Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

[CP] Unofficial Eemie's Darker Wood and Gold Craftables - Original can be found here.

The OC of the mod(s) is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

• arkoiris

arkoiris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[CP] Unofficial Catcrows - Cat Themed Scarecrows by DocSaturn - Original is here.

This includes both the regular version and the themed/festive-versions. There's a config for choosing between the two (defaults to normal).

The OC of the mod(s) is allowed to take this file and upload it on their official page if they wish. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Edit 5/21: Added regular version and config.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2018
      • .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

Mi's Fireplaces for CP. Tested and it works with other townInterior replacements. Edit the content to the ones you want.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
          lpvinyl21, cankersaur, Nunah and 3 others like this.
        • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You don't have the code set up to generate a config. If you did it requires ContentPatcher 1.3 which is currently in beta and unreleased to the public. If you meant the content.json I would include a read me file in there as people may get confused when editing it.
          I'll include the conversion I had planned to send to Mi upon 1.3 public release as an example of the new config.json feature.

THIS WILL NOT WORK UNLESS YOU HAVE CONTENT PATCHER 1.3+

Attached Files:

cankersaur likes this.
          • .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

My bad! I meant to type "content", yes, not "config". Thanks for catching that!

• f4iTh

f4iTh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Kitty Scarecrow Replacements (original) converted for Content Patcher.

Attached Files:

• magicalgirl44

magicalgirl44 Tentacle Wrangler

I love Content Patcher and I made a bunch of unofficial packs for myself. Will maybe eventually post the rest. I included all wolf variants in the horse replacement pack.

[CP] Unofficial Tokiri Dog Replacement - Fox - Original can be found here
                [CP] Unofficial Tokiri Horse Replacement - Wolf - Original can be found here

Attached Files:

• paradigmnomad

All good was just making sure! There's a lot of .json files to remember.

• Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

Posted in their threads, but just in case people don't look there:

[CP] Unofficial @AlterOphelie 's Character Overhaul - Original can be found here.
                    [CP] Unofficial Diverse Stardew Valley by @notsnufffie and @SarahSyna - Original can be found here and here.

Attached Files:

• magicalgirl44

magicalgirl44 Tentacle Wrangler

[CP] Unofficial Alis Flower Grass - Original here

This pack includes all variants. I see that newbies are unable to post external links on the wiki, so I couldn't update the list. ;_;

Attached Files:

lpvinyl21 and Medicell like this.
                      • TimeWandrer

TimeWandrer Void-Bound Voyager

[CP]EasierFishing_Unofficial - Original here.

The OC of the mod is allowed to take this file and upload it to her or his official page if she or he wishes. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

RainbowPantuflas likes this.
                        • TimeWandrer

TimeWandrer Void-Bound Voyager

[CP]DogReplacement_SiberianHusky_Unofficial - Original here.

The OC of the mod is allowed to take this file and upload it to her or his official page if she or he wishes. You may PM me to have the unofficial port removed if you wish.

Attached Files:

fadedwaif likes this.
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Note: when migrating an XNB mod, only use Action: Load if you actually need to replace the whole file (e.g. portrait mods). Don't use Action: Load for dialogue mods or to change a small part of a file! That's just as likely to break in Stardew Valley 1.3 as an XNB mod, since you're replacing the whole file either way.

Mokkiosan likes this.
                            • jhunichi

jhunichi Void-Bound Voyager

As you requested, here is my post from the other thread, along with my log file:

Edit: There were two values that were false by default but I changed to true in the content.json, just to see if that did anything (I didn't think it would) and that fixed it. Wow I didn't think it would be that simple, I tried so many other things first omg.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
                              • paradigmnomad

Glad you solved your problem! But this got me to add config support so updated version:
                                Requires CP 1.3+

Outdated: See main post on pg1 for the latest version.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
                                  Medicell and espurri like this.
                                • paradigmnomad

[CP] Unofficial Roosters - Original can be found here.

Attached Files:

tapioca64 and RainbowPantuflas like this.
                                  • Asher404

Asher404 Void-Bound Voyager

[CP] Eemie Classy Interior - Original can be found here.
                                    [CP] Haywrites Narrative Overhaul - Original can be found here for instance, Year One Edition.

Note : You can choose which version you want with Eemie Classy Interior, Pink or Blue Bed, Brown or Black Kitchen. See the config.json in either folder, and type the color you want. Furniture not included, use Custom Furniture for that

Attached Files:

• paradigmnomad

These both are saying they're invalid .zip on Windows. But the Narrative Overhaul will break with SDV 1.3. You need to use the `EditData` rather than just `Load` to help prevent this. I can help you convert them over, or I can convert them if needed.

Edit: I was bored so I fixed this for you!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
                                      • Asher404

Asher404 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh thank you !
                                        Just a second, I'll try again. Does it work now ?
                                        And I thought that dialogue overhaul wouldn't need any edit. Why would it break Stardew 1.3 if I used "Load" rather than "EditData" ?

Attached Files:

aijvelle likes this.
                                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Asher404 "Action": "Load" replaces the entire file with the one you provide. Any changes to that file in Stardew Valley 1.3 (like new dialogue) will be discarded and replaced with your version based on Stardew Valley 1.2. That's why "Action": "EditData" is much safer, since you're only changing specific lines (so any game updates to other lines will be kept).

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.