RELEASED SMAPI AutoSpeed Mod

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by zipy199522, Mar 27, 2016.

1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello everyone I thought it be appropriate to announce the return of the AutoSpeed mod!

This mod will load upon loading in a character and cause your character to move faster than normal by the value specified in AutoSpeed_Data.txt.

That's it. Nothing new or fancy. Just updated it due to a bunch of user requests.

Anyway here is the link.

https://github.com/janavarro95/Stardew_Valley_Mods

Install it by putting the AutoSpeed Mod folder into Stardew Valley/Mods

Attached Files:

• unmog

unmog Void-Bound Voyager

Not really sure how Github works... I mean I was able to download the dll file. But I wasnt able to find out how to download the autospeed folder itself. Im posting here because I notice there was a bunch of other files, a class1.cs file and a manifest.json file and I have no idea what to do with those. Cant even figure out how to download them. The readme didnt give any further instructions, just copy pasted what you have on the first post here.

I'm probably in the minority on this but I never really used github much before this, so Im not really familliar with how to use it. A simple "download" link would have worked much better to get a zip file or whatever but... even if you consider doing that, it's probably time I learn what to do with Github to get it to work... so what do I do?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
      • zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ahh sorry, I guess I naturally assumed people know how github works but that assumption was pretty bad on my part. (I'm still figuring github out myself). I'll post a simple download link untill I make my github a little more user friendly. =)

ragnax likes this.
        • SevenKalmia

SevenKalmia Void-Bound Voyager

Hey can you make another version of this where the player can set the speed increase?

ragnax likes this.
          • ragnax

ragnax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very Good, thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• sungho28

sungho28 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any chance this will be updated for 2.5?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@sungho28 It's already compatible with SMAPI 2.5. Are you getting errors using it?

sungho28 likes this.
                • sungho28

Sorry, it doesn't change its speed anymore after updating with smapi 2.5. It worked well when I was using 2.2

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@sungho28 Do you have Entoarox Framework installed? That mod disables any speed mods not using its API. If not: can you try it again, upload your SMAPI log, and share the link here?

sungho28 likes this.
                    • sungho28

I'm afraid yes.. So that's what's causing it. Thankyou sir!

• simdebster

simdebster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, basically what you are saying is that we have to choose either using Entoarox Framework or use this mod? Why would Entoarox do something like this?

• voidei

voidei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a way to only change the players speed while you're on paths?

swyrl likes this.
                          • chuckfishers991

chuckfishers991 Space Hobo

I've noticed with this mod that it often messes up being able to interact with objects. It seems like it sets the game position to be off-center. For example, sometimes walking up to doors or NPCs I can't talk to them unless I loop around and then re-approach them and sometimes slightly off-center. Same thing with opening chests, etc.

Is it possible with the speed boost that this can mess up the player's game position internally?

• smjjames

smjjames Big Damn Hero

I apologize for the nearly year long necro, but just confirming what chucklefisher said about the bug.