Modding Help Can't understand the error report

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Ahrnie, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Ahrnie

Ahrnie Void-Bound Voyager

Hi!
    I'm new to modding in general and especially at making my own. I've run in to some trouble and I can't figure out how to solve it! Hope someone can help me!

I've been attempting to making my own version of the farmhouse map by combining two existing mods which I like but aren't compatible with each other, since they rewrite the same .xnb fie.
    these are the mods I'm trying to combine:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1668
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/192?tab=description

I've extracted the xnb files with XNB Extract by Drogean,
    I'm editing the maps in Tiled with the plug in which makes it possible.
    Once edited, it's saved and repacked (together with the .yaml) into an xnb.
    I place the xnb in the game/content/maps folder where the original vanilla file is (I use XNB Loader and SMAPI)
    I also place the extended tilesheets in content.
    I start the game throgh SMAPI
    I can start the game and acces the load files, but when the game trys to load the map I get the following error:

[Console.Out] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.setWallpaper(Int32 which, Int32 whichRoom, Boolean persist)
    at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse..ctor(Map m, String name)
    at StardewValley.Game1.loadForNewGame(Boolean loadedGame)
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c.<getLoadEnumerator>b__51_1()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

I have no idea what this means! I've tried to both edit the map with different tiles from the tilesheet png's I used (although I have only used the vanilla ones) and I've also tried including more extended tilesheets but nothing woks.
    In the end everything just crashed the game and all my pre-installed mods which have been working fine just also stopped working and crashed the game....

Some side notes: I am using windows 10, I have tried using tIDE to edit the maps, but got the same error in game.

Thank you in advance! ^^

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

FarmHouse is static. I'm not sure that you can simply load it through xnb loader. I know at one point you couldn't so you would have to overwrite the originals. Any tilesheets will have to be added to your files as an xnb as well while also being referenced in your map editor.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You removed tiles that SDV expects to be there, that is causing the error.

• Ahrnie

Ahrnie Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for the answers!
          I figured out what the problem was: I hadn't placed my farm house map at tile no 0, that is, in the top left corner. When I amended that it suddenly worked! :D
          But I could never have interpreted it from that error report from SMAPI....