1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Foodie's Furniture 1.4.2

Placeable foods and food themed furniture!

1. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

thank you for the notice! the update I just put out should patch that up.
    Now wait just a-
    Oh. That should be alright then. Carry on!

Waffle-Chan and Yev like this.
  2. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Yay! New rare_candy_bracelet stuff!

As always, awesome spritework! Thank you! :-D

3. rare_candy_bracelet

thank you kindly!! ; )

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Bug time!

I wasn't able to update the mod via the forum download. Subscribing to it on Steam Workshop worked. Not sure if it was a quirk on my end, but you might want to check it out.

Also, Glitch baristas appear to be reverting to generic merchant inventories. I tested all the other races, and they all seem to be working fine. Didn't even realize there were Novakid baristas...

On a related note, Glitch baristas use generic dialogue, instead of unique ones with their unique speaking style. Normally I'd chalk that up to there being a generic set of dialogue for all baristas, but it seems Floran baristas have unique lines. I know this, because I hired one at the cinema as part of the inclusion program. Hasn't eaten a customer yet!

5. rare_candy_bracelet

that one might be on your end - the mod's zip file downloaded just fine for me
    Noted. Not sure that happened, but it'll be patched in a little bit.
    the bar is so incredibly low... you're sure? Those theaters are awfully dark, after all...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Jonesy and Waffle-Chan like this.
  6. rare_candy_bracelet

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  7. qinlongfei

qinlongfei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you remember what file name you used for 'IswearIdidn'tabandonthismodthere'sjustsomanygamesIneedtoplayplsdon'tbemadherehaveanupdate'? I can't update my mod because that version is currently in the mod folder and active, but I can't remember the file name so I can't delete it.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  8. rare_candy_bracelet

I believe that file was simply named "contents.pak"

qinlongfei likes this.
  9. qinlongfei

Thank you very much, I deleted the file 'contents.pak' and now my mod updated correctly. Your mod is great and only getting better, thank you very much for all your hard work.

A bit besides the point, but do you have future plan to maybe add your 'furniture only' placeable food item in the third tab of Plating Table into actual food item? I can't believe Chucklefish didn't add a single noodle recipe into vanilla Starbound.

rare_candy_bracelet likes this.
  10. rare_candy_bracelet

Aw, thank you kindly! I'm always glad to see people enjoying my silly mods.

I've always considered that, actually! Maybe in the future? Oh, but @ColonolNutty 's More Farming: Revitalization (a mod which I'm a contributor to, actually!) adds a lot of food items - including multiple noodle recipes!

11. qinlongfei

Funny you mentioned 'More Farming'... since I just left a review about 2 weeks ago where I give it 5/5, but also stated the mod is not for people like me because it turns cooking into a micromanaging nightmare that rivals Fracking Universe' crafting system. While I do like a mod that add a bunch of different food recipe, I also don't want to completely remake Starbound's easy cooking system.

It'll be great if you actually do add some new cooking recipes and add wax furniture version of vanilla food, but please don't feel pressured that you need to hurry. I'm already grateful for what work you did with this mod, and real life is always more important than internet life.

12. LieutenantSuisei

LieutenantSuisei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a question: is it possible for the next update to include foods from the Avali race? I ask because I have a few Avali characters that I've made, and even though their dining table has the food items on it, it would be nice to have it separate in case you don't want to use strictly use the Avali dining table and would like to use something else

I've been really enjoying this mod! I love all of the details you've put into the sprites, and that you included not only food items in both the vanilla and More Farming, game aspects, but also a few little fun ones like the macarons and omurice to name a few

13. rare_candy_bracelet

it's certainly a possibility! I might make another addon for it, if I get the time.

and thank you for your kind words! i'm just glad the silly things I made because I wanted to see them in my game are the things other people wanted to see as well!

14. LieutenantSuisei

LieutenantSuisei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That sounds great! And I totally understand. I have similar problems when it comes to time ^///^

You're welcome! I was really glad to find it. Decorating ships and houses that I make is one of my favorite things to do in Starbound

15. ProfMoebius

ProfMoebius Space Penguin Leader

Hi, furniture from this mod does not appear in Frögg Home Delivery, its the portable outpost version of Frögg Furnishing. If you can provide an extender for that it would be great as will not have to return to the outpost to get Foodies stuff.

16. rare_candy_bracelet

I'll look in to having support for the Portable Outpost mod in the next update

17. luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

a properly updated portable outpost mod grabs items added from other mods automatically without requiring specific patches, that was one of their added features as of the update shown here: https://community.playstarbound.com...utpost-quest-console.3105/update?update=24191

if mod items aren't showing up, you're using an OLD version of portable outpost

18. luna_panshiel

not sure if you're still watching this thread, but now that i have learned more about tiled, i wanted to try and figure out what the problem was with your attempt at spawning the cafe microdungeon so long ago, and i THINK i figured out what the problem is.

in the microdungeon file the anchors that determine how it gets generated into the world are actually painted onto the TILE layer, when they're supposed to be on the OBJECT layer. it's also missing air anchors to keep it from being stuck underground, i went and added a few standard layers(which i don't think are an issue but i added them to be sure)

oh and to finalize it, i moved the barista spawn point up a few tiles to reduce the odds of them being buried in the floor

this is my attempt at restoring the cafe if you wanted to test it out, though you'll have to correct the tileset paths in the json if you wanted to edit it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  19. rare_candy_bracelet

holy cow -- gonna go test this now. thank you for looking into this??

20. luna_panshiel

it took me a bit to figure out how to get tiled set up, and opening up dungeon files from mods requires a bit of reverse-engineering, but i'm pretty sure i can get it working if it's not corrected yet