now you know to start with a 2048 pixel long blockImage.

Nah all that does is controlling what spawns in that section of it. The size is fixed.

5. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

well one way to learn to make stuff is to break stuff

6. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Then try a blockImage > 2048 x 2048. That might break it! I haven't tried.